It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Hope is for TRUE MEN... We are waiting for you...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

I feel like someone's trying to take on a role of sorts here (not you!). I get weird vibe, not a bad vibe, but just one of something different I cannot quite identify. Ah, well, ambiguity, that's life.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Well actually there is a role I want to take up...the role of an enlightened man who realizes a feminine side isn't bad...I am not saying we as men need to start going metro here...hell there are days when I have dirty jeans on. I like to get dirty but there are other times when I want to treat my queen...it doesn't make a man whipped unless he is doing it unwillingly

See OP wants a real man...I am a real man...a man of balance...some times I take charge and sometimes my wife does....it works trust me

What it seems like to me is that OP wants a man to tell a woman what to do...at least that is how it feels

oh well...I can always be wrong...another trait of a real man...admitting when he is wrong

I read her most recent post word for word to my wife...she rolled the ole eyes

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Holy hot damn this is a good post and something to SERIOUSLY think about boys...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

You want real men ???

Well I want real women !!!!

Not these barbie imitations who's hardest decision of the day is figuring out which handbag goes with which shoes, girls who can't cook, don't clean, and don't know the difference between iraq and iran.

I'm not saying a woman's sole duty should be to cook and clean, but I shouldn't be the only one doing it ya know. Their idea of breakfast is starbucks and a bagel.

So any REAL women out there, ..... get at me !!!

[edit on 26-12-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

I think you and the OP are on the same page sort of and so am I

The WORST thing that happened to Western Civ was a mandated 2 income family because greedy pricks wanted to collect more taxes...

Now don't get me wrong, I fully support a Woman's right to work, but being forced to has taken the entire Yin Yang out of our society, I'd be glad if a man chose to stay hoe too... but that's me, most people want life to be easy and to raise a family and fall in Love and what we have now is basically a sickness...

I prefer a woman to not work, or f she does I want to be home, SOMEONE needs to be a parent, someone needs to make a Home...a HOME a place to live and when the day is done you have time for each other because everything is done.

This way is a loveless nightmare... Wives that serve other men 10 hrs a day and devote 2hrs to family and husband, men who can't provide alone for a family and are emasculated.... exhausted most people are 2 ships passing in the night.

They should rot for doing this anyone even remotely responsible for a civilization where everything human takes a back seat.

You can go on weird tangents in here on What is responsible and Why it is this way... but nothing changes that something rotten is behind it.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Kyo...

Your talking about Chivalry which is.... the most Masculine trait there is...

Much of these things are hard to discuss, because feelings into words is hard to express for most people...

None the less, it doesn't sound to me like your actually off base from what the OP is saying

I respect your words completely and agree, but somehow I doubt the OP has a problem with Chivalry, in fact it is sorely lacking these days...

A real Man...

Who walks the Earth unafraid of other men... needs a Queen to bow to because when his day is done, if he is a Man there will be no one else who has the right to ask that of him and it's a relief... a pleasure to "give it up" via love to ONE person... after being a bad boy all day long...

But again... Chivalry?
Nothing not Masculine about it, you couldn't Do it, if you were a wuss...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hmm... I kinda get your drift... however I don't see anything wrong with manicures or plucking your eyebrows or whatever.. it is self improvement.

Wouldn't it be more cowardly if you can't take steps to improve yourself just because you were afraid of what other people may say or assume?

As the saying goes; Dance to the beat of your own drum.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

You should know the kind of momentum that you are up against now.

This has been deeply ingrained into western society.

And yes, there IS something in the water.

Collapse of a fish population after exposure to a synthetic estrogen
www.pnas.org...

Feminization of Wild Fish Caused by Estrogenic Pollution due to Human Waste
sciencelinks.jp...

Hormone-Mimics In Plastic Water Bottles Act As Functional Estrogens
www.sciencedaily.com...

The reproductive effects of fluoride intake
www.fluoridation.com...

"A review of fluoride toxicity showed decreased fertility in most animal species studied."

"These results indicate that fluoride does interfere with steroidogenesis in short-term lowdose exposures in rats."

There is much more on that specific website, I leave it to you to read it.

There is also the Media portrayal of Men as Stupid, oafish, and foolish, saved only by the grace of the Brilliant Angelic and wise wife that he was lucky enough to have married.

