It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attempts to Set Off Explosives on Plane

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yes it has changed, but it will most likely continue to change until all the information comes to light,

online.wsj.com...

The device was technologically advanced and potentially devastating, Mr. King said. "This was not a firecracker," he said.

Stephanie van Herk, a passenger from the Netherlands who was in seat 18B, said the Northwest plane had lowered its landing gear when she heard a loud bang. At first she thought the plane might have gotten a flat tire, but then she said saw a flame leap from the lap of a man sitting in the row behind her in the window seat, 19A.

Mr. Mudallad suffered 3rd-degree burns when the device detonated on approach to Detroit, according to Mr. King. He said none of the other passengers was seriously injured.

The man told investigators that he was given the device by al Qaeda operatives in Yemen, where he was also given instructions on how to detonate it, the U.S. official said.

Is it the Yemen fourth of July?

Once passengers realized the suspect's pants were on fire, they called for water, according to Ms. Van Herk, her sister, Dominique van Herk, and their cousin, Celeste van Herk.

The man was pulling his burning pants down, Stephanie van Herk said. She and several other passengers got water from the galley and the man was doused with water. Then a male Dutch passenger jumped on the perpetrator, Ms. van Herk said.

Still I think the passengers were lucky, regardless.

[edit on 073131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Grady, I never agree with you, but I agree with you there. Every day, we are reminded of why we are fighting the War on Terror, why we're sending 30,000 troops to Afghanistan.

All this talk about "blowback" and whatnot is hot air. The terrorists will hurt us whether we are "over there" or not.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

All this is, is some lonley wannabe man who sat on the internet too many times.

A recruiter heard he wanted to blow a plane up... so, he helped him. he told him how to make a bomb and said on your way.

Alqaeda? It is a wannabe who wanted his name in the paper and probably wanted to die purely because he's a loner, he has no gf.. no job who knows what.

Wasnt Alqaeda known for its multiple attacks?.. wasnt that its 'hallmark' ?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I agree that the terrorist threat is over rated and I don't think this particular incident was dangerous but it could have been something more. What if it was a test run for a larger operation? I think it could have been test of some kind and it shows that the airlines are still vulnerable. That is what I think should be looked at carefully.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

They're terrorists, do they usually have to follow what the analysts predict or rules of war? Must attack more than one target simultaneously? Must be suicide bombing only? Must yell Allah Akbar each time they attack?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Absolutely, the super intelligent Al Qaeda terrorist masterminds came up with this plan to test the Airline and Airport security so as to gauge their ability to pull off a real bombing in the future.

And of course they knew this test would fail to blow up the plane, and ordered the "terrorist" to proclaim himself Al Qaeda when captured.

Why would they "test" anything in this way?

You can't seriously believe that the same organization that pulled off the September 11 attacks are actually this stupid, can you?

Unless, they really are that stupid, and had nothing at all to do with 9/11.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
abc have updated their article. It now reads:

Emphasis added by me:

The suspect had been in a law enforcement-intelligence database but was *NOT* on the government's no-fly list, according to a law enforcement official.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

You can't seriously believe that the same organization that pulled off the September 11 attacks are actually this stupid, can you?

Unless, they really are that stupid, and had nothing at all to do with 9/11.

It's quite possible that the masterminds behind 9/11 are all dead, and the newer Al-Qaeda people have less technical methods to carry out attacks. Or they got lucky on 9/11.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

It would help to know if the device could have brought down the plane if it had worked correctly, or if there was no chance of an explosion other than the described firecracker "pop". That would help in figuring out if it was a test or not.

Did I say Al Qaeda? Thanks for putting so many words into my mouth. That was something I didn't ask for Christmas.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

Did I say Al Qaeda?

Nope, you didn't the guy who set his pants on fire did.

I assumed you knew that before you posted... My apologies.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey

relating fire works to terrorism is absurd

While all the facts are not in at this time, it appears that the would-be terrorist meant to use the fireworks (if that's what it was) as a detonator for the powdery substance that he was also carrying.

It should also be noted that the perpetrator suffered second and third degree burns from his escapade.

Regardless, it was his apparent intention to destroy the plane and all aboard.

Complacency is deadly.

[edit on 2009/12/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Those who would suggest that the war against terrorism is a waste need only to pay attention to these continued efforts to kill and maim innocents in the name of Islam.

It is as yet unclear how dangerous these explosives might have been, but it is is it just another reminder that the war against the US continues.

