It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are losing our Freedoms and Obama is the cause

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Many people seem to believe they are losing their freedom, I can understand the sentiment but I am not sure it is consistent with reality.

What they have lost is the appearance of being in control, they feel left out and hate the fact that a Black Man is in the White House.

Health care for all bothers them but bombing children is O.K because of 9/11 even though they don't know and don't want to know anything about what really happened on that day.
They don't want the crimes of their daddy GWB to be made public.

They don't want to bail out G.M but they love giving cash to the munitions industry and watching people get blown up on Fox.

Illegals are no good unless of course they are slaving away at a bussiness owned by a "Tea Party" member.
I know they think the bill in AZ is a chance to strap guns on to their hips and roam Arizona killing anyone they deem to be "illegal".

They loved the Patriot act under Bush but hate it under Obama.
They loved the Wars under Bush but claim to hate them under Obama even though they are demanding Obama to kill every man woman and child in Iran.

I supported Ron Paul during the primaries and I can tell with out any doubt that the "Tea Party" (known as the G.O.P then) were and continue to be the biggest enemies of freedom ever.

If I could sum them up in one word it would be "hypocrites"

They spit on us, called us names, called the Police and lied on us, the list goes on and on.

Now they want to save America and be friends, what a load of BULL!

You cant leave a bunch of hypocrite warmonger chickenhawks or their supporters in charge of a nation, we have seen what 8 years of that can do.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think the one aspect that is being eroded is the freedom of speech and the ability for the people to address their government for grievences. Never before has there ever been a time when the federal government has shut down a park and prohibited the press from reporting, and based off of what has gone on, people who are speaking out against government policy are attacked and demonized in an attempt to shut them up. That I think is the far greater erosion of the rights of the citizens than anything else. It is not you can't but it is a nudge in that direction.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

This is not Obama's doing. Our freedoms have been eroding for the past 25 years, if not more.

Money = freedom in our society and the day they implemented the income tax they took the first step to limit our freedom.

Obama is simply implementing policys that he believes are correct, Health Care, Financial Reform, Immigration, Cap/Trade, It is the congress that writes the laws. They could easily be written in such a manner to deliver most of the benefits absent a reduction in freedom.

The President is more of a thematic leader, not someone who is going to get into the actual details. The real issue is who is writting these laws (congressional staffers) and who implements these laws (faceless government functionarys)

George eroded our freedoms in a greater, more significant way by tying national security to personal privacy and hence freedom.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
I think the one aspect that is being eroded is the freedom of speech and the ability for the people to address their government for grievences. Never before has there ever been a time when the federal government has shut down a park and prohibited the press from reporting, and based off of what has gone on, people who are speaking out against government policy are attacked and demonized in an attempt to shut them up. That I think is the far greater erosion of the rights of the citizens than anything else. It is not you can't but it is a nudge in that direction.

Might I ask where you were from 2002 to 2008?

Claiming President Obama is responsible for the lack of respect of of our leaders feel for us is like blaming the last guy out of a porta potty for it being full.
We did not empty the porta potty and now its overflowing, people should blame themselves not President Obama.

You neglected to keep them in check for years and they grew to despise you for your apathy.

Its to to reap what we sowed.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Well he did re-sign the patriot act. And I believe this is a huge step in the anti-freedom direction.

And yes he did not write it and yes Bush is a terrible anti-freedom loving president but why would he sign it if he did not also want the power.

We need to see the truth Obama=Bush they both are anti-freedom. I believe they are just the stage show for the people that truly run the play that we call America.

Also how does the OP explain the FCC director and his comments about freedom of the media. We need to see the facts and stop looking at the men feeding them to us.

The only thing that makes this a left vs. right issue is our own stupidity. TPTB want the same thing but they give us little things to argue over and the sheep eat it up day in and day out. We are pathetic in this country. We should all be ashamed.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
JR -

I agree 100% and believe our nation is going through a change (no pun ment) in it's direction by electing someone other than Bush. It seems that the last election was nothing more than an effort to rid ourselves of the war mongers and little else. McCain was in the minds of many only a repeat of the Bush clan and voters just wanted someone else in office. I believe they are learning that their decision was not quite the one they were promised it would be. However, I believe or perhaps its my optimistic bone rattling that we will in the next election, choose the type of leader that we really want in office. I hope so anyway. Our country is now being led by big spenders whose agendas are for personal gain and towing the line of their supporters in the business & lobbyists section. I know some will dispute that by citing comments and fines imposed on certain businesses by Obama however, those comments & fines are for the benefit of a public show and little else. Business can endure these fines while the average citizen continues to struggle and watch their lives be destroyed by greed and business as usual on the beltway.

It feels like our nation has no leader at this point. The Vice President is useless and the most least influencial VP in many years. The trust factor simply is not there within this administration and many are simply holding their breath until its over. I pray that we do not have to endure any type of incident or event in ich would demand some type of response from this adminstration due to the circus like atmosphere along with the loose manner in which they seems to operate despite what others comment on in terms of being in charge. By all accounts there is no one in charge and the ship is floating in a sea of uncertainity while treading in dangerous waters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join