The deluge of Sex (Sex sells) into society has reduced an act of responsibility (Read: Child Creation) into a mindless ritual to be preformed so often that real emotional attachment is difficult to preform.

This reduces the effectiveness of Pair Bonding, and thus, reduces the overall birthrate.

It's a very interesting multi faceted approach, wouldn't you say?

The hypocrocies of the Male-Female situation in the Western world are quite glaring.

This is one of my favorite speakers on the subject doing what he does best...

Dishing out a heaping helping of the truth:

-Edrick

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Edrick]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed

Dude... A womans strength is her man.. That is why she lavishes so many kisses on you, and cooks your fave meal... The fact that your a strong man is a great turn on to most women... We need you guys to be strong for us in the dark places.. We want to be rescued.... By you..... And every fantasy we have had from kidhood is a real man taking us in his arms; kissing us, and we wake up and lavish all we are on the guy... Love... We can take a lot of crap for you guys, but there comes a time for you to take charge!!! take the lead.. Feignt heart never won fair maiden... And i guess we are waiting for you t man up and TELL us some home truths... Not do what you usually do and bury your head..... We want our men back....

I read through every post till THIS POINT..then I couldn't subside the flames any longer.
You truly need to understand that YOU ARE NOT speaking for all women.
You say you have a military background and obviously a religious one and it appears that in itself has created a conflict within you in that you don't really know what your role is and you need a man to help you figure that out. I have read your posts around the board and your use of 4 letter words frequently certainly knocks down the high and mighty status you are portraying here..no matter what your excuse.
For starters..stop preaching on a messageboard. You want to see a change go look for it in real life.But if you keep going on like that don't expect the support of men or women because it seems to many of us here that you have not even truly defined what you are speaking of.
I don't speak for anyone but myself...but I'll say one truth for me is that I DON"T WANT THE KIND OF MAN YOU ARE DESCRIBING. I don't want to be saved or rescued and my fantasies don't even go there honey and never have.I want an equal..a partner , to share my life with..nothing more, nothing less. I'll not lower myself or my potential in anyway just so the man in my life can "Lead". NO WAY.
I truly hope you find what you are looking for..maybe it'll induce a bit of sanity for you.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by AccessDenied]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

That is why she scared me....the lack of sanity.

Good reply Access. Excellent observational skills.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Right.... I'm still in a bit of a haze from Xmas and stuff... and not quite with it... but WTF is the OP about?

I don't get it.

What are men supposed to have done or not done or whatever.

These "all men" or "all women" threads are as bad as "all muslims" "all atheists" threads and so on..... sweeping, generalised statements.

Can anyone tell me in a sentence or two... what the OP is talking about?

Cheers

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Crazy eh?

Part of the reason I became celibate was because of the deluded female fantasies that some of them live in. I sensed a little of that in the OP.

I think you're right BB....Billions of people and some still only see two main types. :shk: men & women.

I suppose it makes things easier for those who cannot think deep enough to see the individual in us all.

I think the ladies will just have to keep waiting for their princes to be born, let alone show up on their doorstep with a bunch of flowers and a lifelong promise of protection and security.

My hope is for a "TRUE WOMAN" to come along. Now if I could only define them and get them to be who I want them to be then the world is rosy.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You and I AD would get along well in a relationship were it not for us never having met, me being married and about a billion other reasons :-p

My point wasn't about chivalry...m point was equality and that isn't what OP is preaching here...it sounds alot like OP wants men to be dominant...not happening in this guy I can tell you that

I am a man...a real man who shares his life...I laugh, I cry, I get moody...all the things women are usually accused of

I really don't see an issue with a guy having a feminine side or a girl having a masculine side...we all have them but alot of us are afraid to use them...not me...and it has gotten me an incredible and balanced relationship

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
You truly need to understand that YOU ARE NOT speaking for all women.

Men would not agree, or would, or...

Yeah, forget, it. It is a strange sensation for me to even pretend to speak in absolute terms for roughly 1/2 the planet, for even an incomplete sentence.

You say you have a military background and obviously a religious one and it appears that in itself has created a conflict within you in that you don't really know what your role is...

It crossed my mind as being a symptom of something, not a cause but it could be a cause. The militiary role is somewhat of an opposite to the current "damsel in distress" position. The relationship to religion simply has a paternal feel to it.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Hi AD
. Agreed. I read some of this, and couldn't help but notice the absence of women on this thread. The men-folk seem to be eating it up, and I'm curious about that.

