It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attempts to Set Off Explosives on Plane

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

At least try to respect other people's opinions instead of dismissing them.

Please explain to us how you seem to think you know so much more about this than anybody else?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

It's very common for people to compare Islam to Christianity but the fact is... it's quite different. Most importantly Islam is not plural, they do not accept other religions as equal or even legal.
If you don't know anything about Islam it's probably a good thing to study it for about 10 years before you make statements that aren't true.
No one can speak for muslims or Islam unless they have the knowledge of Islam from practice or academia. Sorry.
And the result of fundamentalism isn't people running around all over blowing stuff up although that happens all over the world daily in case you hadn't noticed.

Please. Now is the time to become educated rather than spewing off opinions and mis-understandings based on... nothing... then you will be able to understand more clearly what is actually happening.

Many Islamic countries have sizable populations of Christians and Jews,who live happily amonst the locals-Iran for one.

Anyway how would you like me to become "educated"?

Fox news maybe?

I think I will stick to the knowledge I have gained from living in three seperate Islamic countries during my life,rather than buy your "all muslims are al qaeda" diatribe.
Good luck spreading that message...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Like I've said many times, most terrorists are engineers and doctors.

Now would be the time to learn the facts about Islamic terrorism instead of thinking this is some kind of entertainment stunt.

It makes sense for them to attempt to infiltrate these kinds of jobs.
I was more interested as to the fact this guys apartment was a £3 million pad.

AQ are obviously not short of a few bucks if this is where they house their operatives.
I would have thought a cheaper flat may have sevrved as a more appropriate "safe house," but then I am not a terror planner.

They haven't really infiltrated these jobs. Most schools in the Middle East offer degrees in engineering. It's like state schools in the US. But the point is that terrorists are educated and not poor street thugs. They know what they are doing.

But I can see what you also mean, if they have degrees in engineering it opens doors and yes, there are people iniltrated in the US government, our resources like power plants, our infrastructure like city planning and transportation, and the general public, they are spread out in a pattern that allows spots to grow in all directions.

Yes, safe houses are common. Usually doctors involved in these plans will house the dumbazzes like the guy on the plane until the word is given for him to go into action. The resident becomes unassuming and fits in. So essentially it is a safehouse.

Another form of safehouse is like the one Kalid Sheik Mohammed was in when in Pakistan. The ISI (government security service of Pakistan) protected him and sheltered him from extradition to the US. We finally got him but we had to battle the Pakistan government because they didn't cooperate. In Islam it's illegal to turn in a comrade... so they aren't really our ally when it comes down to it. Dangerous because they have 100 nukes that they would trust in the hands of AQ before us.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Many Islamic countries have sizable populations of Christians and Jews,who live happily amonst the locals-Iran for one.

Not true. Sorry.
Maybe you heard the recent news that the Coptic Christians are being killed in astounding numbers in these (peaceful) Islamic countries. And their daughters are being sold as wives at age 12 and encouraged to be raped?
This is not one big happy peaceful world. And your math might need to be checked on what you consider sizable. But like alot of guys... size is exagerated. ;-)

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Islam does not accept other religions?
Hmm

2.62:
Lo! Those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

But again, you are debating with someone who has read the Qu'ran and not listened to the views of Stormfront or any other Aryan website

[edit on 26-12-2009 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Islam does not accept other religions?
Hmm

2.62:
Lo! Those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

But again, you are debating with someone who has read the Qu'ran and not listened to the views of Stormfront or any other Aryan website

[edit on 26-12-2009 by infinite]

Do you understand the part of that verse that says that as long as everyone believes in Allah then they are accepted. Do you understand the penalty for an apostate?
And yes I have read the Koran in the original Arabic, which is it only meant to be read in. I refrain from quoting verses but there are many that tell how to kill Jews and Christians (pigs and dogs) and other Sharia Law elements.

I am not debating with anyone. My position is educational and not about opinions.
Have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
...if not for our presence in the middle east, there is a solid chance this incident would have never occurred.

Probably not, however what's done is done.

