It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attempts to Set Off Explosives on Plane

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Times Online

He, (Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab), is the fourth president of a London student Islamic society to face terrorist charges in three years. One is facing a retrial on charges that he was involved in the 2006 liquid bomb plot to blow up airliners. Two others have been convicted of terrorist offences since 2007.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
His screen name was "Farouk1986"
www.gawaher.com... is the website he frequented and posted to.
Not sure if anyone out there can pull up some of his post.

Here you go...
Farouk1986 posts at gawaher.com Islamic Forum.

Do ya think I'll get a Fatwa for posting that?

[edit on 12/30/09 by makeitso]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Seems that website and his post end and followed by UCLU Islamic Society.

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab organised 'War on Terror Week' while studying at UCL

He had previously joined discussions on an internet message board that revealed a confused and alienated personality. Writing in January 2005 under the name Farouk1986, he said: “I feel depressed and lonely. I do not know what to do. And then I think this loneliness leads me to other problems.” He talked of wrestling with liberalism and extremism and striving to live according to the Koran’s teaching.

And he confessed to having “jihad fantasies”, writing: “I imagine how the great jihad will take place, how the Muslims will win (Allah willing) and rule the whole world, and establish the greatest empire once again.” But many more of his posts were about football, suggesting that he was far from being the finished article as a mujahidin.

Within a year of arriving in London Mr Abdulmutallab started to adopt a more formal religious dress code, including a white robe and skullcap.

He is reported to have attended some of the radical meetings held at London colleges and mosques. He is understood to have attended talks given by the extremist US-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki at East London Mosque. Awlaki, who was later banned from Britain and is believed to be in hiding with al-Qaeda in Yemen, where Mr Abdulmutallab spent months.

Malcolm Grant, Provost of UCL, told the BBC: “We are very shocked by what has happened and we will be reflecting on it very carefully but — as presently advised — there was nothing about his conduct which gave his tutors any cause for concern.” Professor Grant said students were admitted to UCL on merit and there could not be vetting of their “political, racial or religious background or beliefs”.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
www.newkerala.com...

Experts slam London University for being 'complicit' in radicalisation of Muslim students

London, Dec. 30 : Terrorism experts have accused the London University of being 'complicit' in the radicalisation of Muslim students, such as Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the Nigerian-bomber who tried to blow up the Detroit-bound flight in Christmas Day.

The Telegraph quoted Anthony Glees, professor of security and intelligence studies at the University of Buckingham, as saying that University College London, where Abdulmutallab was recently president of the Islamic Society, has "failed grotesquely" to prevent radical preachers from giving lectures on campus.

"I believe Abdulmutallab's radicalisation from being a devoted Muslim to a suicide bomber took place in the UK and I believe al-Qaeda recruited him in London. Universities and colleges like UCL have got to realise that you don't get suicide bombers unless they have first been radicalised," Glees said.

Douglas Murray, of the Centre for Social Cohesion, said: "UCL has not just failed to prevent students being radicalised, they have been complicit. If any other society at UCL invited someone to speak who encouraged killing homosexuals, that society would be banned immediately, but academics are afraid of taking action when it involves Islamic societies in case they are accused of Islamophobia."

In 2007, when Abdulmutallab was studying at UCL, the Islamic Society held a five-day series of lectures and seminars about the War on Terror, which have been criticised as anti-Western propaganda.

UCL has confirmed that Abdulmutallab was president of its Islamic Society from 2006-07, but has insisted he "never gave his tutors any cause for concern".

Among the other terrorists who have graduated from British universities are former London School of Economics student Omar Sheikh, who beheaded the Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl in 2002 and former Kings College London students Asif Hanif and Omar Khan Sharif, who carried out a suicide bomb attack on a bar in Tel Aviv in 2003.

Abdullah Ahmed Ali, the leader of the 2006 liquid bomb plot to blow up transatlantic airliners, was a graduate of City University in London.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Were anti-drug or just needed international recognition by the U.S? You should look at the Taliban and how they conquered Afghanistan with financial means before you think they are very anti opium.

FOR THEM, the ends justified the means. Don't forget that we have our own drug war going on here, and according to MANY sources, we do the same thing. Although the majority of our population does not believe that the CIA has helped to smuggle drugs in, what would make you believe that they have any other method to perpetuate a drug war?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
www.thejc.com...

UCL bans Muslim hate preacher

A lecture due to be given on Monday by an Islamist preacher with extreme views on homosexuals and women has been cancelled.

University College London’s Islamic Society had invited Abu Usamah to give the first lecture in its “Pearls of Wisdom” week. The title of his talk was “In pursuit of knowledge”.

