It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Will Never Leave Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
After building the largest permanent Military bases in the world , in fact 3 of them

and then building a Embassy Compound that is BIGGER than Vatican City.

Obama may say he's going to bring the troops home, but that will only happen

when every drop of OIL is sucked out of the ground .

If Iraq has 95 billion barrels , and the US uses 20 mil. est. a day.

That would sustain the US for about 13.5 years , using just Iraq's oil.

Anybody still believe the US Gov?

EDIT; his est at the end is globally per billion barrels, as this is a excerpt of
a longer video

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I agree, that is why it doesn't matter who get's to buy the oil, refine it and sell the oil products.

It does matter WHO is gonna buy the gas.

A job well done by the Control of Foreign Resources folks and the Corruption and Infiltration Agency.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I do agree that we probably will never leave Iraq, but not because of oil, that, in fact, is retarded.

If anything the reason we would not leave Iraq is for a peace keeping mission simular to the North and South Korea set up. I am betting they will break it into Shias, and Sunnies(I know I messed the spelling up on those but everyone with a basic knowledge should know what Im talking about). This is the ONLY way that there will ever be peace in the middle east without a violent dictator. Lets be honist. Those people love to kill each other and even though Saddam was a douche bag, he kept there little muslim asses in line! Without somone like him in power they need to be seperated. Thats just how it is. NOT ONLY is that a good Idea but that was what the Iraqi people wanted prior to saddams rule. SOOO its a pritty safe bet.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by ThePeoplesSoldier]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier
I do agree that we probably will never leave Iraq, but not because of oil, that, in fact, is retarded.

If anything the reason we would not leave Iraq is for a peace keeping mission simular to the North and South Korea set up.

So the US is going to stay , not for their own interest , but for

the good will of the Iraqi people ?

I guess there could be a first for everything.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
And here is what will keep NATO forces in Iraq

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mtok7

They might as well run up the flag and call it a new State,

Till the oil dries , Uncle Sam is home.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, old glory should be hanging over Baghdad and gas should be fifty cents a gallon. If your gonna put the boys in harms way make it worth their while.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan
As far as I'm concerned, old glory should be hanging over Baghdad and gas should be fifty cents a gallon. If your gonna put the boys in harms way make it worth their while.

You know man, I am totally against the B.S. reason for the takeover

of Iraq.

But what you said ....

Lets call a spade a spade.

We conquered your country for your oil, Deal with it.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Im just curious as to which three "permanent" bases you believe the US has built in Iraq?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I don't think the US will leave Iraq, either. They still have bases in places like Germany and Japan from post-WWII and South Korea from the Korean War. I don't know if they are as massive as the one they put up in Iraq, but still, I really don't think they need a presence in countries that haven't been at war with the US in decades, or, in the case of South Korea, ever.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

You nailed it... and yet they still don't think they are big enough.
Here's my news thread on the latest press release:

U.S. Embassy in Baghdad plans to double in size

The Baghdad embassy is already the largest in the world and bursting at the seams with people and equipment. ... As the military continues to drawdown in Iraq, the U.S. Embassy there is taking over many of the "critical missions" that the military has been heavily involved in for years, and fundamental changes in the American role in Iraq are coming.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Im still waiting to hear the names of the three "permanent" bases that some believe we are building in Iraq. Wonder why there is no answer to that..........

(An Embassy is not a base)

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Swampfox46_1999]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

I haven't seen the claim about 3 permanent bases, but perhaps those you saw claiming it are counting the embassies when you aren't?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I don't see how the US can possibly leave. The Iraqi people aren't stupid, they know they're under a US controlled puppet government.

If the US pulled out, the people would seize back control of their country very swiftly...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

First line of the OP.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Sorry, I'm retarded! That does beg the question though, what are these 3 permanent bases you speak of, Sean48?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You could pick three from any of the following:

Green Zone
Camp Falcon-Al-Sarq
Camp Victory- Al Nasr
Camp Anaconda/Balad Airbase
Camp Taji
Taqaddum Airbase
Camp Fallujuh
Al Asad Air Base
al-Qayyara
Camp Marez
Camp Renegade
al-Talil Air Base
Patrol Base Shocker

source: www.fcnl.org...

If the U.S. is ultimately leaving Iraq, why is the military building 'permanent' bases?

