It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Mayans have been the "144,000"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Please bear with me re my ignorance.

My first point, time is as the "blink of an eye" to God.

Secondly, many cultures/civilizations were exploring South America at the era of the Mayans, yes? Naturally, these other cultures would have bred with the native peoples, yes?

With all we think we know now about the Mayans, re suspected extraterrestrial contact, architecture, math, astronomy, the calendar, etc.

So my hypothesis is the twelve tribes have already been saved, (the Mayans disappeared all at once) ,we are deep in the tribulation, and the end is really near.

Remember the Nazi's fascination with South America? The correlation with the Mayans and ancient Egypt?

ATS help me with this one!

[edit on 25/12/09 by MajesticJax]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

Your premise is set on the 144,000, which I believe is a JW belief. So one would have to first accept that, wouldn't they?

The History channel had a show about them a while back, and those historians believed their demise was essentially from deforestation. To live, they destroyed their environment without making allowances to replace it, and in doing so, displaced themselves.

Obviously, I cannot answer your question, but nonetheless I find it very intriguing, and will be interested to see what other's comments might be.

S&F for original thought!!!

[edit on 12/25/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Fascinating idea, but in the end, the 144,000 are 12,000 of the 12 tribes of Israel. The Bible is pretty plain on that, unless you contend that the Mayas may be part of the Lost 10 Tribes of the N.Kingdom of Israel. Now that would be an interesting viewpoint.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
dp, sorry

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Your premise is set on the 144,000, which I believe is a JW belief.
[edit on 12/25/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

Yes, it is a prevalent? JW belief, but taken from the Bible re the twelve lost tribes of Israel. Not specific to JW. It's a big prophecy point in most beliefs.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Fascinating idea, but in the end, the 144,000 are 12,000 of the 12 tribes of Israel. The Bible is pretty plain on that, unless you contend that the Mayas may be part of the Lost 10 Tribes of the N.Kingdom of Israel. Now that would be an interesting viewpoint.

Just about EVERY civilization north of Israel in that time, would a) be about 10 "tribes".

b) Ain't in ironic we have the EU with 10 major entities?

c) Wer'e entering the final phase of the world and the major end-time prophecy is focused on the Mayans.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Non-ecological theories of Maya decline are divided into several subcategories, such as overpopulation, foreign invasion, peasant revolt, and the collapse of key trade routes. Ecological hypotheses include environmental disaster, epidemic disease, and climate change. There is evidence that the Maya population exceeded carrying capacity of the environment including exhaustion of agricultural potential and overhunting of megafauna.[13] Some scholars have recently theorized that an intense 200 year drought led to the collapse of Maya civilization.[14] The drought theory originated from research performed by physical scientists studying lake beds,[15] ancient pollen, and other data, not from the archaeological community.
en.wikipedia.org...

My personal answer is no.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax

No this is not an example of irony.

1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
2. Literature.
a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b. (esp. in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme,

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mosesgunner

Originally posted by MajesticJax

No this is not an example of irony.

1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
2. Literature.
a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b. (esp. in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme,

Please forgive me Mr. Professor!

A figure of speech, and I guess now you're gonna give me the provenance on that phrase too, huh?

Attention ATS, the linguistics police are on patrol.

Analyze this: Gosh, Forgive me, You.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Anyway, just a rambling thought, that I thought may have gained some traction.

If I don't think, I don't learn, right?

By the way, fix your avatar, that is so tacky, and shows your lack of knowledge/proficiency/interest.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

troll much?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I appoligize, I my self am a huge fan of irony, it's a driving force in my life. This created a pet peeve in me that hates when people miss use the word. No offense meant, I simply wish to spread the true joy of one of life's treasures.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
oh and I'm not a professor, in fact I'm mildly retarded. I do enjoy being called professor. Could you say it again? Oh if you would to learn about irony I'd gladly suggest some Shakespeare to you, I know public school aint to good no moe.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by mosesgunner]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Scripture tells us that 144,000 people will spread the Word; the Good News. They will do this in the end times. They are Jews of that time. The Jehova's Witnesses believe that only the 144,000 will make it into heaven- an incorrect interpretation.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JKM001

Scripture tells us that 144,000 people will spread the Word; the Good News. They will do this in the end times. They are Jews of that time. The Jehova's Witnesses believe that only the 144,000 will make it into heaven- an incorrect interpretation.

Isn't it Ironic. A Jew is suddenly everything to everyone.

A quote starts saying "Scripture tells us", and then goes on to misrepresent the Scripture so only about 8% (rough math) of it is factual.

So since such an efforct has been taken to ask a question about a subject with absolutely no reference to relate to, I must step up offer some.

Revelations 007:004 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
007:005 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
007:006 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
007:007 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
007:008 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

So we see somethings are clear.

12000 of the Jews are discussed immeadiately in Verse 5. We know where they are today. They reside within the homeland of Israel for the most part.

We can also see that Levi is covered with another 12000, but whether that is out of those who were to oversee Judah alone, or actually some from each of the 12 tribes, is unclear. So with that said, I can say it is either 1000 that is located or 12000 located, depending on where they are.

We see Zabulon has 12000, which of course we all know is present day Holland. Zabulon means a dwelling lifting water, and a prophesy by GOD on Zabulon indicated they would be a haven for ships, and make their livelyhood from the dirt of the sea. Take a moment and think about it!!!

We see Naughty Dan has been replaced by Manasses, and according to British Myth, this is part of the English Origins, although I have my doubts.

We know, the 10 Tribes which went missing were considered lost during the Babylonian Invasion in 500 BC (Approx). They fled over the Caucus Mountains, and either wandered through or assimilated with thier northern neighbours.

We know Iber is a reference to Hebrew, and this has implications when one considers the Iberian Pennisula. I feel the Basque maybe on of those "Lost" tribes.

Spain has some direct family Connection.

Naughty Dan is now representative of her worship Queen Beatrice and her peoples the Danes.

And then we have then known facts of Ireland, and on thru to Scotland and their rightful claim to the Davidic Line and the Throne of David.

So we can see, we can definately find some of these Peoples which make up the 144000, but we can not be certain of about 60% in my personal view.

Now this just covers some of the information we can obtain and discuss.

As for the 144000 they are noted again, and they are doing something.

Revelations 014:003 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

Hmmm. They need to know some song for some reason?? Oh what's this?

Revelations 015:003 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

And for those who wish, the Song of Moses is Exodus chapter 15.
www.jesus-is-lord.com...

We'll pickup on this, because the topic is a valid one. We just need some references to work with.

Ciao

Shane

top topics

join