One thing in my *romantic* relationships I must have above all else is equality. I've ended relationships because someone tried to "override" my desires/thoughts with his "maleness", and likewise I have ended them because I was constantly in the role of the person who thinks/loves/cooks/plans social engagements/nurtures/decides who we will vote for/ and on and on.

I have to have, demand, absolute equality. Sometimes I am the strong one. Sometimes he is. Sometimes I need to be nurtured. Sometimes he does. Sometimes I need him to think straight for me. Sometimes he needs me to think straight for him. Equality.

What I don't want is someone who seeks to control me, define me, and tell me what to think, feel, or how to behave. Neither would I seriously entertain a relationship with someone who wanted those things from me.

Given, there is a huge difference in the the muscular/skeletal structure of men and woman. Men use that to help me at times. I appreciate it. I can also do things they can't do. I use those things to help them. They appreciate it. It's a natural give and take.

Certainly the OP has the right to express her views, especially in the BTS forums. It is a personal opinion, and I wish it had been presented more in a "What I want in a man", rather than "what women want".

It's a stroking of male ego, and minimizing the essence of woman. What women want varies. I like a man who can cry. It takes a strong man to cry. I like a man who can admit he is wrong, and who won't take me to the cleaners when I am. I like a man who can make decisions, but yet doesn't resist my own.

For those of you in relationships, who listen to the OP, then decide to go use your newly acquired "manly-man" skills on your partners, don't be surprised if it doesn't blow up in your face.

We have evolved in our genders, and I am glad. He can cook, and I can take out the trash. It's no longer the "conventional" roles that became so established after WWII. My father couldn't turn on the washer, and my mother had no idea how to put gas in the car.

To go back to that would be a huge leap backwards. A mistake. That's not who we are anymore.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

.....and here you are, with your brilliant self, just hanging on this for what it's worth. I'm surprised.

Just saying.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

.....and here you are, with your brilliant self, just hanging on this for what it's worth. I'm surprised.

Just saying.

*blush*

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Tell the whole world it needs a beer.

Spiral sky anomalies in Norway. The end is nigh.

Sagittarius A, a message?

Ophiuchus, hold my serpents please.

Orange Soda with a shot of Vodka.

Draconian Punishments for misanthropy.

Don't be scared. I'm only here to help!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Just saying.

*blush*

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Tell the whole world it needs a beer.

Spiral sky anomalies in Norway. The end is nigh.

Sagittarius A, a message?

Ophiuchus, hold my serpents please.

Orange Soda with a shot of Vodka.

Draconian Punishments for misanthropy.

Don't be scared. I'm only here to help!

Do you usually post poetry on the ATS podium ?
And is it normally of a reptilian theme?
I'm pleased. It even has the word Draconian.
I thought I was the only one who did that sort of thing

[edit on 27-12-2009 by dragonsmusic]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

....and welcome back. I was beginning to think you had all taken flight of your senses.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

....and welcome back. I was beginning to think you had all taken flight of your senses.

ladyinwaitng;
the grounding element of the divine feminine
?
You summed it up perfectly; what was wrong with the OP's thread I mean.
Stroking the male ego and lessening the essence of woman.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
Do you usually post poetry on the ATS podium ?

Simple amplified quantum fluctuations in the spacetime continuum. Mind inflation theory posits that these initial and minute variations are manifested into classical reality through increased awareness.

And is it normally of a reptilian theme?

Of the Cardassians, Gul Dukat is particularly pleased with the quality of my work. My daily ore output quota can be reduced by as much as 50 percent, allowing me time for creative pursuits. The majority are simply worked to death to provide raw materials.

I'm pleased. It even has the word Draconian.

Most are at odds with Federation citizens.

I thought I was the only one who did that sort of thing

Every once in a while, one is released from bondage. Cardassia Prime is also within the confines of the galactic flux tube, it having about an equal amount of influence on them and Earth.

Believe it or not, even some individuals of the Saurian race have begun to evolve the capacity for compassion due to nonlocal effects from quantum entanglement with their Terran solar system of origin. Even the delta quadrant is under its spell.

Also, STEGANOGRAPHY!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join