It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some things don't add up about the explosion on Northwest Airlines today.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by seattletruth
Another aspect that doesn't add up: we all know that powder can't "explode".

Guess you never heard of gun powder then

Gunpowder is classified as a low explosive

An it was a firecracker

totally missed the point so this post is an attempt to derail ..

2nd line

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Hello nice people,

Well I am from Holland and a witness says that the man looked like he was in an trance, he didn't resist at all, there was a bit of fire and that's it.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'll tell you what doesn't add up.

NYT is reporting this guy spent 20 minutes in the bathroom prior to attempting to light his "bomb" on fire.

If this guy really wanted to blow up the plane, why in the hell would he go back to his seat which is surrounded by passengers before attempting to ignite it?

I would do it in the bathroom where you can lock the door and people can't hear or see what you are doing.

That is the part which makes no sense at all.

This guy is not an "Al Qaeda" terrorist, he is probably either extremely mentally disturbed or a victim of a mind control program. There is no way this guy is a dedicated jihadist.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
so i've been giving this some thought all morning long, and i have to retract one of my previous statements.

That statement is "there's no way this is a conspiracy"

i am not saying with any absolute certainty that it *IS* but i am saying i think you've got the wrong idea.

With the recent incursion by that couple at the dinner a while back (i forget their names, but they made it into the party without being on the list)

to this guy getting onto an airplane while being on a FBI terror list...

We have two glaring examples of failure in the DoHLS (department of homeland security)

Ms. Nopalatano (i cant spell it...you know who i mean) has been responsible for two big lacks in security, and they're blaming it on an abundance of restrictions (restrictions for them to 'do their job') so perhaps they are lobbying to the American public so that they can up the ante on the DoHLS and invade our personal space a little more?

Thats all i really can see coming from this - *IF* it wasnt just some nutjob trying to get to the land of 40 virgins.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Well i can say im really surprised to hear you of all people retract your statement about this possible conspiracy thats for sure. But do check out all the information ongoing. Glad to see you woke up a little

[edit on 29-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Hey man i posted the link with article stating the new rule imposed. Your acting like im saying everyone should stay seated if a terrorist was on a plane by your post. I would rip his friggin head off if i were on there it wouldn't be pretty.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
This guy is not an "Al Qaeda" terrorist, he is probably either extremely mentally disturbed or a victim of a mind control program. There is no way this guy is a dedicated jihadist.

So you'll agree with the Obama administration's initial assessment that this is an isolated incident?

To the OP's idea on propaganda for the Afghan war; if it was all cooked up to be just that...why not say he was trained in Afghanistan or somewhere closer than Yemen, where he was 'trained'?

Initial reports of the man being in a trance, suggesting he was drugged and not fully aware of what was going on when he attempted to detonate his device.

Finally; you couldn't have profiled this guy, a black, wealthy, Nigerian does not fit the terrorist profile of brown, poor, arab. He didn't even have a beard for goodness sakes.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth

Another aspect that doesn't add up: we all know that powder can't "explode". Al-Qaeda members are well trained in improvised explosives manufacturing. To think that he would even think it was possible to blow up a plane using powder, or to need "instructions given to him on how to use it" from some guy in Yemen is kind of funny.

Don't include me in the "we" in the first sentence.pentaerythritol tetranitrate powder sure as hell can explode. So can sugar (Port Wentworth, GA - 2008), wheat (Australia 2007). We use powdered fertilizer every day as explosives in our Kentucky strip mines. And as for it being impossible to blow up a plane with powdered PETN, please take my seat next to the bomber.PETN has a relative explosive (RE) Index of 1.66, making it one of the most powerful high explosives. It's what Semtex is made of. It has an explosion velocity of 8,400 meters/second.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by seattletruth]

[edit on 30-12-2009 by 4nsicphd]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I personally don't believe this to be any kind of "false flag", precisely because I fail to see what benefits "they" are getting out of it. Travel disrupted (lost business), people scared to travel (lost business), increased costs for security (lost business). Everywhere you look the already struggling air travel industry got a kick in the nuts today, so why would "they" want this?

As for powder not exploding, as has been stated many times already, this is utter bollocks. Flour can be a pretty powerful explosive, I remember a kids show years ago that said if Guy Fawkes had a cellar full of flour during the plot, he could have got away with not being caught and still caused an explosion as big as the barrels of gunpowder he had.

Also, when I lived in Germany, there was a factory next to my dads barracks that exploded one day, killing several german workers and leaving others horribly burnt. My dad had to pull survivors from the rubble, some of whom had their skin falling off. Anyhoo, the explosion was later found to have been caused by "excessive amounts of airborne powder and dust", which was ignited by a spark and promptly exploded, levelling the entire factory.

If you're so certain powder doesn't explode, go and throw flour around your kitchen. A good few bags, not a handful mind you. Then, with all the flour swirling around in the air, light a flame.....

[edit on 3/1/10 by stumason]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I think this whole thing was set up to give the DHS and the contractors for those full body x-rays the rationale for increased power I'm pretty sure we have some major investors in government for those x-ray machines so out of the blue we have this happen and lo and behold the self-proclaimed "counter-terrorism." experts are all over the news talking this up and selling the machines as a fool proof solution.I remember Colin Powell's warning of a "Terrorism-Industrial" Complex we have a perfect example of it right here.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I think it is very interesting that it happened to be a Nigerian man. Nigeria is one of the world's largest exporters of oil. We often get news here in South Africa about their civil war and attacks in the Niger Delta because they blame companies like Shell for exploiting their resources and polluting their environment.

Do any of you think it is viable that the US could see Nigeria as another oil target to exploit??

Use it, don't use it.

<< 1  2   >>

join