It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met Police search London flat in US plane attack probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Met Police search London flat in US plane attack probe

news.bbc.co.uk

BBC News correspondent Richard Slee said there was fairly low-key police activity at the last known address of Mr Abdulmutallab, a basement flat in a smart mansion block near Harley Street in central London.

Abdul Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, a Nigerian being held after the flight to Detroit, is reportedly an engineering student at University College London.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It seems Police and MI5 said they have assigned extra staff and resources on the UK inquiries as a matter of urgency.

If there is a UK connection their very worried it could mean bigger problems maybe in the wings... So far MI5 is being very quiet on the issue but it wouldn't surprise me they turn up yet another radical group... even if that group is... fabricated... for the sake of assuring the nation their on top of things

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You have to laugh at the irony.

We invade two countries to "chase terrorists" and the regimes that Harbour them, but the ones that apparently did New York were from Saudi (a major US/EU ally), the one's that did Spain were Moroccan (another major US/EU ally) who lived in Spain and the one's that did London were British (a major US ally).

Then we have the first failed Airline plot, another British man named richard Reid with his burning shoes and now this, a British based Algerian man....

Remind me again why we're in Afghanistan.....

EDIT: Surely, following the logic and reason provided for the invasions, we should be looking forward to our own regime change soon?

Americans, take note: This is the ONE AND ONLY TIME I will invite US soldiers to come and "liberate us". We don't do the death penalty usually, but I feel we can make an exception for Messrs Brown, Darling and Co...

[edit on 26/12/09 by stumason]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think this guy was lone whacko with basic chemical skill.But all he did was set his crotch on fire.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Americans, take note: This is the ONE AND ONLY TIME I will invite US soldiers to come and "liberate us". We don't do the death penalty usually, but I feel we can make an exception for Messrs Brown, Darling and Co...

I have captured and fought inslamic extremists in Iraq, if your country comes to the point where US forces are required to assist, then I must say. It is already too late.

To put it frankly, I would not go there to liberate, but help you liberate your selves. It would be a matter of training the people to train themselves for preventive measures.

Prevention is prefered over reaction.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

Lone wacko, or idiot tool used to test security. It doesnt matter, he could have been a lone moron, or a delusional copy cat. Perhaps he was a actual terrorist who got caught.

Point is, if he managed to get that far past security, some one else will too.

Heard this reported last night while I was watching 2025 on MSNBC, or some thing, and they flashed it a couple times reporting the incident.

People are lucky, it could have been a co ordinated attack with multiple attackers. The situation could have been worse, or just may be and the media is only reporting onthe details they have been allowed to know.

What I can tell you all for sure, is that this report will be forgotten in two days and no one will care that other related threats could be waiting to spring.

U.S. counterterrorism officials are scrambling to assess a potential new threat from an explosive mixture that evaded detection aboard a Detroit-bound airliner but failed to bring down the plane.

Failed Xmas attack raises new security concerns

[edit on 26-12-2009 by ADVISOR]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Not wanting to detract the topic too much, but my "edit" about a US "liberation" was a tongue in cheek remark follwoing on from my comments about the two dodgy wars we got involved in.

I might also add that Islamic extremists could only be found in Iraq after the toppling of Saddam, not before....

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

They were in Iraq before Saddam even ruined that country. They have always been in Iraq and every other muslim nation.

Extremism is not a new phenomenon, especially in Iraq. Or did you forget about the "Ba'athist" movement? ust naming one, there are many other groups but that one in particular was around before US went to Iraq, and they only were removed after we got rid of them in 2003.

Not sure where you get or got your information, but I highly advise you create an addendum for your organic data banks.

Far worse than any of those groups, was Saddams own regime, he was by far the worse extremist Iraq probably has had to deal with in a national leader.

There were far worse problems in Iraq previous to our US intervention, so pease don't try and make it out as though the USA was the root to islamic extremism.

Becuase you and I both know better.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Again, not wanting to derail the thread, but I feel your post needs a reply..

The Ba'ath party weren't Islamic extremists, they were Arab nationalists. Yes, they may have been islamic, but that's like saying Stalin was an Othodox extremist... You do know Baathists are still in power in Syria and they are as active as anyone in keeping a lid on the AQ crew.

Yes, Saddam may have been extreme himself, but he was a secular leader and paid lip service to Islam. Again, nothing to do with the religion.

It's a bit of stretch ADVISOR, come on....

Prior to the invasion, any "Islamic extremists" (as we know the term now) were kept firmly under heel as they are in most other states. Yes, some may have been existing in remote regions and border area's, plus don't forget that the Iraqi security apparatus was extremely eroded after 1991, especially in the North and South were all of the Islamic training camps were found post-2003.

I suggest you update your organic data banks....

Iraq was not a sponsor, supporter or harbourer of any terrorists through design, this we know for certain from the ongoing Iraq Enquiry here in the UK. Not sure how much info you're getting your side of the pond though.

Using that logic, one can say the UK is a harbourer just because some actually hail from the here. That is where I drew my comments from in the first post.

I wasn't claiming either that the US is the root of Islamic extremism, I think you know better than that to claim otherwise!

However, it has to be ackowledged that US/Western foreign policy plays a BIG part in creating willing recruits for these organisations. To deny this is to ignore the causes of terrorism and will only serve to exacerbate the problem.

I often cite, as an analogy of the ME problems, the troubles in NI.

The only way that was resolved was the UK Government acknowledging there were legitimate grievances on the part of the Republicans, namely their desire not to be governed from London, even if some of them went to extreme methods.

Now Irish extremism has been virtually eradicated (save for a few small splinter groups) and the province governs itself (for the most part).

Peace was only brought to the province through dialogue and negotiation, not invasions and bombing.

[edit on 26/12/09 by stumason]

new topics

top topics

join