Do you think pulling the U.S. troops out of the M.E. that they'd stop their attacks on the U.S. and the rest of the Western world?

We've already been on their soil, we can't go back in time and undo what we've done. Enemies have been made and cutting down on the preventive measures we have now, even if we pull out U.S. soldiers, will still result in many innocent lives lost. The "terrorists" will still be trying to kill Americans and any other westerner who's participated in attacks on the M.E.

There's basically nothing we can do now to change how the M.E. views the United States and Europe.

We are "Devils" and Jihad will be waged upon the West until either A.) They win or B.) We win.

I don't see a peaceful resolution. Sad but true.

FK

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Back to the topic.
AQ has increased operations in Nigeria and Somalia in the past year. Moving from the battlefield in Iraq and Afghanistan since the Taliban (mujahadine) work alone and don't want the black African muslims in their territory.
There will be an increase in black muslims (Malvo) pulling off homegrown events. There will also be an increase in women being an important part of cells.

This particular Nigerian had connections in Dearborn Michigan. Where many other muslims have left to go fight on the battlefields in Somalia.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Nigerian reportedly linked to al-Qaida in custody after foiled terror attack on transatlantic flight to Detroit

how can they link him to Al quada?

In the news in Denmark:
USA has asked Denmark to increase airport security

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Do you understand the part of that verse that says that as long as everyone believes in Allah then they are accepted. Do you understand the penalty for an apostate?
And yes I have read the Koran in the original Arabic, which is it only meant to be read in. I refrain from quoting verses but there are many that tell how to kill Jews and Christians (pigs and dogs) and other Sharia Law elements.

I am not debating with anyone. My position is educational and not about opinions.
Have a nice day.

You will have a hard time convincing people that all of Islam is evil and wants to kill all non believers by using any quotes from the koran-by that reckoning all Christians and Jews are just as murderous and blood thirsty.

Just because it says something in some book does not mean that all who follow that book wish to carry out all that is desribed therein.

Those who seek to drive a wedge between people because of their faith are in fact responsible for actually creating division,where there does not need to be any.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't buy it! yes it happened a firecracker or whatever so it was not supposed to blow the plane to kingdom come especially as it had landed.

i say false flag to keep us oh so scared of the nasty terrorist still on the prowl,
no doubt he will disappear back to his country with some slight of hand now he has done his little exorcise in keeping us scared and racist. just my two cents ( no! my 2 pence i'm English)

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Originally posted by drwizardphd
...if not for our presence in the middle east, there is a solid chance this incident would have never occurred.

Probably not, however what's done is done.

Do you think pulling the U.S. troops out of the M.E. that they'd stop their attacks on the U.S. and the rest of the Western world?

We've already been on their soil, we can't go back in time and undo what we've done. Enemies have been made and cutting down on the preventive measures we have now, even if we pull out U.S. soldiers, will still result in many innocent lives lost. The "terrorists" will still be trying to kill Americans and any other westerner who's participated in attacks on the M.E.

There's basically nothing we can do now to change how the M.E. views the United States and Europe.

We are "Devils" and Jihad will be waged upon the West until either A.) They win or B.) We win.

I don't see a peaceful resolution. Sad but true.

FK

Exactly. Because muslims are killing Hindus and Thais and people all over Africa... and they aren't in the Middle East.
Confusion is that fard ayn, the US being in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the Koranic law to conquer is interchanged inappropriately and misunderstood.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I'm not trying to convince anyone that all Islam is evil.
In educating about Islam you will find that Sharia Law and other Islamic principle is about conquest. If you add incidents of Isalmic terrorism you will find that their goals are being completed. This isn't my concept or idea. Look for yourself.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
I don't buy it! yes it happened a firecracker or whatever so it was not supposed to blow the plane to kingdom come especially as it had landed.

i say false flag to keep us oh so scared of the nasty terrorist still on the prowl,
no doubt he will disappear back to his country with some slight of hand now he has done his little exorcise in keeping us scared and racist. just my two cents ( no! my 2 pence i'm English)

I don't think that anyone was trying to sell you anything. This was an independent incident that didn't involve anyone but a few people. There are other incidents of course.

