It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Man Attempts to Set Off Explosives on Plane

page: 33
24
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

If you are successful in this plan, you will divert attention away from your highly unpopular domestic agendas and have Americans and the world focused more on wars and international affairs... Then by the time the American people wake up to what has actually happened you will already have won your reelection in 2012!



If you're serious, you're dreaming.

Because of Obama's lackadaisical approach to the war on terror and his AG's approach to Gitmo and the detainees, terror attacks are going to do nothing to improve his image or his approval ratings.

Anything he does now is going to look like the arsenist who puts out his own fire for the glory.


Actually, I think this is what he/she was getting at.




posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   


US President Barack Obama has said it is clear a systemic failure occurred over the attempted plot to blow up a Detroit-bound plane on Christmas Day.

Mr Obama said he considered the failures in intelligence and security systems to be "totally unacceptable".

The US needed to learn from the incident and act quickly to fix flaws in the system, he said.




BBC NEWS

Oh dear I do wonder, who is going to loose thier job over this, failure to even take the fathers warning seriously.



posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Zeus2573
 


Well I guess its fabricated that Afghanistan is supply the world with herion to how could a bunch of people living in caves manage to smuggle drugs all over the world.


The Taliban had actually entirely wiped out the drug trade in Afghanistan and heroin production had almost completely ceased. It wasn't until we attacked and took control over territories that the production had began again. This is fact.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Scroll down to read entire article
blogs.chron.com...

Now, there are many sources that may claim that the Taliban is currently using this trade to continue its efforts for survival, and, at this point those claims may have merit. But, before the war began, they had erradicated opium as a resource and were very anti-drug.

So, in essence, the Taliban were doing well to decrease the trade until we decided to wage war against them, forcing them to survive by any means necessary (Keep in mind, the Taliban weren't the ones that supposedly "attacked" us on 911). Now, there's also the theory that the CIA as well as other agencies confiscate their fields and capitalize off of the profits whenever possible. There's even further theories that they actually work with the Taliban to collectively profit from the drug trade itself since it is a product that is in demand not only on the black market, but also for the pharmaceutical drug industry. If this is the case, it wouldn't be the first time.



posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry
 


So, the Taliban decreased the heroin trade.

Do you have any knowledge about the abuses and atrocities committed by this band of fanatical thugs?

Is it just convenient for you to ignore such.

Taliban Atrocities


[edit on 2009/12/29 by GradyPhilpott]



posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry
 


So, the Taliban decreased the heroin trade.

Do you have any knowledge about the abuses and atrocities committed by this band of fanatical thugs?

Is it just convenient for you to ignore such.

Taliban Atrocities


[edit on 2009/12/29 by GradyPhilpott]


Yes...I am very aware of the inhumanities that the Taliban have perpetrated within the confines of their country, and I am also aware that they exist as a threat to their surroundings. However, what does that have to do with us? The Taliban never made one attempt to attack an American Citizen. Consequently, there are atrocities being committed in many places around the globe that we choose to ignore, and the main reason for this is, there is nothing for us to capitalize off of., i.e., no natural resources to hijack from the locals. So, if we don't directly benefit from being there, we won't go there in the first place.



posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Those who would suggest that the war against terrorism is a waste need only to pay attention to these continued efforts to kill and maim innocents in the name of Islam.


Please, for the sake of your children, national reputation, personal intelligence, and general well being, educate yourself.

This is not about religion.



posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucidliving

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Those who would suggest that the war against terrorism is a waste need only to pay attention to these continued efforts to kill and maim innocents in the name of Islam.


Please, for the sake of your children, national reputation, personal intelligence, and general well being, educate yourself.

This is not about religion.


This is not about religion? Your ignorance as to the Islamic Extremist movement is staggering. I would suggest that you are the one who is in serious need of education but I rather doubt you are capable of being educated.


[edit on 29-12-2009 by Night Watchman]



posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I do in fact live in the US and I worked with the homeless for more than a year and a half in New Orleans.

It was there that I came to understand the phenomenon in great detail. However, you must realize that I am not speaking of the fact that some people lose their homes and must live with relatives or even at a shelter until they get their lives back together.

