It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attempts to Set Off Explosives on Plane

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
reply to post by Lillydale

By your reasoning, influenza is a bigger risk than terrorism.

No, by LOGIC, influenza is a bigger risk.

Your logic is not consistent with reality.

More people are in danger of dying in the U.S. by influenza than a terror attack. That makes influenza a bigger risk than terrorism. Care to explain how it does anything else?

Homelessness is a problem, but there are remedies for those who are willing to pull themselves out of that condition.

There are remedies for terrorism too. That does not make it more of a threat to U.S. citizens on U.S. soil than homelessness just because there are remedies. There are remedies for gunshot wounds too but they can sure still kill.

Far more airplanes crash due to human error and weather conditions than are flown into buildings. The difference is that one kind of airplane disaster is caused by condition and risks we are willing to make.

O....K...?

Terrorism is a risk that we don't wish to accept, as it is a willful act carried out by enemies who desire to bring our nation to its knees.

Who is we? My life is in far more danger from commuters, alcoholism, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc than from any terrorists. Thanks for your concern but I am going to stick to worrying about things that actually threaten me. Terrorism is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay at the bottom of that list. I am sorry it is so high for you.

We accept some risks and refuse to submit to others.

What makes you think we all accept the same risks? Some people will not risk cigarette smoke, white flour, fat, sugar, etc. Are you deciding for the rest of us what is and is not acceptable risk?

If you can't understand that, then I can't explain it to you.

Understand what? That you are wrong? More people are in danger of dying from the flu or homelessness in the U.S. than from terrorism. How is that NOT A BIGGER THREAT?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Your facts are sound, I guess, but your logic is not consistent with someone who refuses to be a slave.

A slave to whom? Big pharma or islamofascists?

Guess which one has done more damage to me, my family, and my loved ones. Guess which one has and continues to pose a bigger risk. Guess which one I CAN NOT ESCAPE on U.S. soil? If you guess Muslim terrorists, well then NO.

Sorry, forgot to get that one.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Were anti-drug or just needed international recognition by the U.S? You should look at the Taliban and how they conquered Afghanistan with financial means before you think they are very anti opium.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Heres a piece about the would be bombers internet postings,revealing a lonely,conflicted youth who turned to extremist web sites for advice:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Classic quote of the article:

And then I think this loneliness leads me to other problems,’ he writes. ‘As I get lonely, the natural sexual drive awakens and I struggle to control it, sometimes leading to minor sinful activities like not lowering the gaze.

And this problem makes me want to get married to avoid getting aroused.'

Hehe
Only if he marries a total hog I guess...
(sorry,couldn't resist)

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Dutch interior minister is on Sky giving a news conference-she says that milimeter wave body scanners will now be put in the airprts in Holland-The reason they were not there already was because the USGov did not want them to only be used on flights to the USA-rather they wanted them to be used on all flights,so they were not installed...Thats what she said.

Why are the dutch taking orders from the US on how to keep their airports secure?

Isn't that up to them as a country?Apparently not...

Another thing-as far as I am aware,these scanners are not going to have any impact on detecting the "internal" bomb,already known to have been used by AQ in an attempted assaination of a Saudi prince,a few months back:

Security and intelligence experts are deeply worried by a new development in suicide bombing, the BBC has learned. It has emerged that an al-Qaeda bomber who died last month while trying to blow up a Saudi prince in Jeddah had hidden the explosives inside his body. Only the attacker died, but it is feared that the new development could be copied by others. Experts say it could have implications for airport security, rendering traditional metal detectors "useless".

news.bbc.co.uk...

Oh well,looks like we will all soon have to walk through the scanners even if they don't stop the above mentioned internal bomb.

Being seen to do something is yet again more inportant to the Governments,than the actual substance of what they do.

Talking of which-anyone remember how after 911 all the governments went about screaming for inter country/agency cooperation to defeat terror...
Hows that working out,nearly 10 years later?

Not very well at all according to Obama.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It's easy to come up with solutions after an attack.
It's easier to prevent this type of attack if we just realize where and why it happens and have zero tolerance for it. So now the big problem is we have 1.6 billion muslims with leadership telling them to kill non-muslims and the next move will be a showdown that will make history.
Good luck to all Americans.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

The time to come up with solutions,was on 9/12 2001.
This is what we were told everyone in authority around the world was doing.
Another time to come up with solutions would have been after the shoe bomber.
We were told that was happening too,through newer better security arangements.
It now appears that the improved measures have yet to be applied after almost a decade after 911.

