It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London ATS Member Core...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I hear you and feel what your saying.

Perhaps we could look into this further and keep both options of a) investing in some old walkie talkie style radios and b) looking into how to build your own communication device.

I think this should be the first article of a future agenda.

Spirit.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit777child

i concur. its important people communicate within stable networks in times as uncertain as these. Especially when its soo damn easy at the moment, just think how what you type on this site is being broadcasted potentialy accross the entire globe. and if that is for some reason no longer viable as a means of communication entire online communities such as ats could be wiped out by the flick of a switch. putting an abrupt end to what could have been a great catylist if utilised properly and effectively so that comminities stay strong and dont simply get erased from the face of human history.

great stuff. how we communicate, and therefore how we are connecected as a group is of massive importance if for whatever reason our currect medium of communication ends.

star and flag the OP people!!

[edit on 25-12-2009 by DizzyDayDream]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Time to sleep and rest the grey cells.

hope to see some more activity by tomorrow.

nite brothers and sisters

Spirit.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
not sure i completly understand wot you want, even after reading over the thread...

but be asured if the # does hit the fan i have military expiriance as a (reg) infantry soilder R.A.R. so you buy the weapon systems and i`ll show you how to use them

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
B.T.W

if so you say the # hits the fan i asume your talking about 2012?

I VERY MUCH DOUBT WALKIE TALKIES WILL HELP LOL.

good coms is essential in any battlefeild, first in last out, but i think there be completly usless in such a senario. if your planing on survivng it your going to need alot more than that, and alot of money to get stocked up.

im not to clued up on wot is "suppost to be happening" and i havent seen the dvd yet either, best you can do is survive it and buy lots of rounds and make them count, as i said ive no idea wots going to happen so its near impossible to plan for.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well, ability to build a basic radio transmitter is just a general useful ability in all circumstances . It depends on the degree of the # that hits the fan . If it's fallout 3 style , it's a necessity. If it's just general mayhem and anarchy , loss of civil order , fall of government etc , maybe thieving techniques are better suited . ie stealing VHF/UHF transceivers from the sort of agencies that would possess them.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
Well, ability to build a basic radio transmitter is just a general useful ability in all circumstances . It depends on the degree of the # that hits the fan . If it's fallout 3 style , it's a necessity. If it's just general mayhem and anarchy , loss of civil order , fall of government etc , maybe thieving techniques are better suited . ie stealing VHF/UHF transceivers from the sort of agencies that would possess them.

id imagine 2012 senario would atleast knock out all satalites and forms of coms apart from a good old fashioned runner/messenger, we would pretty much be back in the dark ages of 1066.

there for id more than likely deploy a survival of the fittest senario to that and we would see many towns, city, villages, "WOTS LEFT OF THEM" becomeing more independent clans and would see tribal battle taking place all over the world for resourse's & food, fighting just out of fear of being attacked themselfs

mix the dark ages with broken now days tech some maybe working still but thats pretty much the image im getting,

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I am 60 miles or so south of London, and i have been thinking on these lines for some time now, the only problem is not knowing who can and cannot be trusted, and how a network on the south coast would or even could work. I have a lot of friends and family in London though, but getting through to them has been a headache and i see that as being a main obstacle I also think its a bit dodgy giving info on the net, so not sure. sounds like a good idea though.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Very interesting idea, and one I'd like to be included in.

I'm not in Greater London - I'm just outside the M25, but frequent W London a hell of a lot.

Ham Radio may be the way forward for comms. Think (bastardised) RAYNET (look it up!)

I think I have some skills that would be very useful. Medics and those with CBRN experience may well be of use...

We need to work out how to do this sensibly without drawing too much fire, and keeping our lines of communication safe.

I don't have too much experience re: the last two points, so I'll defer to those that do.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Very interesting idea, and one I'd like to be included in.

I'm not in Greater London - I'm just outside the M25, but frequent W London a hell of a lot.

Ham Radio may be the way forward for comms. Think (bastardised) RAYNET (look it up!)

I think I have some skills that would be very useful. Medics and those with CBRN experience may well be of use...

We need to work out how to do this sensibly without drawing too much fire, and keeping our lines of communication safe.

I don't have too much experience re: the last two points, so I'll defer to those that do.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The key is to move from the cities into the country side as quickly as possible. Any core needs a meet up point, outside from a former heavily populated city.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Many thanks for all your ideas and opinions, it shows that people want to be pro-active in coming together and that is always a good idea.

