It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attempts to Set Off Explosives on Plane

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Although I had to look up Hegelian dialectic, I am as it turns out quite familiar with it, as it is the stuff of Sociology 101 and is quite evident in a number of leftist agendas over the last half century, including, but not limited to, the affirmative action, gun control, the concept of homelessness as a social structural problem, feminism, affordable housing, healthcare reform, government bailouts.

Notice that I didn't mention the war on terror. This is a real problem, charaterized by a large number of individuals who are hell bent on destroying the US and have made great strides in disrupting the our most valued social norms.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Homelessness is a made up problem but terrorism is a real threat? Do you live in the U.S.?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
If anyones interested,there are pics of the dirty jocks here:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Ah yes, another little reminder from the U.S. government that we are still prone to terrorist attacks.

I'm sure everyone remembers those ridiculous gauges they used after 911 on every major news network to measure the terrorist level. Ya know, the one that went to RED ALERT every time a Muslim farted.

In my opinion, the official 911 story and all of this terrorist business is all total BS! I don't understand how anyone could believe that the most powerful country in the world would suffer a terrorist attack from a bunch of people living in caves.................please.

Anyone that believes in this terrorist crap is either:

A- Walking through this world with their eyes closed.
B- In extreme denial...............or
C- A little of both.

Just my two cents.............for what its worth.

~Zeus

[edit on 29-12-2009 by Zeus2573]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

Well I guess its fabricated that Afghanistan is supply the world with herion to how could a bunch of people living in caves manage to smuggle drugs all over the world.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Sherlock Holmes said, 'When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever is left - however improbable - must be the truth.'

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I expect to see the stocks of whoever makes those new full-body airport x-ray machines catapult upwards very soon. Funny, that!!!

And funny how 'inept' these bombers seem to be...!

My theory... This guy's operator/materials supplier/instructor was not AQ, but someone posing as such in order to create such an alarm for ulterior motives. Materials and instructions supplied in order to create the exact effect that transpired.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

Homelessness is a made up problem but terrorism is a real threat? Do you live in the U.S.?

I do in fact live in the US and I worked with the homeless for more than a year and a half in New Orleans.

It was there that I came to understand the phenomenon in great detail. However, you must realize that I am not speaking of the fact that some people lose their homes and must live with relatives or even at a shelter until they get their lives back together.

I am speaking of the efforts by some to convince the public that there has been continuously in these United States social structural conditions that necessarily lead to homelessness and have lead movements to establish the homeless as a distinct and static social class.

You see when you really understand an issue, it's complexity is not so hard to grasp, although defining the problem and solving it are quite different than actually solving the problem.

Yes, terrorism is a real threat and I would have to wonder where you live, if you don't understand that.

[edit on 2009/12/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

This article provides much more than a picture of the underwear used to hide explosives. It also provides a very good synopsis of the incident, the perpetrator, and the general problem of Islamic terrorism and the methods they use.

This article should be read by all.

Pictured: The charred remains of jet bomber's underwear in which he hid explosives to blow up plane

* Images show bomber hid explosives in his underpants
* Material was 'strong enough to blow a hole in the plane'
* Bomber spoke about Jihad in messages posted online
* Ex-Guantanamo Bay inmates 'were among the plotters'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... b67E18RQ

[edit on 2009/12/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
If anyones interested,there are pics of the dirty jocks here:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Mamma mia that's a one spicy meatball

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Having a war on terror is like having a war on war. Completely and utterly pointless.

Maybe the "terrorists" wouldn't be trying to blow up planes if our Army wasn't in their country killing people.

Heres a youtube vid that was posted in a thread, maybe people forgot about it...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 29-12-2009 by Quickfix]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Bit more info today.

Jasper Schuringa Yanked Flaming Syringe Out of Abdulmutallab's Pants

Jasper Schuringa leaped over seats to tackle the Nigerian terror suspect."I really had to pull it out of his hands because he kind of resisted. And it was also kind of stuck in his underwear," Jasper Schuringa told "Good Morning America" today.

"When I came to the seats he was holding ... the object which was on fire and smoke was coming out of it," Schuringa said. "I really had to rip the whole object out of his pants."

and

Uma r Farouk Abdulmutallab, was president of University College London's Islamic society

Terror suspect Abdulmutallab, who is charged with attempting to destroy the Christmas Day Northwest Airlines Flight 253, was president of the society between 2006 and 2007.

Faisal Hanra, a spokesman for the Federation of Student Islamic Societies, said: "We became aware that Abdulmutallab was president of the Islamic Society within the last 24 hours.

"It came as quite a shock. This raises a number of concerns, and we are making efforts to contact as many members of the society from the time as we can."

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I see your point, you're right about the drugs. Perhaps that's the real reason why are troops are over there. God bless anyone who serves in the military............

But the thing is, this has nothing to do with drugs. My point was with the United States as powerful as we are, and with the intelligence agency we have, there is no way they could have pulled this off. Impossible.

Have you read the actual conclusion of the "official" 911 story. It looks like a three year old compiled it. I'm sorry but I just don't believe any of it, and I never will.

Thanks for responding to my post, I respect your opinion although I don't agree.

Enjoy the rest of you day JBA2848.

~Zeus

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

No the real reason the U.S. is over there is for oil. They are setting up two permanent bases.

Oil is what controls our cars, so in turn it controls the people, if you have free energy, you have free people, and when people are free, the begin to think freely.

