It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decades of future science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
December 22, 2009

Cloud science? Solar-power primacy? Affordable clean-energy cars? Space colonies? Super-centenarians galore? These are some of the visions put forward for the next 50 years in science and technology.

The past 50 years have set a precedent of sorts for the next half-century: Back in 1960, folks may have assumed their children would be riding rockets to other planets, finding signs of alien life and interacting with intelligent machines - all of which are featured in Arthur C. Clarke's "2010: Odyssey Two" as well as the film based on the book.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf0694704cda.jpg[/atsimg]
An artist's conception created for NASA in the 1970s shows a double-barreled space
colony in action. Today's visions of the future are different, but just as grandiose.

cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

Onevoice, Frederick, Md.: Things to look for in the next 10 years:
1. Real evidence of global warming will be realized. It will be worse than the deniers believe but also not as bad as the doomsayers claim.
2. Middle East countries will still be rattling their sabers. Only now, Iran will become a nuclear power.
3. For all their effort, CERN will still not find a Higgs boson.
4. Commercial suborbital and orbital spaceflight will become a viable business.
5. Gas prices will go up. Battery prices will drop and we'll all be driving plug-in hybrids.
6. Astronomers and physicists will come together to realize that there is more matter and energy in the universe than previously realized and significantly revise their estimates about dark matter and dark energy.
7. The first example of a true artificially intelligent computer program will be created ("Open the door, HAL").
8. Commercial and residential solar power costs around the world will drop low enough that it will disrupt the economies of several oil-producing nations.
9. The first Earth-sized, Goldilocks Zone, extrasolar planet will be discovered.
10. Life will be found, active or dormant, underground on Mars.
Two suggestions for the next 50 years: First permanent human colony off Earth and first discovery of an extrasolar world that shows signs of organic processes.

Kevat Shah: Many new ideas and inventions will come to be in the next few years:
1. Automated flying cars.
2. Domestic and military humanoid robots.
3. Cure for cancer and AIDS.
4. "Space Jam" - an amusement park in space or on the moon.
5. Mining colonies on moon (run by the aforementioned humanoid robots)
6. Medical nanobots - ones you can put into your body and then control them/see through them.
7. Immortality - through perfection of human cloning and organ transplantation.
8. Bio-implant chips, allowing us to have telepathy-like abilities. These chips may also directly connect your brain to the Internet and act as a computer.
9. Virtual reality - Glasses which show you a world that isn't there
10. The Theory of Everything

Some of the past predictons that didn't come about and future technologies that just may come about in the decades to come, after all we are traveling at the speed of light these days.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Aquarius1]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
6. Medical nanobots - ones you can put into your body and then control them/see through them.
8. Bio-implant chips, allowing us to have telepathy-like abilities. These chips may also directly connect your brain to the Internet and act as a computer.

Those technologies are has already used today In places Like area 51

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon

Show indisputable proof or accept that you're wrong and are a sheep to what you hear on ATS and see on television.

Anyway, all the 10 technologies the OP has posted are basically the same "Things we will see in the coming decade" for a few decades now. The "cure for cancer/aids" has been on that list since probably the 70s, which is good to see it there as i feel it's a sense of optimism, and obviously I want them to find cures for both, but it's just nothing new to me.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

I am in full agreement with you, to be clear I guess I should have said in the coming decades the general public will know about them, there is more then UFO Disclosure to come.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989

Originally posted by masonicon

Show indisputable proof or accept that you're wrong and are a sheep to what you hear on ATS and see on television.

Anyway, all the 10 technologies the OP has posted are basically the same "Things we will see in the coming decade" for a few decades now. The "cure for cancer/aids" has been on that list since probably the 70s, which is good to see it there as i feel it's a sense of optimism, and obviously I want them to find cures for both, but it's just nothing new to me.

The best and the Perfect cure for Cancer and AIDS is Alternative Medicine and Herbal Medicine, plus Nanobots are more Likely Used as tool for turning people into zombie Sheep Slaves, also technological Immortality(mostly Cybernetic Immortality) can Costs people their Souls.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

But you're under the assumption that souls exist. I believe they do not.

new topics

top topics

join