Man Attempts to Set Off Explosives on Plane

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

My life was totally ruined on the basis i may do something, i never would of. these terror watch groups are mad beyond words, and they target innocent people and murder there lifes, oh yep for all your safety, yep right.

A man who is a plank of wood tries and fails something and all our rights need to be taken away. There are 7 billion people on earth. Huge amounts of people die over prescription drugs and illegal drugs. Terrorism kills hardly anyone out side some countries.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Hm well I just read on a german website that he tried to detonate it shortly before they landed. He also claimed it was an explosive, and that he was Al-Qaida, so the whole terrorism spin on it is just ridicolus fear mongering, probably to justfy an upcoming event ie Yemen or taking away more of your and my rights.

portal.gmx.net...=1.html

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Maybe he was a random wacko, but he could have taken down an plane full of Americans on Christmas day.

Lots of things could have happened on Christmas day, which did not happen. America is not under threat any more than any other country.

As your very first link was to an article which clearly stated that officials were doubting his story...that security would not instantly be heightened...then the real question is why are you spreading your fear and terror..lol Are you just demonstrating how easily manipulated you can be?

Seems silly to me that you don't even read a report that you have linked to. And no, he was not on a 'no fly' list according to your link.

I am surprised that the 'attack' on the Pope has not been attributed to Al qaeda....not that any such organisation even exists...and that the whole of Italy is therefore in danger lmao.

It is stupidity like this which encourages and allows everyone's freedoms and civil liberties to be stripped from them.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

So it was a powder and liquid??? something that burns??? maybe Sodium and water

source

Nobody else seems to have picked up on the signifigance of your hypothosis.

Sodium + water = Downed airliner.

Airport bomb sniffers do not test for sodium, if I'm not mistaken?

Nor do they pick up the other "chemicals" which need only air and/or water to react thermally.

We might be witnessing the evolution of a new type of "suicide vest".

Consider a jacket or sport coat lined with packets of sodium and magnesium (to increase the intensity of the resultant fire) needing only a bottle of airline supplied water (or water-based beverage) to ignite.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Hmmm well this clip shows a typical sodium/water reaction, a bit scaled up from the ones we all would of done in science class...

That looks like good hand sized lump there and from that I don't think you would have enough explosive force to bring down a pressurised aircraft in that way (and remember that aircraft was just about to land so the pressure difference would not of being as much as at altitude.

Of course powder would have a much larger surface to react with, so maybe... But sodium would not powder at all well on it's own, it's almost metallic clay like - I can't see how you would powder that, what other chemicals could be added?

Also I expect it would not be too hard to retrain the sniffer dogs and/or re configure the sniffing machines for most chemicals should they identify a particular threat...

I hope this was a nt acting alone, but I do have a feeling this could of been a test - I gotta be honest when I heard about it I expected more attempts very soon after, like within hours cos that's the way Al Queda would of done it.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
people when will you understand
YOUR government is YOUR enemy

IF - there were any terrorist
they would attack the main stream media and state gatherings
not the innocent
only governments do these false flag attacks
governments do the rich mens dirty work

wake up people you are being lied to - again and again forever ...

[edit on 26-12-2009 by macssam]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
It amazes me how when a terrorist attempt fails, everyone (me included) look at it like some idiot, wanna-be, nut case was involved. We (me included) seem to forget that they are all idiot, wanna-be nut cases until they succeed. Then as we wade through the body parts to find a loved one...it really sinks in.

I know many of us have forgotten 9/11 (not me this time). Our attention span is measured in commercial breaks and not weeks or years. However, the ones who want to hurt us look at years and decades. They don't care how long it takes and they are content to plan, plan and plan some more.

If we don't take every case of hate-to-the-point-of-murder seriously...they will win.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by macssam
IF - there were any terrorist
they would attack the main stream media and state gatherings
not the innocent
only governments do these false flag attacks
governments do the rich mens dirty work
wake up people you are being lied to - again and again forever ...

Why wouldn't they attack the innocent? Thats what Terrorists do. Al Qaeda done in on 9/11 2001. The IRA done it on 15/6 1996.

Tsom87

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

ahh, a terrorist.

Holy crap...
An ALQAEDA TERRORIST!

QUICK, GIVE THE GOVERNMENT ALL YOUR INFORMATION!

You badly need to be stopped from this, amateur, alqaeda wannabe.

.... When one of your brethren decides its a good idea to take a sub-machine gun to his class mates on a sunny day, is he a terrorist? or a troubled child?

.... When you drop 1000pound bombs on a suburban hideout, and level the block, is that not terrorism? or is that fighting 'for the people' ?

