It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maverick Iraqi politician claims Iran could go nuclear within weeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Maverick Iraqi politician claims Iran could go nuclear within weeks

www.jpost.com

In early September 2009, before Iran announced the existence of a previously unknown uranium enrichment plant near the city of Qom, Alusi told this reporter there were other major Iranian nuclear sites in addition to the four known to the international community. Now he says that in addition to the five currently known, there are even more Iranian nuclear sites.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.alarabiya.net
www.israelnationalnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israel summons envoys from all over the world

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It looks like this guy was spot on in the past about the secret Iranian nuclear reactor site at Qom and the development of the long range Shihab missile. Apparently, this politician has some very good and powerful sources in the Iranian regime.

One can say that some elements in the Iranian regime are not too happy about the apparent power grab by IRGC and hence these anti IRGC factions are spilling the beans to stop the power shift.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Seems that politician are all the same , no matter what part of the world you are from . They over state and promote fear to gain support and power .

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

The first reports of more nuclear facilities were by the Iranian Muhajadeen in 2008. They'll probably have more facilities, and even warhead facilities as well.

In fact, he predicts the Iranians could have a nuclear capability - and may announce that they have it - as soon as next month.

"We are receiving information which says Iran is so close to producing an atom bomb," Alusi said in an interview earlier this month, the latest in a series of interviews conducted since September. "All the international community, they don't realize how close [the Iranians] are to the goal... The Iranians will surprise us one day [soon] and say, 'We have it.'"

Could they go nuclear before the opposition cause the regime to collapse? Possibly, but I wonder if they'll announce it (even if they haven't got one) to goad Israel into bombing the facilities and so changing the enemy of the opposition from the regime to Israel. Or maybe they will actually have a nuke soon, and I would not be surprised at all if that was the case.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Jerusalem Post wouldn't lie to us

Would they ???

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Jerusalem Post wouldn't lie to us

Would they ???

Or it could be all lies & bollocks instead!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Maverick or paid off Iraqi Politician the spew out false flag information so the US can have a reason to invade Iran?

I mean hey they pay off Taliban every day your tax dollars to not attack their supply routes then turn around and attack them.

Could be a interesting thing to take into account since most of our wars are started with false flags so don't be blind.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

Quite simply more scare tactics from all sides.

Frankly, I'm fed up with hearing the people in World Government, because all they ever do is rattle their sabers, threaten with nukes, or intimidate with armies sitting on a border anymore and I have become completely desensitized to their crap.

This is nothing more than a budgetary shakedown, each and every time we hear about a new threat, it is just an old threat, wrapped in a new Administration's lies, re-sold as the "new" pre-packaged crap-fest in order to release funds.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f344627e190.jpg[/atsimg]

You would think people would grow up, not in Washington D.C., because that will never happen, but throughout the world, and begin seeing this as a means of a financial shakedown through nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fbb3e453e96a.jpg[/atsimg]

Personally, since I grew up during the 70's, 80's, and early 90's as a child, teenager, and young adult, I see nothing anymore as more than political saber-rattling thanks to my understanding of politics, Government, and the way they shakedown the people throughtout the world.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f75932d4680a.jpg[/atsimg]

I am a terrorism baby in that I have seen so many things thrown around through the media over my lifespan, I believe nothing from Washington D.C. nor the media anymore and would much rather rely on my own instincts, senses, and ability to see what the Hell is going on.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This part is exactly the impression I have got from the way Ahmadi and Khamenei speak at public addresses, as though they aren't in control, and they are taking orders from the revolutionary guards.

"[At this point], no [individual] Iranian can stop it, not even [President] Ahmadinejad can," he said. "If they give the order [to stop the nuclear program,] they will be killed... The Revolutionary Guard are driving security."

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Maybe the fact they have their own nukes is a good thing, because it could be the deterant the world is looking for, it may just make countries like the US and Israel think twice before making the first move. If you think about it, If Iraq had Nukes, they would have been well within their rights to use them, seeing as there were no WMD, and no links to Al Quadea, nor the WTC, so just the fact that they were invaded was an act of war by the allies, and warranted a retaliation attack, which if i remember they tried but just didn't have the tools for the job.so just imagine if they had, had nukes in secret, which the Iranians could have, very dangerous grounds IMO.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Maverick Iraqi politician

Oh God, they have them in Iraq too. He is as much a "maverick" as that girl in Rome jumping the Pope a nun.

PS: I have nothing against nuns. Some of the best people can be found in their ranks in the Catholic Church.

top topics

join