It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look back at what has happend with Money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I had a chance to think about the effects of the last 10 years or so into the USA's economy ... It looks like - this was all planned. viewing it in the rear view mirror.
everyone refinanced or bought a house and paid off bad DEBT(credit cards). household finance, AutoLoans etc... and put everything on the house (at the time was good DEBT). causing money which is basically someone elses IOU or debt.
to crash causing a cash & credit crunch... thats right - the reason there is no money in the economy is because people paid off their debts and have since walked away from their outstanding morgages (shadow inventory is estimated to be 2 or 3 times larger than what is visably available ... and the only reason that happend is because our money is well based on DEBT someone had to borrow it to put it into circulation. since everyone did the same thing basically in the same time put a bubble of fictious money seeking a return. and it doesnt even exist... really strange... how can I do that get something for nothing...

Everyone should Fear 2010... with good reason... the ALT-A Loans start in January.
and Commercial Realestate is well Drouning in Debt. get ready for 10$ gallon of milk. Inflation will wreck this year. starvation will follow. death will follow that. but first, I think the Police, Highway Patrol and Sheriffs might want to rethink their career choices... it appears when people have nothing else to lose - well they Lose it and the law enforcement folks are on the front line. and their job just got like 10X more lethal.

whats your thoughts

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

I think you're over analyzing it.

My personal opinion? No one knows. No one can predict it either.
You make good points, and I'd hate to see your claim come to light, but I don't think it will be that bad just yet.

Maybe in 2012. When mass hysteria kick in because people are glued to the TV.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You are saying everyone paid off their credit cards and put it all on their home debt?

I would like to see statistics please, so far this all looks like assumption to me (a very bad one at that).

What has hurt the economy are the following.

Raised minimum wage.

ZERO oversight of the housing market (bad loans going out).

More laws being put in place (anti-smoking in buildings for Ohio killed A LOT of bars in the area).

Stupid people (which is probably 200 million or more) buying things they can not afford and putting it on the credit card, which hurts their real income unknowingly.

So much more to add but I think you get the point.

Our debt/loaning system economy is not bad. It allows for more money to be circulating all at once, making more transactions happen. To much debt freezes everything though the same way to little freezes everything.

Currently, we have to much debt. I view it as a year or two fix if the government wants to step in and help the idiots who are 200,000 dollars in debt and making a bit over minimum wage.

Would it be fair? No...but it would be necessary. - I think Bernanke said something like that? Regarding bailout of Wall Street, not Main Street though.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Lets face facts here. ( your name is making me hungry ) Star for you!
Ok back to point:

We need a reset. BUT: Not from the gov't.
WE the People, need to stop listening to TV and buying things we don't need.
Your post is spot-on. Houses, cars, clothes, etc.

All to keep up with the latest fad. Set by TV!

So who's the culprit? People, or Media?

Personally, I blame both. But mostly people, because if they would just stop going INTO debt, there wouldn't be this mess. If they would be strong and turn down fancy luxuries when they can't afford them!

BUT: Then again, I blame corporations too!
The people didn't create "credit" or "credit cards", banks did!

So it all boils down to this. Banks own the nation, and they own us. They tell us, "Yeah go ahead and get into debt to be happy, just borrow from us and pay it back for the rest of your lives!".

"Then we own you."

Great system. Obviously it worked. WE are indebted forever now.

*S&F*

[edit on 26-12-2009 by havok]

new topics

top topics

join