I am speaking of the efforts by some to convince the public that there has been continuously in these United States social structural conditions that necessarily lead to homelessness and have lead movements to establish the homeless as a distinct and static social class.

You see when you really understand an issue, it's complexity is not so hard to grasp, although defining the problem and solving it are quite different than actually solving the problem.

Yes, terrorism is a real threat and I would have to wonder where you live, if you don't understand that.



I do understand that just fine. I have never said that terrorism does not exist. I just know that more people in the U.S. die on a yearly basis from all kinds of things such as homelessness than terrorism by far. Your conclusions on whether homelessness is hardwired into society or anything else is interesting but isn't the point...how many people are actually in danger? I mean, we can debate your point as much as we can debate the real reason for 9/11. The fact is, homelessness is a bigger threat to U.S. citizens than terrorism on our soil. Maybe I misunderstood your point.



posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
The middle east is nomadic? OMFG. I'm debating with someone who thinks that the cradle of civilization is populated by camel riding nomads.


Um...I hate to destroy your point here but...The cradle of civilization IS MOSTLY POPULATED BY CAMEL RIDING NOMADS. There are class structures out there just like the one's we have here. The Poor class represents the majority, which is composed of, but not limited to, CAMEL RIDING NOMADS.

I hate to point out the obvious, but, there are HARD FACTS and FIGURES to back up this statement. Even Bin Laden, being of the upper class, has ridden quite a few camels in his day.

I'm not sure what your opinion on all of your posts contain, so, I'm not attacking you or your choice of theory here. I came in the middle of the conversation and have no idea what has been going on between you and this other guy, but, I needed to point that out.



posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by Lucidliving

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Those who would suggest that the war against terrorism is a waste need only to pay attention to these continued efforts to kill and maim innocents in the name of Islam.


Please, for the sake of your children, national reputation, personal intelligence, and general well being, educate yourself.

This is not about religion.


This is not about religion? Your ignorance as to the Islamic Extremist movement is staggering. I would suggest that you are the one who is in serious need of education but I rather doubt you are capable of being educated.


[edit on 29-12-2009 by Night Watchman]


Ahhhh, for once I agree with you. Yes, its definitely about religion (profit is in there too) but, religion is the method used to keep the peons fighting each other.

And, I know you're not going to agree with this statement, but as far as I can see...All the fighting that exists between Christianity and Islam is a childish demonstration of who's God has the bigger D@*K. It's nothing more than expensive pissing contest between adolescent behaving adults.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]



posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
No, it isn't. A very small minority of people would fit into that category.

The vast majority of the people below the poverty line are in agriculture and animal husbandry. Agriculture is not a nomadic lifestyle. Animal husbandry is mildly nomadic in that it moves around inside of a contained area.

FACTS. I like how you capitalize that. Emphasis is a great literary tool. However, using it in this manner to make an incorrect thing seem right is just manipulation.

Northern Americans ride horses, and use them for a small percentage of the population. They still have homes though, and those homes are not on the horse backs.

Here's your "hard facts"

siakhenn.tripod.com...


Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Originally posted by Aeons
The middle east is nomadic? OMFG. I'm debating with someone who thinks that the cradle of civilization is populated by camel riding nomads.


Um...I hate to destroy your point here but...The cradle of civilization IS MOSTLY POPULATED BY CAMEL RIDING NOMADS. There are class structures out there just like the one's we have here. The Poor class represents the majority, which is composed of, but not limited to, CAMEL RIDING NOMADS.

I hate to point out the obvious, but, there are HARD FACTS and FIGURES to back up this statement. Even Bin Laden, being of the upper class, has ridden quite a few camels in his day.

I'm not sure what your opinion on all of your posts contain, so, I'm not attacking you or your choice of theory here. I came in the middle of the conversation and have no idea what has been going on between you and this other guy, but, I needed to point that out.


[edit on 2009/12/29 by Aeons]



posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry
 


Only a large section of the people you are categorizing as being "Christian" are not.

And this idea that they can be categorized into Islam-Christianity is promoted mostly by.......Islamists.

The staunchest line against Islamization I have met have been....atheists. Even ones that have lived in Islamic nations! Strange that.