And the government can't have that.

The government has accomplished alot in their NWO agenda, but you do not give them enough credit for what they can do...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Wow that picture sure is scary.

Oh the terror, underwear bombs. shock and awe!

Al Qaeda will now have to change tactics, they should begin immediately to seek out and recruit small breasted Islamic women and create large explosive stuffed bra bombs.

If a suicide bra bomber is successful, getting through airport security in the future, especially for women will be quite interesting.

Guys over here, remove your underwear.

Ladies over here, remove your tops and bras and have your breasts ready for inspection.

I wonder what they will do if Al Qaeda uses a rectum bomb in the future in a terrorist attack on a plane?

Maybe we should just abandon flying all together?

Or we could simply convince everyone to walk through scanners that can digitally remove all of your clothing, take pictures of your body from all angles and perhaps even look inside deeper.

Good time to invest in that technology!

But first, we need to whip up the fear even more for political, military, international and Israeli interests.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Maybe the "terrorists" wouldn't be trying to blow up planes if our Army wasn't in their country killing people.

Are we in Nigeria now?

What good does it do to blow up the innocent?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Sen. Dodd, D-Conn., slashed aviation security funding for pet constituency

www.washingtonexaminer.com... tml

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Hundreds of al-Qaeda militants planning attacks from Yemen'

Dr al-Qirbi said: “Of course there are a number of al-Qaeda operatives in Yemen and some of their leaders. We realise this danger.

“They may actually plan attacks like the one we have just had in Detroit. There are maybe hundreds of them — 200, 300.”

Dr al-Qirbi said it was the “responsibility” of countries with strong intelligence capabilities to warn states such as Yemen about the movements of terror suspects.

The United States, Britain and the European Union could do a lot to improve Yemen’s response to militants on its own soil, he added.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Hello Quickfix, hows the weather in Huntington Beach? Sucks here in Illinois.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I was kind of being sarcastic about the drugs. This war that is going on in the Middle East actually started when George Bush Sr. was President. I think it was called Operation Desert Storm.

Same war today just on a much larger scale. You are absolutely right about the oil, power, and control. The PTB are in fact working to accomplish The New World Order. If I remember correctly, George Bush Sr. was pretty vocal about the NWO's agenda just before Operation Desert Storm was launched.

Is terrorism a problem? Certainly. The only thing is, the terrorist aren't who we think they are.

Have a good one Quickfix.

~ Zeus

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Still trying to reconcile this story of the American lawyer Haskeel and his wife who says he saw the Nigerian bomber pushed past custom checks by a well-dressed unidentified guy in Amsterdam.

Is he mistaken? Was there another planned incident not come to light?

www.liveleak.com...

A Michigan man who was aboard Northwest Airlines Flight 253 says he witnessed Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab trying to board the plane in Amsterdam without a passport.

Kurt Haskell of Newport, Mich., who posted an earlier comment about his experience, talked exclusively with MLive.com and confirmed he was on the flight by sending a picture of his boarding pass. He and his wife, Lori, were returning from a safari in Uganda when they boarded the NWA flight on Friday.

Haskell said he and his wife were sitting on the ground near their boarding gate in Amsterdam, which is when they saw Mutallab approach the gate with an unidentified man.

Kurt and Lori Haskell are attorneys with Haskell Law Firm in Taylor. Their expertise includes bankruptcy, family law and estate planning.

While Mutallab was poorly dressed, his friend was dressed in an expensive suit, Haskell said. He says the suited man asked ticket agents whether Mutallab could board without a passport. “The guy said, 'He's from Sudan and we do this all the time.'”

Mutallab is Nigerian. Haskell believes the man may have been trying to garner sympathy for Mutallab's lack of documents by portraying him as a Sudanese refugee.

The ticket agent referred Mutallab and his companion to her manager down the hall, and Haskell didn't see Mutallab again until after he allegedly tried to detonate an explosive on the plane.

Haskell said the flight was mostly unremarkable. That was until he heard a flight attendant say she smelled smoke, just after the pilot announced the plane would land in Detroit in 10 minutes. Haskell got out of his seat to view the brewing commotion.

“I stood up and walked a couple feet ahead to get a closer look, and that's when I saw the flames,” said Haskell, who sat about seven rows behind Mutallab. “It started to spread pretty quickly. It went up the wall, all the way to ceiling.”

Haskell, who described Mutallab as a diminutive man who looks like a teenager, said about 30 seconds passed between the first mention of smoke and when Mutallab was subdued by fellow passengers.

“He didn't fight back at all. This wasn't a big skirmish,” Haskell said. “A couple guys jumped on him and hauled him away.”

The ordeal has Haskell and his wife a little shaken. Flight attendants were screaming during the fire and the pilot sounded notably nervous when bringing the plane in for a landing, he said.

“Immediately, the pilot came on and said two words: emergency landing,” Haskell said. “And that was it. The plane sped up instead of slowing down. You could tell he floored it.”

As Mutallab was being led out of the plane in handcuffs, Haskell said he realized that was the same man he saw trying to board the plane in Amsterdam.

Passengers had to wait about 20 minutes before they were allowed to exit the plane. Haskell said he and other passengers waited about six hours to be interviewed by the FBI.

About an hour after landing, Haskell said he saw another man being taken into custody. But a spokeswoman from the FBI in Detroit said Mutallab was the only person taken into custody.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join