Mr Usamah’s views became widely known after he appeared two years ago in a Channel 4 documentary Undercover Mosque.

In it, he said that homosexual men should be thrown off a mountain; that women were inferior to men, and those who left Islam should be crucified. Previously he has said that Jews were “kuffars” (non-believers) and the enemies of Islam.

On Wednesday morning the students’ union issued a short statement, saying: “UCLU has decided to cancel this event due to concerns that the health and safety criteria cannot be met.”

The UCU Islamic Society were unable to respond.

What are they teaching at UCLU?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
It's easy to come up with solutions after an attack.
It's easier to prevent this type of attack if we just realize where and why it happens and have zero tolerance for it. So now the big problem is we have 1.6 billion muslims with leadership telling them to kill non-muslims and the next move will be a showdown that will make history.
Good luck to all Americans.

Here is another very dangerous and non-informed way of spreading fear. The entirety of the muslim world is not trying to destroy Americans. I actually cannot believe that the mods are allowing this type of stupidity on their boards. JJAY is spreading outright racism and should probably be put to sleep before he/she causes any more damage to his/her surroundings.

Even the staunchest of enemies against the rising threat of islamic terrorism should see through such a drastic and pathetic statement.

But, I'll take the extreme opposite here just to show how JJAY is spreading madness.

The whole Christian population is plotting and planning to take over the world. It is evident with their many acts of terrorism and the United States imperialistic rise to power. Good luck world, because people like JJAY are turning you into a target.

I hope others see the sarcasm in my last paragraph, however, my last sentence about JJAY was totally serious. Those on ATS who have taken JJAY's extreme stance here should be aware that the department of Homeland security considers people like JJAY as a domestic, homegrown threat, and IN THIS CASE, it would be worth it if the gestapo were actually cruising these boards to find such threats as they are posting on these forums. I have just as much "pause" of those who would be a threat on OUR OWN LAND, as they could be considered overseas. And JJAY is nothing short of a Timothy McVeigh waiting to happen.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
www.irna.ir...

FOSIS and UCL Islamic Society urged anyone to come forward who can help the relevant authorities with their investigation into this matter but warned against a witch-hunt on campuses.
“The spotlight will now naturally fall on Islamic Societies and Muslim students and we must resist the criminalisation and labelling of Muslims as a suspect community,” Hanjra said.
“Terrorism is a global phenomenon and transcends international boundaries; Muslim students are equally concerned at this scourge and will continue to play their part in speaking out against terrorism,” he said.
FOSIS, which represents representing over 90,000 Muslim students at British colleges and universities, said its work continues in dealing with issues surrounding extremism with the government, the National Union of Students and other relevant organisations.
Islamic Societies across the country continue to play a crucial role in engaging Muslim students and building positive cross-campus relations, it said.
Hanjra emphasised that despite previous witch-hunt, “there remains no evidence to suggest that Muslim students are at particular risk of radicalisation or that university campuses are vulnerable to people seeking to recruit to this extreme ideology.”
In the case of Abdulmutallab, he suggested that it is “crucial for the investigation to discover the activities of the suspect since he left university over a year ago” with his family already having raised concerns.

They say this but they have had four people from this campus leaders in the muslim courses commit terrorist attacks and just last month had one of there lecuturers canceled because of his extremist views.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

You still fail to see my point, even though i typed it in question format to you, let me bold it for you.

Would you be upset if someone invaded your country? I would like to add maybe a family member died, maybe some friends, or you saw innocent people die.

I would be upset, that is the reason for "terrorists" attacking our country and shooting at our soldiers in Afghan and Iraq. The people of a country has foreign soldiers there.

Oil has alot of purposes yes, i never said it didn't, I just said there are alternatives for powering cars, homes, electronic devices, and etc.

Oil plain and simple is an outdated means of power.

Is it outdated for plastic's, no and wont likely be for a long time, but it is time to move on from filling your car up with stinky smelling Gas that creates nasty smelling Co2 emissions, which by the way only smell bad and don't effect "global warming."

And yeah some middle easteners are nomadic, there are reasons Muslims/Middle Easterners and Jews/U.S. Coporation/Rothchilds/Warburgs/Builderburgs/Rockefellers don't get along, for that do your own research.

edited for spelling

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Quickfix]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
No, it isn't. A very small minority of people would fit into that category.

The vast majority of the people below the poverty line are in agriculture and animal husbandry. Agriculture is not a nomadic lifestyle. Animal husbandry is mildly nomadic in that it moves around inside of a contained area.

