It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A house devided

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I've noticed for the last few years that we (USA) are divided in everything. It doesn't matter what poll is taken,we seem to be split about EVERYTHING...and it's usually 50-50.

The recent debacle in the government houses is just an example, but it seems to be universal...it doesn't matter how minor the subject...we just can't pull the threads together to unite or agree about anything.

Any thought as to what you have noticed and why you think it is?

My own theory is that we have tried to be so polically correct that we have lost our own purpose and sense of who we are.. That happened to Rome...they absorbed sp many peoples that they lost their own identity, split apart and eventually consumed themselves.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
As the proverbial goes "divide and conquer". There are big corporate and banking interests out there that have only one priority in their cross hairs... profit. If the american people are in the way of making the quickest biggest buck, then they "divide and conquer"... unfortunately there is a lot of profit to be made off of the pain and misery of others. If you are the source of the problem and also the cure, you can bleed your victims indefinitely.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
What scares me is that like A. Lincoln said "A house divided against itself cannot stand" we are so divided on everything...If we don't pull together and get our house in order, we are in a lot of trouble.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
indeed, too much stuff people can't agree on.

and now with global warming, climategate and more troops to Afghanistan, we need tomething to agree on.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
The 'house' has always been divided in the United States. This is not a recent development as stated by the MSM, Fox News or any other outlet including this one.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
In the realm of politics, the house divided is in large part a performance. Both parties work for many of the same masters, just look at who finances their campaigns. The lobbyists court both sides, insuring that they will always have someone in office who will represent their best interests... not the peoples'.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wiseone11

Abraham Lincoln may have said it, and if he did, he was quoting Jesus Christ.

The Pharisees Rebuked

Matthew 12
22 Then a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute was brought to Jesus, and He healed him, so that the mute man spoke and saw. 23 All the crowds were amazed, and were saying, “This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?” 24 But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons.”
25 And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, “Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 “If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? 27 “If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges. 28 “But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 “Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.

I agree that division in the US is caused and maintained by the principalities and powers that are the rulers of the darkness of this world.

top topics

join