Does the government or anyone really have the time and money and desire to control the public and make them fearful? What benefits does that have? Does the government meet and decide that they will make an effort to do certain things for public reaction exclusively? Really?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
If you want to start war, spread fear and hatred against the enemy of desire. I'm getting more and more bored about all these stupid "shoe bomber" incidents. Just another Gleiwitz radio raid, or Reichstag fire, and another surprising Pearl Harbour.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by qwertz
If you want to start war, spread fear and hatred against the enemy of desire. I'm getting more and more bored about all these stupid "shoe bomber" incidents. Just another Gleiwitz radio raid, or Reichstag fire, and another surprising Pearl Harbour.

What does this mean? Who are you suggesting is spreading fear and hatred?
I like how you link Pearl Harbor, can you explain more?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
We have 8 pages about this so far here on ATS, so all the media outlets must be pushing the story. It made the headlines in my local newspaper as well.

The story is barely newsworthy without all the flashlight activity.

Here on ATS and the internet its easy to record response. You can quickly scan the posts and see how many focus on technical issues, how many focus on demographic issues, etc. On a site like Google you can do the same thing by varying the story headlines and counting click through interest.

Why my local media is running the story as a headline is still a mystery to me though? Some of you seem to be suggesting that the story is "steering" public opinion somehow? One nut case acting out an emotional fantasy is not meaningful in any way. There isn't even any technical innovation to be of interest in this story.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Bordon81]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The kind of weird thing is why do all these terrorists go for targets that will not even dent anything. If you watch all the movies, terrorists supposedly go for key targets, and not just light powder on planes...

What is going on hey? If these substances were banned, how did he get them onboard?

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Aoxoa]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
A few things.

If it is put in the right place a single M-80 firecracker will bring down an airliner. It isn't hard to determine where to put the firecracker. You can buy maintance manuals for commercial aircraft online. Most of the bad places are accessable from inside the cabin.

In the first 24 hours of any incident, 95% of what the media tells you is bullsh*t. They will report any rumor, conjecture and what any moron may say, just to fill airtime.

I remember watching a survival show and watching a guy start a fire using hand sanatizer and another item. I don't remember what the other item was, but could hand sanatizer be the liquid?

The majority of explosive detectors are designed to detect nitrate based explosives. They are the most common. Some explosives are not nitrate based.

I read a book several years ago about terrorism in Lebanon. One of the security experts made a profound statement. "The terrorists only have to be lucky once. We have to be lucky all of the time."

[edit on 26-12-2009 by JIMC5499]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Before the war on terrorism there was the war on drugs.

Nigerians prior to the war in Afghanistan and it's subsequent flooding of the heroin market were once upon a time the preferred mules in getting Turkish heroin into the country.

They would swallow several baloons full of heroin with a few bowls of thick ochra soup, a Nigerian favorite and staple and board planes for the United States.

Based on the sketchy accounts I contend this man was attempting to smuggle heroin and for some reason ended up evacuating his stash in flight and tried to dispose of it by burning it on the plane so as to not get caught with it by customs.

Heroin will in fact burn as many junkies do smoke it.

Accounts that he was in a daze also bear this out, one of the baloons likely either broke inside him or just the absorbtion of the heroin from handling it with his bare hands as he prepared to burn it probably intoxicated him with it.

Finally the "Pop" that was reported to have been heard was likely one of the baloons full of heroin being popped as he attempted to free the powder to burn it.

I could be wrong, but this has all the hallmark signs of the typical Nigerian heroin smuggler trying to get rid of his contraband in an emergency situation.

Since the war on drugs was the prerunner to the war on heroin and the Feds have this man in custody they can pretty much make any charge they wish to and keep him out of the public court system and in the FISA Secret Courts where we will never know or hear the real evidence.

This poor Nigerian poor as in poor as opposed to just unfortunate might in fact be happy he is looking at a terrorism charge that hurt no one, versus a drug smuggling charge that might net him far more time.

This story as it is being put forth doesn't add up.

In my humble opinion this is a drug smuggler not a terrorist!

[edit on 26/12/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join