First and foremost i wish to emphasise the two most important aspects of these cores.

Family and Love.

I think these will be the most important aspects we will rely upon in our greatest time of need.

To the ATS Members that have put forth their medical, medicinal and military experience i thank you and this has been noted.

Whilst on this topic i feel it is important to clear up a point.

For me patience is our greatest ally in all things.

Getting gung ho about matters will only put the system on defence and we are not about promoting that in these cores rather these cores are to establish a way of life seperate from the system. The system will come down eventually as the pressure signs and cracks are obvious all around us.

We should start thinking about how we want to live our lives outside of this system and for me any form of weapon, retaliation, uprising or revoloution will only sow the seeds of another system.

Now a couple of you mentioned members information being monitored and one of you spoke of trust and how will we know who to trust.

We are always being monitored and short of meeting deep underground with minimal exchange of information prior there is no gaurentee that we will not be surveyed. This is not a worry to me. Being monitored is harmless if your intentions are benevolent. If you intend for positive, loving and good things to be at the forefront of your mind then the system will have no need to fear you and thus retaliate.

Regarding the trust of members. Let me explain my principles and morals of trust to you.

I feel there are two types of trust in the world one which people have to earn from other people and one in which people give openly and freely from the outset.

The type of trust i have for you all is open and transparent. You do not neet to earn my trust. It is already given. Ultimatly i do not fear you so i have nothing to defend and so my trust is already given.

If someone joins this core and has bad intentions they will certainly come unstuck because my approach to these cores has no room for those with bad intentions.

The will be found out and every effort will be made to show them the light, the way forward through universal love for one another.

When any point is discussed there is always a universal silver lining we just have to be patient in disovering it. There is always something that benefits both parties in every situation it is about finding that universal middle ground and being loving enough to accept and move forward.

If people think anhialistically or destructivly in these cores they will only be destroying their hope, their chance of something pure, loving and kind.

And this when laid our as hard facts is undeniabally illogical.

I hope this explains just a small amount of potential of these cores.

In the coming weeks i will be setting up a group email account so we can come together and discusssed some of the very interesting issues or obsticles directly infront of us.

And a few more of my more immediate ideas.

Spirit.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Sorry to ruin anyones parade but isn't this thread taking it a little bit too far?

Now believe me I'm not here to put anyones ideas or thoughts down but saying we will need walkie talkies for when the time comes? Creating a resistance?

Isn't this mass paranoia or a form of escapism?

How many times in the past has there been a significant date where people have said the world is going to end etc.

Just a skeptics viewpoint on it all. Any information would be appreciated.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk
Sorry to ruin anyones parade but isn't this thread taking it a little bit too far?

Now believe me I'm not here to put anyones ideas or thoughts down but saying we will need walkie talkies for when the time comes? Creating a resistance?

Isn't this mass paranoia or a form of escapism?

How many times in the past has there been a significant date where people have said the world is going to end etc.

Just a skeptics viewpoint on it all. Any information would be appreciated.

Not at all and thanks for your points of consideration.

Regarding the walkie talkies it is just one potential of how we could communicate if telecommunication systems went down and not to think this could be a potential eventuality would be iggnorant at best. More than anything it is a subject matter which has arisen and these are the things worth considering and talking about.

All the members that come together on this thread form a collective consciousness or the consciousness of the core.

Why should we not respect that group consciousness and the subject matters which arise from it.

Thats is all that is going on. No Parranoia or escapism.

Sometimes it is easy to make assumptions on the things we read but keeping things in persepective is important. There really is no form of extreamism here. We are primarliy about balance.

Sure many people in the past have said things. The difference today is between what is said and what is seen.

If we consciously look around us it would be a lie to say something is not manifesting. What that is we dont know yet but coming together to understand these changes and preparing together for once they pass isnt such a bad thing i dont feel. At worst it will serve in bringing people together at best a new way forward.

spirit

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit777child

While I trust the intent of this thread is good, it's content is a direct violation of our Terms and Conditions.

Canvasing the membership of ATS for "profile data" is absolutely forbidden. Our membership's privacy is sacrosanct and we seek to protect it at all times.

Like I said, I'm sure "spirit777child" is not trying to phish IP addresses on a new server or upload trojans to gain access to other member's computers but we can't allow this sort of thing because not everyone is as honest as "spirit777child".

If you want to discuss these issues start a new thread without any requests for personal or profile data.

Thread Closed.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join