FACTS. I like how you capitalize that. Emphasis is a great literary tool. However, using it in this manner to make an incorrect thing seem right is just manipulation.

Northern Americans ride horses, and use them for a small percentage of the population. They still have homes though, and those homes are not on the horse backs.

Here's your "hard facts"

siakhenn.tripod.com...

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

The middle east is nomadic? OMFG. I'm debating with someone who thinks that the cradle of civilization is populated by camel riding nomads.

Um...I hate to destroy your point here but...The cradle of civilization IS MOSTLY POPULATED BY CAMEL RIDING NOMADS. There are class structures out there just like the one's we have here. The Poor class represents the majority, which is composed of, but not limited to, CAMEL RIDING NOMADS.

I hate to point out the obvious, but, there are HARD FACTS and FIGURES to back up this statement. Even Bin Laden, being of the upper class, has ridden quite a few camels in his day.

I'm not sure what your opinion on all of your posts contain, so, I'm not attacking you or your choice of theory here. I came in the middle of the conversation and have no idea what has been going on between you and this other guy, but, I needed to point that out.

[edit on 2009/12/29 by Aeons]

My friend, they still ride Camels to tend to the farms, and, you're speaking of those who actually have a trade...there are many WHO DO NOT. In addition, you're speaking of 80% of the GNP of Afghanistan which still does not represent, even in close terms, the entirety of the population. And, according to your figures and hard facts...80% of the industry of Afghanistan is agriculture (they still need their camels for this). Now, being an academic, I can say that this site is not reputable...however, the figures about agriculture are pretty close, so for that...thumbs up.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Only a large section of the people you are categorizing as being "Christian" are not.

And this idea that they can be categorized into Islam-Christianity is promoted mostly by.......Islamists.

The staunchest line against Islamization I have met have been....atheists. Even ones that have lived in Islamic nations! Strange that.

When tempted by an ideological debate, it is so exciting to pick a side. And so frustrating when you cannot form them up into only two groups. It must be so infuriating that people won't fall into neat categories for you.

I actually have no idea what you're talking about. If you're speaking about my attempt to create balance by identifying with the polar opposite, then, fine. However, I am not a Christian, nor am I an atheist or a muslim. I find all of it to be hilarious to tell you the truth. Until people stop identifying with, and conforming to neat little structures so that they have an identifiable team, they'll be locked into petty conflict, like what is happening now.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

Islamic tradition and rules of engagement are to attack and give the opponent 10 years to prepare. That is Sharia Law.

any other questions?

I never heard of this before. Do you have a link for more info ?

Thx

The term is Hudaibiyya. It's a period of negotiation after one has declared conflict (911). In this case, according to what came from ceased documentation the timeframe is 10 years.

I'll take that as a No then

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I've done my own digging about for info about Hubaibiyya, and found that it refers to an agreement that there would be a ceasefire for 10 years. However the Prophet Mohammad used the ceasfire to build up forces and after a period of just 2 years he broke the agreement by attacking his enemy.

Hubaibiyya is seen in modern times as being used by Hamas and the like, when they agree to ceasefires and moves towards peace, in that it is not a genuine call for peace but a stalling tactic to give them time to build up arms and develop new techniques.

The 10 year period is arbitary in that the Muslim will break the agreement whenever he thinks he has the advantage.

What is important to understand from all this is that Jews in arabic territory are not regarded as enemy by Muslims. They only became regarded as enemy in 1948 when the Jews declared the state of Israel. At that point the Jews were very clearly seen as an enemy have have been since then.

The conduct of Zionist Israel has only made matters worse and hardened the Muslim viewpoint.

If Jews had not taken over part of the arabic land and started making life for Palestininas so difficult then no doubt the presence of Jews on the land would have been tolerated and Jews would not have become the enemy and there would not be any Hubaibiyya.

I have stated on other threads that I fear for the Jews in Israel because eventually they will be overtaken by the Muslims, and yet it didn't have to be this way. They could all have lived in peace from the outset.

The fact that Hammas and other similar minded groups are willing to be patient and look for ways to bring Israel down is the fault of Israel.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

What is important to understand from all this is that Jews in arabic territory are not regarded as enemy by Muslims. They only became regarded as enemy in 1948 when the Jews declared the state of Israel. At that point the Jews were very clearly seen as an enemy have have been since then.

The conduct of Zionist Israel has only made matters worse and hardened the Muslim viewpoint.

If Jews had not taken over part of the arabic land and started making life for Palestininas so difficult then no doubt the presence of Jews on the land would have been tolerated and Jews would not have become the enemy and there would not be any Hubaibiyya.