Initially, the US established more than a hundred bases of different sizes in Iraq. By the end of 2003, the Pentagon had developed as many as fourteen bases beyond the level of temporary encampment. According to the Iraq Study Group, at the end of 2006 there were still 55 US bases in the country and Pentagon requests for funding in the last year have included money for building giant mess halls – capable of feeding 5000 people – new airfields, and other facilities that suggest the U.S. isn’t planning to leave Iraq anytime soon. Below are some of the key facilities and mega-bases.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

If the US pulled out, the people would seize back control of their country very swiftly...

Oh NOES!!! Heaven forbid the people of a country want to rule their own country. WE MUST STOP THAT FROM EVER HAPPENING, AT ANY COST (literally).

Like, what the hell is that?? Don't they know that USA should control the world??

What is wrong with people these days? Seriously.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Eye
You could pick three from any of the following:

Green Zone
Camp Falcon-Al-Sarq
Camp Victory- Al Nasr
Camp Taji
Taqaddum Airbase
Camp Fallujuh
Al Asad Air Base
al-Qayyara
Camp Marez
Camp Renegade
al-Talil Air Base
Patrol Base Shocker

source: www.fcnl.org...

If the U.S. is ultimately leaving Iraq, why is the military building 'permanent' bases?

Initially, the US established more than a hundred bases of different sizes in Iraq. By the end of 2003, the Pentagon had developed as many as fourteen bases beyond the level of temporary encampment. According to the Iraq Study Group, at the end of 2006 there were still 55 US bases in the country and Pentagon requests for funding in the last year have included money for building giant mess halls – capable of feeding 5000 people – new airfields, and other facilities that suggest the U.S. isn’t planning to leave Iraq anytime soon. Below are some of the key facilities and mega-bases.

Your list is laughable i suggest you find another source of information most of them are fb (look it up) And guess what the most permanent structures are cinder block shacks several of the locations don't have more the 2 or 3 units.For example Mosul airport has maybe 100 soldiers.The mess hall they were mentioning was built in the green zone and due to its location can easily be turned back into its original purpose.This list was made by someone who's never been to Iraq and peaced it together from poor information.

Oh and to further shoot your theory in the foot! read this especially the last line:
The MEK Compound in Fallujah, Iraq (also known as Camp Fallujah) is a large military compound that, as of May 2008, is home to United States Marine Corps forces. The camp was once occupied by the Iranian dissident group the Mujahideen-e-Khalq (MEK) however, after the Mujahideen-e-Khalq surrender on May 11, 2003, U.S. forces took control of the compound and now utilize it as the main base for U.S. forces operating in and around Fallujah. It is adjacent to the other major U.S. base in Fallujah, the former Baathist resort Camp Baharia (also known as "Dreamland")As of 12 January 2009, this based was signed over to the Government of Iraq and Demilitarized. [1]

[edit on 1/11/10 by dragonridr]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

You must have sped read through the report with your preconceived ideas.

Here let me help you slow down so you can learn something new, that is in tune with reality:

Balad airbase is the second busiest airport in the world, trailing only London’s Heathrow Airport. Camp Anaconda is the largest U.S. logistical base in Iraq. The camp is spread over 15 square miles and is being constructed to accommodate 20,000 soldiers. There is a 24 hour gym, lighted outdoor basketball courts, Olympic-sized swimming pool, as well as a chandeliered cinema for the troops. “The closest some troops here come to experiencing the Iraq seen on the evening news is the miniature golf course, which mimics a battlefield with its baby sandbags, little Jersey barriers, strands of concertina wire and, down at the end of the course, what appears to be a tiny detainee cage,” wrote Tom Ricks from the Washington Post.

Al Asad Air Base

About 120 miles west of Baghdad, near the Euphrates town of Khan al-Baghdadi, Al Asad Air Base hosts 17,000 troops, a Burger King, a Pizza Hut and a car dealership, and an internal bus system. The Bush administration requested $39 million the FY 08 budget for new airfield lighting, air-traffic-control systems and upgrades allowing al-Asad to plug into the Iraqi electricity grid — a typical sign of a long-term base.

and the crown jewel, as described prior...

Green Zone (Baghdad)

The Green Zone in Baghdad includes the main palaces of former President Saddam Hussein. The area at one time housed the Coalition Provisional Authority; and now houses the offices of major U.S. consulting companies and the U.S. embassy—by far the largest embassy in world history that approaches the size of the Vatican, or six times the size of the UN compound in New York.

There are the three, that look like the biggest permanent stays out of the lot.

Deny it all you want, it's all part of the grand plan, we are there to stay.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join