It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventor spends Christmas with his perfect woman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well, we communicate to each other on a message board. Some people might call that a little unhealthy. Hell, a lot of people treat internet people as if they're just figments of their imagination. Wherever this dude wants to slam his junk is his business and his own only.

I just hope he cleans it well when he finishes with it. I guess he could have saved himself a lot of money if he had just dated a woman with polio, though. The conversation would be better.

Edit: In response to leira7.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Damn, thats pretty cool. Its good to see robotics progressing the way it is, given some time and development this could become quite common.

[edit on 25/12/09 by Yazman]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Pretty funny when she tries to smack the guy for grabbing her breasts...

But it won't be so funny when the 3.0 Model bats a guy right through the window of a 47 story Japanese office building.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Aiko, whose age is 'in her early 20's', is 5ft tall and has a perfect 32, 23, 33 figure.

Women of other size & figure can be perfect, and are real at least.

She has real silicone skin and a real-hair wig made by a Japanese doll company. Her touch sensitive body knows the difference between being stroked gently or tickled.

Or f*cked?

'Like a real female she will react to being touched in certain ways,'said Le.

Oh really!

'If you grab or squeeze too hard she will try to slap you. She has all senses except for smell.

Haha!!! Has he programmed in the multiple orgasms as well!

'But Aiko is always helpful and never complains. She is the perfect woman to have around at Christmas.'

Apart from the fact it's not a real woman.

Obviously he's never had a real woman before, as not all women complain. Well... not all of the time anyway.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
[...]
This android may have holes and rubbery flesh lumps, but it does not make her a woman. It is a machine, NOT a person. I think there must be some kind of mental disconnect with this guy if he feels completely normal talking to a pile of metal and silicone. What a wack job this man must be.

Perfect Woman?
That is an Insult! I have never been more disgusted by a human being!

[edit on 25-12-2009 by leira7]

It is stuff like this that makes us want these robots. Yes, you will be missing out on human woman qualities no doubt, but you will also be skipping all the emotional baggage and negative qualities too.

It's funny how people want to label him as a "really lonely guy" or "crazy". What right do you have to judge this guy? Do you know what he has been through, the people he has met, the relationships he has had? Do you know his wants and desires? If you read the article, you would see that it is not about sex, it is about companionship. It might seem "immoral" and "sad" to you, but he is entitled to have this robot if he chooses.

[edit on 25/12/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

it is about companionship

What about the unpredicatability and randomness of real relationships and real people. It's no fun knowing how your companion will respond all of the time, and it's not particularly healthy either. In fact it will probably reduce his chances of real companionship if he expects a real woman to behave how he expects her to behave, as if he were able to programme one.

The result of this is like finding love in any other inanimate or non-living object, and can only be a short-term form of happiness because human beings generally need each other and need to interact with each other - it's how we've evolved as a species to make us tick and become happy people.

If he wasn't the type that needed other people and could be happy on his own, which a minority of people are able to do, then he probably wouldn't have tried to build a replica woman.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirPaulMuaddib

If you grab or squeeze too hard she will try to slap you. She has all senses except for smell.

Well, that does sound like a real woman. I hope she can take a bath after he is finished trying to give her robot children. Whatever, it's just easier to say this guy is a major nerd who can't get real women.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This technology is still somewhat crude, but if you apply some vision you can see where this is headed, eventually AI will become more sophisticated and a barren woman and a robot woman will have much in common.

Of course the robots won't bear children but otherwise future generations might be surprised by how realistic the robots become.

Check out the movie Cherry 2000 to get some idea of what the future might hold regarding these robots.

The idea of Cherry 2000's life like human android companion aren't all that dissimilar to the specialty lifelike dolls that are sold today. Like David Andrews' character in the film is lonely and some people do purchase these figures to keep them company or for other purposes. This is furthered explored in the 2003 film Love Object (2003) starring Desmond Harrington and Melissa Sagemiller, where Harrington's character has a similar interest, as well as the film Lars and the Real Girl (2007) where 'Ryan Gosling' orders a lifelike doll and treats it like a regular person

Here's a trailer from the "Cherry 2000" movie:

Apparently the guy had a hard time deciding between the robot blonde and the human redhead.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
Whatever, it's just easier to say this guy is a major nerd who can't get real women.

You have never heard of a word called fetishes. Of course there will be plenty of males who do not the real thing, lol, and will take the robot, lol.

This is why they hold this back.

But on making babies, do you not think technology is available today behind the scenes to have babies without females?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

'But Aiko is always helpful and never complains. She is the perfect woman to have around at Christmas.'

I just wonder how this robot woman is helpful. I have a real flesh and blood Japanese wife. She is very helpful. She constantly cooks, cleans, does my laundry and takes care of the kids. I really could not figure out how the robot Aiko is helpful by reading about her or watching the vids. I must admit that my wife is a non-stop barrage of complaints, but I think the trade off is well worth it. Personally, I could not get by with this fembot model. I'll check back in 10-20 years. Maybe then Aiko can make me a mean bowl of miso.

I started a thread several months back about a robot teacher. Most of the links in my thread are dead now, but here is a link to a blog about Saya, the robot teacher:

Saya the robot teacher

At least Saya has real functionality and can be useful. I can't understand how Aiko is any different than those life like Japanese love dolls. Other than Aiko can slap you for copping a feel.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The "Perfect Woman" is a housecleaning robot.

The utter misogyny of this seems to have escaped everyone.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

You said it. If Aiko would clean and cook that would make her much more useful IMO. I can't see anything that this model can do that warrants too much hype. It is interesting to see the evolution of robots, but this is at the bottom of functionality. You don't need a robot to slap you for grabbing a handful. Almost any random woman on the train would prove useful for that.

<< 1   >>

join