Tell me, if china invaded New York, and you bombed a Chinese car full of military is that terrorism ?

Point is, what the civilised world considers terrorism, differs greatly from psychopathic war hungry Americans.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

And the guy had been studying in London, England probably with a Government grant paid for by the taxpayer... just goes to show you that we have let anyone in here and we also give them free accommodation with benefits... yeh.... come to England for a free life (even if you are on the watch list as a terrorist suspect we will let you live & study here for free)

COME ON OVER..... THE TIME IS RIGHT!!!

One question though: If this guy was on a watch list, why wasn't he being watched?

[edit on 26-12-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Coincidently, the reported "terrorist" was studying in the UK and British anti-terrorist officers get to raid a few apartments. Oh, not forgetting Britain has a special agreement with Oman - training and placement of our troops. Again, coincidently, Oman neighbours Yemen (which this "terrorist" went to)

Do we honestly believe a terrorist training camp in Yemen, with both American and British soliders in Oman and Saudi Arabia, can go unnoticed? Man, our intelligent services must've missed camps in Yemen, but can easily locate them in Pakistan

[edit on 26-12-2009 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
It amazes me how when a terrorist attempt fails, everyone (me included) look at it like some idiot, wanna-be, nut case was involved. We (me included) seem to forget that they are all idiot, wanna-be nut cases until they succeed. Then as we wade through the body parts to find a loved one...it really sinks in.

I know many of us have forgotten 9/11 (not me this time). Our attention span is measured in commercial breaks and not weeks or years. However, the ones who want to hurt us look at years and decades. They don't care how long it takes and they are content to plan, plan and plan some more.

If we don't take every case of hate-to-the-point-of-murder seriously...they will win.

It amazes me too. There have been over 14000 incidents of Islamic terrorism since 911 and we have easily forgotten and written them off.
The phenomena occurs because since we can't comprehend people doing suck acts we think that they are dumb, psycho, wackjobs and turn them into creations of mindcontrol, hate, government zombies, fanatics when all cases that's calling them a victim instead of holding them accountable for their behavior.

The profile of terrorists are very simple, and sticks to the principles of Islam, which most Westerners don't understand.
1. Fard Ayn means that since non-muslims are in dar ul Islam that it is every muslims job to do whatever they can to kill non-muslims anywhere.
2. Taqiyya means that covert trickery, fighting dirty, unethical behavior are legal (sharia) under these terms.
3. dal ul Harb means that since all in Islam are not muslims then muslims must fight.
4. Hibara means that any little thing, cyberterrorism, argument, disruption, car accidents, hate, communicating hate, planning, supporting violence are all encouraged and expected to be carried out by all muslims in dar ul Harb.
5. Sharia Law means that the government, social aspects, culture are all one unit. This is enforced by 57 countries (and growing) and the rules of Islam. That means that if a daughter is considered too Western by her family that she is killed (honor killing). That means that if a woman is accused of adultry she is stoned. If someone steals they have hands amputated (not medical but with an axe).

The profile of a terrorist is an individual who is educated with a degree in engineering or a doctor. (most Westerners think they are poor thugs because that's what most criminals in the West are). Islamic terrorists are devout religious well educated people with a plan. Very simple. We really need to stop thinking these people are wackos because they are not.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Coincidently, the reported "terrorist" was studying in the UK and British anti-terrorist officers get to raid a few apartments. Oh, not forgetting Britain has a special agreement with Oman - training and placement of our troops. Again, coincidently, Oman neighbours Yemen (which this "terrorist" went to)

Do we honestly believe a terrorist training camp in Yemen, with both American and British soliders in Oman and Saudi Arabia, can go unnoticed? Man, our intelligent services must've missed camps in Yemen, but can easily locate them in Pakistan

Again, it is a misconception of the West that all 57 OIC countries are not linked. Dar ul Islam is a place where all muslims reside. They don't go by Western borders defined in Rand McNally maps.
Islam is a place that is the Levant and ruled by the Caliphate.

Most importantly there has been no plan by AQ for any attacks until 2010. There are a few reasons for this. First because they give the enemy 10 years to prepare for battle, 911 was the Awakening and that warning. Secondly, the time allows us to become complacent which gives them the advantage.

This homegrown terrorist, which he seems to be, was either a dry run to make us even more complacent or to check how easily someone can still get through security.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

And the guy had been studying in London, England probably with a Government grant paid for by the taxpayer... just goes to show you that we have let anyone in here and we also give them free accommodation with benefits... yeh.... come to England for a free life (even if you are on the watch list as a terrorist suspect we will let you live & study here for free)

COME ON OVER..... THE TIME IS RIGHT!!!