I have stated on other threads that I fear for the Jews in Israel because eventually they will be overtaken by the Muslims, and yet it didn't have to be this way. They could all have lived in peace from the outset.

The fact that Hammas and other similar minded groups are willing to be patient and look for ways to bring Israel down is the fault of Israel.

This is outright revisionist history misinformation perpetuated by Muslims who conveniently forget their active involvement with the Nazis going back into the early 30s. Let's just call it the Big Lie.

Haj Muhammed Amin al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, Yasser Arafat's uncle and inspiration, was hired by the Nazis to co-ordinate Jewish extermination programs. He worked in Berlin with the top Nazis and advocated a Nazi-style Jewish death camp program across the Middle East.

People on this forum should do actual research on subjects they comment on instead of spewing disinformational race hatred propaganda.

www.palestinefacts.org...

Al-Husseini represented newly emerging proponents of militant, Palestinian Arab nationalism, a previously unknown concept. Once he was in power, he began a campaign of terror and intimidation against anyone opposed to his rule and policies. He killed Jews at every opportunity, but also eliminated Arabs who did not support his campaign of violence. Husseini was not willing to negotiate or make any kind of compromise for the sake of peace.

[...]

In 1929, major Arab riots were instigated against the Jews of Palestine. They began when al-Husseini falsely accused Jews of defiling and endangering local mosques, including al-Aqsa. The call went out to the Arab masses: "Izbah Al-Yahud!" — "Slaughter the Jews!" After the killing of Jews in Hebron, the Mufti disseminated photographs of slaughtered Jews with the claim that the dead were Arabs killed by Jews.

In April, 1936 six prominent Arab leaders formed the Arab Higher Committee, with the Grand Mufti Haj Amin al-Husseini as head of the organization, joining forces to protest British support of Zionist progress in Palestine. In the same month, riots broke out in Jaffa commencing a three-year period of violence and civil strife in Palestine that is known as the Arab Revolt. The Arab Higher Committee led the campaign of terrorism against Jewish and British targets.

Using the turmoil of the Arab Revolt as cover, al-Husseini consolidated his control over the Palestinian Arabs with a campaign of murder against Jews and non-compliant Arabs, the recruitment of armed militias, and the raising of funds from around the Muslim world using anti-Jewish propaganda. In 1937 the Grand Mufti expressed his solidarity with Germany, asking the Nazi Third Reich to oppose establishment of a Jewish state, stop Jewish immigration to Palestine, and provide arms to the Arab population.

Following an assassination attempt on the British Inspector-General of the Palestine Police Force and the murder by Arab extremists of Jews and moderate Arabs, the Arab Higher Committee was declared illegal by the British. The Grand Mufti lost his office of President of the Supreme muslim Council, his membership on the Waqf committee, and was forced into exile in Syria in 1937. The British deported the Arab mayor of Jerusalem along with other members of the Arab Higher Committee.

According to documentation from the Nuremberg and Eichmann trials, the Nazi Germany SS helped finance al-Husseini's efforts in the 1936-39 revolt in Palestine. Adolf Eichmann actually visited Palestine and met with al-Husseini at that time and subsequently maintained regular contact with him later in Berlin.

In 1940, al-Husseini requested the Axis powers to acknowledge the Arab right:

"... to settle the question of Jewish elements in Palestine and other Arab countries in accordance with the national and racial interests of the Arabs and along the lines similar to those used to solve the Jewish question in Germany and Italy."

While in Baghdad, Syria al-Husseini aided the pro-Nazi revolt of 1941. He then spent the rest of World War II as Hitler's special guest in Berlin, advocating the extermination of Jews in radio broadcasts back to the Middle East and recruiting Balkan Muslims for infamous SS "mountain divisions" that tried to wipe out Jewish communities throughout the region.

At the Nuremberg Trials, Eichmann's deputy Dieter Wisliceny (subsequently executed as a war criminal) testified:

The Mufti was one of the initiators of the systematic extermination of European Jewry and had been a collaborator and adviser of Eichmann and Himmler in the execution of this plan. ... He was one of Eichmann's best friends and had constantly incited him to accelerate the extermination measures. I heard him say, accompanied by Eichmann, he had visited incognito the gas chamber of Auschwitz.

With the collapse of Nazi Germany in 1945, the Mufti moved to Egypt where he was received as a national hero. After the war al-Husseini was indicted by Yugoslavia for war crimes, but escaped prosecution. The Mufti was never tried because the Allies were afraid of the storm in the Arab world if the hero of Arab nationalism was treated as a war criminal.

From Egypt al-Husseini was among the sponsors of the 1948 war against the new State of Israel.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What has any of your waffle got to do with Hubaibiyya ?