And if you think all Muslims are out to kill non believers answer me this-

Why did they not all rise up and attempt to kill every "infidel" after 911-they would not need bombs-imagine what 1.5million boxes of matches could do to a country if used in a terrorist manner.

They did not rise up as one people,which is one of the reasons I have a problem when all muslims are tarred with the terrorist brush.
If they were all in favour of killing the nonbelievers-why wait until more of your people die in 10 years of wars?
To gain support maybe???Inferring that all muslims do not support them maybe?

[edit on 30/12/2009 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
To answer your question, Islam considers all muslims to be subjects of their dictation, therefore all muslims are counted in their efforts. Make sense? I'm not saying that individuals lack free will, I'm saying that in a military perspective, which Islam is, they consider their population soldiers. China does the same, but they aren't aggressive, whereas Islam is currently.

As far as preparation, there have been big strides in Homeland Security. Not enough, but big strides. We are on the defense, we cannot move offensively until WMD are used against us again.

To answer your question of why didn't the big attack happen immediately after 911, the answer is simple. Islamic tradition and rules of engagement are to attack and give the opponent 10 years to prepare. That is Sharia Law. 911 was "the Awakening". It's almost 10 years and then the aggression will begin. Of course you have noticed an increase in attacks on American soil lately and that is just those who are eager to get this thing rolling. Others are waiting patiently with bigger plans... like Iranian and Pakistan and their nukes.

any other questions?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Sadly, I think your right. The world see what we have for a president and they are laughing and see us as weak, this is what our enemy has been waiting for. Just my opinion here mind you. The failed plane attack I think that was a diversion, get us watching the skys again. The next ones I think were going to see our what other parts of the world are going through, attacks on our malls, ect. Our boarders are still WIDE open an by this time they could've marched an army of sucide bombers into the US. That's just the feeling I'm getting.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

You keep telling us that Islam is the problem but you never give us any solutions.

Are any of these solutions you're possibly thinking of?

-Nuke all 47 muslim countries.
-Round up and kill all the muslims living in the west.
-Ban islam and muslims in the West.

So which one you think sounds about right?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Islamic tradition and rules of engagement are to attack and give the opponent 10 years to prepare. That is Sharia Law.

any other questions?

I never heard of this before. Do you have a link for more info ?

Thx

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
www.au.af.mil...

Here is a interesting read. The attached manual was located by the Manchester (England) Metropolitan Police during a search of an al Qaeda member’s home. The manual was found in a computer file
described as “the military series” related to the “Declaration of Jihad.” The manual was translated into English and was introduced earlier this year at the embassy bombing trial in New York.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Somali arrested at airport last Nov 13 with chemicals, syringe.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AuYs7Iz2iocswz6gc6mia99bbBAF;_ylu=X3o'___'J2NW1sZDJjBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMjMwL2FmX 3NvbWFsaWEEY2NvZGUDbW9zdHBvcHVsYXIEY3BvcwMyBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDc29tYWxpYXJyZXN0

[edit on 30-12-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

Originally posted by JJay55
Islamic tradition and rules of engagement are to attack and give the opponent 10 years to prepare. That is Sharia Law.

any other questions?

I never heard of this before. Do you have a link for more info ?

Thx

The term is Hudaibiyya. It's a period of negotiation after one has declared conflict (911). In this case, according to what came from ceased documentation the timeframe is 10 years.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Somali arrested at airport last Nov 13 with chemicals, syringe.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AuYs7Iz2iocswz6gc6mia99bbBAF;_ylu=X3o'___'J2NW1sZDJjBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMjMwL2FmX 3NvbWFsaWEEY2NvZGUDbW9zdHBvcHVsYXIEY3BvcwMyBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDc29tYWxpYXJyZXN0

[edit on 30-12-2009 by JBA2848]

Don't you find it interesting that they are making the move now?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
His screen name was "Farouk1986"
www.gawaher.com... is the website he frequented and posted to. Not sure if anyone out there can pull up some of his post.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

www.gawaher.com... is the website he frequented and posted to. Not sure if anyone out there can pull up some of his post.

I've seen that poster name in a few places, hmmm, that's interesting.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I've seen that poster name in a few places, hmmm, that's interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join