[edit on 26-12-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

As you see, muslims will take advantage of loopholes. They flew our planes into the WTC. They used our flight school. They sold our cigarettes to fund Hamas. They find loopholes in our court system to use the media for a public audience to preach Islamic hate. The use our welfare systems to live and fit in. Yet they will not assimilate to our laws, instead Islamic Sharia Law is their law and always will be.
These are very frugal and smart people who's intention is to kill non-muslims as dictated by Sharia Law.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

Great post Gideon I completely agree.

OP
"Those who would suggest that the war against terrorism is a waste need only to pay attention to these continued efforts to kill and maim innocents in the name of Islam."

This propaganda piece has done it's job well it would seem. In my opinion that is exactly what they want the public to think....... that the WOT is necessary.

Let's look at a few quotes -

"We believe this was an attempted act of terrorism," White House official told Reuters on condition of anonymity. TERRORISM!!!

"he did appear in a database as far as having a terrorist connection. ... My understanding is ... that he does have Al Qaeda connections, certainly extremist terrorist connections, and his name popped up pretty quickly" in a search of intelligence data bases.

That was from representative Peter King of New York, the senior Republican on the House of Representatives Homeland Security Committee. His 'understanding' is that his name popped up 'pretty quickly'. How was this guy even allowed on the plane then!?! Notice he gets the T word out there a couple of times.

Homeland Security said in a statement that enhanced security measures had been put into effect. "Passengers may notice additional screening measures put into place to ensure the safety of the traveling public on domestic and international flights," the statement said.

Might want to update your TERROR lists perhaps. If he had Al Qaeda connections AND a "fairly sophisticated incendiary device" AND still managed to take his seat then wow.

Then they throw this in for the closing paragraph.....

It also is the latest in a string of TERRORISM-related plots in the United States over the past few months, including one in which an Afghan-born man was arrested in September on charges he planned to set off bombs in the United States.

The 'War on Terror' or as Obama calls it 'The Overseas Contingency Plan' is a farce. Someone mentioned the fake Osama in the 'admission tape'. There is plenty more evidence out there but you must take the blinkers off to see it.

False flag propaganda in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Point is, what the civilised world considers terrorism, differs greatly from psychopathic war hungry Americans.

For an anti-American your English is really good.
I guess you don't realize that the American government is... you.
That's like some weird Michael Jackson song... look in the mirror and really see what the truth is and where your fear lies.

Anti-Americanism usually shows lack of coherant worldview. Many anti-Americans haven't travelled out of the country, are young, have mommy issues, and lack respect for other humans. There is also an element of paranoia because they think someone is watching and controlling their freedom. Interesting illness.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

SO JJay will we see more Terrorist attacks in 2010 in the west than any year before? Is that the plan. When do you expect the next big Attack, is it soon?

Why is it that when there is an attack that it is allways blamed on the government i.e inside job, flaseflag? It's never the terrorist and his religion? I see that alot on here.

Tsom87

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

*sighs* I removed you from my ignore list for good behaviour...

With all due respect, you have extremely warped views. I've read other threads in which you generalise the whole entire Muslim population. The Caliphate has not existed since the Ottoman Empire and only a tiny group of fundamentalists want it restored.

If you foresee the Caliphate coming, or currently exists, then please get an evaluation. You are obviously rather dangerous for society if you are that paranoid.

If we include bombing of abortion clinics and threats to doctors, Christians carry out significantly more terrorist attacks - in the United States - than Islamic fundamentalists. In fact, animal rights and environmentalist conduct the most domestic terrorists incidents in the United States.

Then we have anarchists, who have random spells in major US cities and gang violence too. Again, all accumulate more than Islamic terrorism.

If you were honestly a Islamic terrorist expert, you wouldn't be posting on ATS. You'd be spreading Islamophobia on FOXNews.

*clicks ignore(

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I heard it was firecracker rather than an explosive device, although I suppose firecrackers can be considered explosive.

I wonder how he got them on board anyway, fireceackers arent supposed to be allowed on aircraft

news.ninemsn.com.au...

NoOoOOoO........

second line

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSOM87
It's never the terrorist and his religion? I see that alot on here.

Oh, that's easy. Apparently, according to a minority on ATS, religious terrorism only involves Islam.

The doctor who was shot dead by a Christian extremists, apparently wasn't terrorism. Palestine's, shot and killed, houses burned - isn't Jewish terrorism.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join