It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity to control the masses?! [rant]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
God either 1: wanted the baby to be born dead, 2: wanted the baby to be born alive and failed in the attempt or 3: didn't care either way. Which is it?

If God is so concerned about free will he won't mind me not going to Hell when I die will he because I don't want to? Surely he wouldn't want to violate my free will right?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

if you do not pray He can not help you even though He wants to.

hmm , im sure lots of people have prayed for things and not got any help from god , maybe he was busy doing other more important things

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's a matter of rights and laws.
God can not violate his own laws, break into your life and start doing miracles, just like demons and Satan can not violate these laws, breaking into peoples lives to do harm.
The spiritual world has a very strict system of laws, just like our universe.

As for people praying and not receiving help.
A prayer can not be powerfull enough for quite some reasons.
1. Unconfessed sins always block the way to God, thinking about what mistakes you've made lately and telling God that you did something wrong is quite important before asking God anything.
2. Don't be too general in your prayers. If you want to buy a car you don't tell the dealer "I want a car" either, you specify what color, a brand, additional options, etc.
3. Realize that what you are asking, can not be given to you based on what you deserve, but based on what Jesus did for you. Without Jesus, the road from humans to God would still be closed, this is why a lot of prayers end with. "and we ask this in the name of Jesus Christ"
4. Pray out loud. It will be easyer to have a clear prayer when you say it out loud, and besides God, the rest of the unseen world will hear your prayer as well.
5. Expect God to help you in His own way, not in your way. Your point of view is pretty narrow compared to Gods point of view and He knows what's best for you. (atheists, quote away)
6. Don't pray for yourself only, pray for others and let others pray for you, that's the most powerfull way of praying.

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Jakko]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
Control the masses? ?????

Well Christianity is the greatest teaching on earth, but you will be hard pressed to find a genuine Christian, especially today.

Lets see....the message of Jesus to control the masses, what did Jesus teach?

1) Love others as you love yourself, love your neighbour
2) Love God and follow his commandments
3) Love, forgive and pray for those who persecute you
4) It is no great thing to love those who love you. you have to love those who HATE you.
5)Flee from all evil.

So how can this be used to control the masses? If people did this there would be NO war or hatred! The above is the basic idea of Jesus Christ. Maybe RELIGION has been used, by false churchs and false prophets, but you cant get away from the teachings of Jesus Christ, the Gospel is a tesimony to it.

Exactly!!! Jesus NEVER taught to control anything! He tought of love and kindness to ALL.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join