Thats whats being discussed here.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Originally posted by dgtempe
LATEST BREAKING:

AL QAIDA CLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY.

Of course they did...I mean, if the MSM says so, then it MUST be true. Precisely the way Colin Powell said that there were definitely biological agents and other such devices of weaponry in Iraq. Oh, and there was that other thing..."Al Qaeda in Iraq," even though Iraqis and Afghanis have been mortal enemies since the beginning of time.

Iraqis and afghans are mortal enemies??? could you give me a source to rpove this cause as far as i know theyeve never fought a war or have had bad relations with one another... in fact...

Abu Kasha: An American intelligence source tells us Abu Kasha al-Iraqi is the key link between al Qaeda's Shura Majlis (main Shura or consultive body) and the Taliban. Kasha is an Iraqi Arab who runs his group from Mir Ali. He has two local commanders, Imanullah and Haq Nawaz Dawar who administer local offices. Kasha has a working relationship and close communication with Uzbek groups.

Read more: www.longwarjournal.org...

Here's some evidence of the tension that has existed between Iraq, the Taliban and Al Qaeda.

www.nypost.com...

Specifically the New York Post states that...
What of the notion that a surge could turn Afghanistan around since a surge worked in Iraq? Iraqis switched loyalties (temporarily) because al Qaeda turned out to be a far less pleasant occupier than we were. We were lucky in our enemies.

Although I do not agree with much of the above post, he also goes into history (a very basic and shallow one) of how the United States, under the CIA, trained and supplied the MUJAHIDEEN (later to become the Taliban and Al Qaeda) with weapons. This was, of course, far after the Iranian Revolution and existed during the time we were arming Sadaam Hussein to do our bidding against the Iranian government during the 80's after the Iranians had their revolution against American influence. The problem here was that our Iranian puppet, Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, was giving out Iranian oil freely to the West without it benefiting the Iranian people. This was obviously a no no, because, while the Iranian elite were becoming rich, the remainder of the population were struggling for mere survival. So, the Iranians overthrew the government and became self sufficient, hence, THE IRANIAN/ISLAMIC REVOLUTION.

en.wikipedia.org...
You should read this in its entirety. Although I hate to reference wikipedia, much of the information here is accurate and has plenty of sources to back up the information I have stated. I would present more scholarly sources, but again, much of the real information is password protected. Therefore, Wikipedia paints a great picture without having to provide thousands of sources for you to sift through.

This was an obvious conflict to American interests, so, we employed Sadaam Hussein to enact genocide on his neighbors (IRAN). He did this successfully until he got greedy and attacked Kuwait. When this happened, we used the atrocities that we funded and wholeheartedly supported, as propaganda against him to convince the American Public to go to war (HENCE HIS IMAGE TO THE WORLD AS A BLOODTHIRSTY DICTATOR). The catch 22 here is, we were caught supporting this warlord. We were caught illegally selling weapons and violating international treaties...IRAN CONTRA AFFAIRS. But, as it were, there was no one in the international community to penalize us for our actions. Otherwise, it could have been us that had sanctions imposed against us...instead, we deflected our dubious tactics and created a war with a country that never attacked us and that we supported financially. IF YOU ASK ME, THAT'S A TAD BIT UNFAIR CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT WE WERE FEEDING THE MONSTER.

Now, lets go to the split of the warring factions between Sunni/Shia's in the region. According to Google Scholar (unless you are an academic, you will not be able to access this without paying for it. Its password protected) Iraq currently has a predominantly controlling background of Shiite Muslims which constitute 65% of the population. Afghanistan is predominantly Sunni at 84%. This background already dictates a huge conflict of interests for each country...making them, in fact, MORTAL ENEMIES; especially if you are aware of the history and the relationship between the Sunni and Shiite factions. Iraq wants nothing to do with Afghanistan any more than Afghanistan wants anything to do with Iraq. If there was such a thing as Al Qaeda in Iraq, its because WE PLACED THEM THERE STRATEGICALLY to perpetuate a non-stop war.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

What has any of your waffle got to do with Hubaibiyya ?

Thats whats being discussed here.

"Waffle" means "whatever conflicts with the disinformation I'm putting out"

You should learn to read and understand things better. Useful skills.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

I know its a tricky subject mate, try and keep up, instead of making a complete fool of yourself.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I know its a tricky subject mate, try and keep up, instead of making a complete fool of yourself.

When obviously ignorant uninformed people try to insult me - I take it as a compliment.

Thanks for the thought.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I take it you don't want to comment on Hubaibiyya then.

Too complicated for you is it ?

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join