When tempted by an ideological debate, it is so exciting to pick a side. And so frustrating when you cannot form them up into only two groups. It must be so infuriating that people won't fall into neat categories for you.



posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Do you really not understand that this won't go away because you stop fighting, or because you don't want oil, or drugs?

This isn't going away because, these nations are having babies at an insane rate for their resources and options. They have just enough for these males to grow up, see that YOU have much and they have NOTHING. Their religion tells them that they deserve to rule. And they have NOTHING TO DO.

They are going to fight because they want a position in society, and the globe, they want YOUR position by preference, and frankly fighting is more fun than just doing nothing.

Fighting is FUN. There is lots of them and nothing more interesting to do.



posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Islamic terrorists are telling us that they are responsible for these attacks and there are thousands ready to carry out more... yet Westerners are still in denial? hmmmmm.
They will also tell you that their motivation is Islamic religion... but Westerners are still in denial. hmmmmmmm.
Yeah and Janet Napolitano looks like a freeeking idiot now too because she's in denial and just plain caught with her pants down because all the agencies told her about this guy. hmmmmmm. Her qualification to run Homeland Security is.... she was governor of Arizona? hmmmmmm.

Anyway. 2010 should be a blast. There are other warnings out there and maybe Napolitano will take them seriously and not fail. And maybe her boss won't prove to be an apologist and do the right thing.



posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Do you really not understand that this won't go away because you stop fighting, or because you don't want oil, or drugs?

This isn't going away because, these nations are having babies at an insane rate for their resources and options. They have just enough for these males to grow up, see that YOU have much and they have NOTHING. Their religion tells them that they deserve to rule. And they have NOTHING TO DO.

They are going to fight because they want a position in society, and the globe, they want YOUR position by preference, and frankly fighting is more fun than just doing nothing.

Fighting is FUN. There is lots of them and nothing more interesting to do.

Yes, I understand, but I'm not an armchair opinion former who thinks my thoughts are important. Instead I train First Responders who put their lives on the line and they understand too. But you won't find them here. They've migrated to the other site where the "younger" posters aren't.



posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Peoples' thoughts are all important, even if it is only to gauge where a group is in its thoughts or analysis.

We are nations run by the views of the sleeping giant of the populace. What the population believes as large groups, does indeed impact how these matters will be dealt with.

People don't seem to believe that - but if it were not true, in Afghanistan we would have already moved more decisively into a civil occupation position because that is the sensible thing to do. Only everyone in the West is so hands wringing concerned about being empire-like that the sensible thing makes way for far more ridiculous but palatable options.


Originally posted by JJay55

Originally posted by Aeons

Yes, I understand, but I'm not an armchair opinion former who thinks my thoughts are important. Instead I train First Responders who put their lives on the line and they understand too. But you won't find them here. They've migrated to the other site where the "younger" posters aren't.




posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
much like afghanistan and pakistan (hell prolly even iraq) but these two for sure, we find that the key allies we have are back stabbers.

yemen is no different...

www.longwarjournal.org...



posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons
 

The value of taking the popular temperature is making me pessimistic about our ability to survive 2010.
Better stock up on ammo.



posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman
 



What totally surprised me is that this "guy" was wearing woman's
underwear with a tampon taped over the crotch area. If I had seen
those photos before knowing the sex of the attempted bomber, I would
have assumed it was a female.



posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale
 


By your reasoning, influenza is a bigger risk than terrorism.

Your facts are sound, I guess, but your logic is not consistent with someone who refuses to be a slave.

Homelessness is a problem, but there are remedies for those who are willing to pull themselves out of that condition.

Far more airplanes crash due to human error and weather conditions than are flown into buildings. The difference is that one kind of airplane disaster is caused by conditions and risks we are willing to accept.

Terrorism is a risk that we don't wish to accept, as it is a willful act carried out by our enemies who desire to bring our nation to its knees.

We accept some risks and refuse to submit to others.

If you can't understand that, then I can't explain it to you.

[edit on 2009/12/30 by GradyPhilpott]



new topics

top topics



 
24
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

log in

join