It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish women arrested and insulted for praying at holy site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Telegraph.co.U.K.

Once a month a group of Jewish women risk arrest and brave a crowd of angry ultra-Orthodox men calling them Nazis, to pray at the western wall, the holiest place in Judaism..........

On a recent Friday, about 200 members of the Women at the Wall (WoW) showed up to pray at the main Jewish pilgrimage site despite pouring rain and insults hurled from across the partition that separates the men's section from the far smaller one reserved for women.
Men sporting the black coats and wheel-shaped fur hats that identify ultra-Orthodox Jews shouted at the women, calling them "Nazis," and telling them to "go to church".
The scene is similar every first day of the month on the Jewish lunar calendar. It is then that women pray at the Wall - also known as the Wailing Wall or by its Hebrew name Kotel. The wall is revered by Jews as the remnant of their second temple, which the Romans destroyed in 70 AD.

I'm not sure why it's illegal for women to pray at the Wailing wall(since It's not really the Temple),

"There is nothing in Judaism about this. This is fundamentalism; it is a desecration of this place," she said at a recent Hanukah candle-lighting ceremony satged by the women and their supporters in the kotel square, behind the segregated praying areas.

but apparently it's "too much" for the orthodoxy and old-timers!

The offense can carry a maximum sentence of six months jail and a fine of about $3,000 (£1,880).
Shmuel Rabinovich, the rabbi of the western wall, called the women's behaviour "an unbearable provocation".

If you know the Bible, you know that Hannah,(Samuel's Mom) went to the Temple at Shiloh and prayed and no one arrested or yelled at her! Hannah's Prayer
Is this just much ado about nothing?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ignorance and stupidity at its finest. How can anyone no realize the idiocy of countries ran by religion.

Thanks to the masons who founded this this nation we have more and more lived in a free society. Well that is untill the religious people said they would rather destroy the whole earth than live without their fairy tales. Now we have to figure out a way to prevent them from commiting a murder suicide for jesus. Shackles for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Murder/suicide for Jesus?
That's a JOKE! NOT ONE Christian I know wants Armageddon for Jesus to take over the Earth, contrary to anti-christian blogs you've read.
Most of us want peace, a clean environment and a chance to help the poor.
and LIFE.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

I talking about a world were the veiws of fundamentalists are slowly shattered and the world they see created before them is nothing like they want.

They will choose death.... conciously or subconciously. Its us or them.... they will tell you to pick up a weapon and protect your family values and the teachings of the bible. They will tell you to make bombs and take prisoners.

We are no different than the muslims..... we only have better living conditions. When times get rough they will devolve to the knuckle draggers they always were.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

No WAY that mainline Christians (Protestant- mind you) are going to listen to some idiot tell them to kill others in a 'holy' war!!!!
Where did you hear this?
You fail to show me where the book of Revelations advocates this.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Then who will you support? the rebellion force or the imperial army? Are you going to support those who are fundamentalist in resisting the NWO? When their children are taken away because of ignorant bad parenting who will you support?

Your missing the whole place at which this cookie crumbles. How many "good christians" are gonna just let themselves be forced to live with homosexuals when the very book they see as gods word tell you to stone them?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

On topic.

I know it is unlawful in the Mosaic Law code for a woman to approach a sacred place only ordained for a priest or spiritual leader. I'm affraid the wailing wall is not that place. As someone mentioned earlier the Romans sacked the place a long time ago. The Temple is gone. The Big Cheese doesn't need it anymore.

It's too bad those Orthodox Jews are so mean. I've seen them on Youtube and they are a nasty bunch. You would think they would respect their own Jewish women and treat them like princesses. It's so sad to see a civilization that was once so memorialized turn to this behavor. They were God's chosen people for God's sake.

new topics

top topics

join