We can never let down our guard as history has shown.

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

im no pilot or explosives expert, but im jsut guessing any explosion ona plane midflight would havea less than desireable outcome.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I say it would be sooooo easy to set up a goober at an airport by sliping him something.....his crotch was on fire.

For all i know the poor shloop just happened to sit on THE WRONG SEAT in the airplane.

This is crap. Not even worth discussing.

A DIVERSION TO BRING ON MORE FEAR AND MORE ....you know i cant even talk about this one with a straight face...

BS.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

It may be neccessary for you to read about a subject before you speak about it. The United States did not attack Yemen. Yemen Military Forces attacked that group of misfits in their own country so we did not have too. For the record the Yemen Goverment has always been a friend to the United States People and will continue to fight the terrorist just as the US has had to fight terrorist. It is the sane world against the insane world...as usual people being they Christains or Muslim using God to to shed blood.

"The Yemeni government said it carried out airstrikes Thursday on a suspected gathering of al-Qaeda operatives"

Below are a couple of links to read...the Yemen people have just as many if not more problems with terroist than we do.

Read more: www.denverpost.com...

www.businessweek.com...

www.denverpost.com...

[edit on 12/25/2009 by DJMSN]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Let me ask you this when you got to an airport and you make yourself aware of the security and your assessment of it. What is your rating of their security from 1 to 10? 1 as poor easy to penetrate as a vagina or 10 as in unpenetrable.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I choose the vagina. Not easy to penetrate.

AND IF he was allowed with all the security measures worldwide to board this plane with firepower on him...SOMEBODY DROPPED THE BALL (NO PUN INTENDED), either that, or wink wink, he was allowed to board the plane armed for a purpose.

I dont believe diddly. Waited until the plane was almost landing and THEN self detonates????

Sure.

You people believe everything thats why we are headed towards a NWO, no thanks to geniuses like you and others.
Next they will nuke our own and you will say, oh thats ok, they had to because of all the terrorists...under beds, chairs, benches, .....I am sick of the whole terror thing and i have every right to be. Almost 9 years of this bs now?????

I dont mean to offend you but i do have my reasons: SICK AND TIRED of the BS.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Those who would suggest that the war against terrorism is a waste need only to pay attention to these continued efforts to kill and maim innocents in the name of Islam.

It is as yet unclear how dangerous these explosives might have been, but it is is it just another reminder that the war against the US continues.

abcnews.go.com

Oh yeah..totally agreed. Just as long as we can point out the continued efforts of Christianity to violently stamp out other religions and its historic connection with terrorism and war. You didn't really think the Muslims were waging war before the Christians INVENTED IT...DID YOU? Then there was that one little period called...THE CRUSADES.

And hey, Timothy McVeigh didn't turn out to be much of a joke did he??? That was one crazy Christian on a mission. Looks like he succeeded. Or lets not forget Hitler who represented the Catholic religion for a duration of his life. We could also mention all of the abortion clinic bombings or the lynching of thousands of blacks by good Christian folk trying to keep the world white...Unless of course it involves work. Let me explain that last statement there... Good White Christians are generally very lazy and self-centered people, therefore they like to hire from outside of the race (mexicans, blacks) for menial pay doing jobs that they themselves are not strong enough to do. Not that long ago, these good white Christian folk actually beat and raped their "employees" without giving them a dime for compensation. Now some "HISTORIANS" actually called it slavery, but you guys just called it maximizing profits. but hey,...semantics right?

Yep...that ALLAH character really sounds like a scary guy next to the kinder and more gentle Old Testament God that good white Christian folk worship.

Now, truth be known. I have nothing against real Christians who practice real Christianity. The real ones actually follow the 10 commandments. Now, in case you're unaware, the Ten Commandments is the set of parameters that the Old Testament God (Yahweh) handed out to Moses for the people to follow. And ironically, one of the more mainstream commandments that most anyone in the modern world can repeat is this one..."Thou shalt not kill." OOOOOPS. That one has been just a tad bit hard for much of the Christian population to digest. As a matter of fact, they just left that one open for "interpretation."

Isn't it weird that the old Testament God would make such a commandment at that time anyway? Because, if I remember correctly, the Old Testament God murdered by plagues, floods, killed thousands of first born children, and loved to play mind games with his most staunchest of followers. Remember that little joke that he played on Abraham??? Oh, I would have loved to have seen the look on Isaac's face when Abraham's (Isaac's father) knife was just about ready to plunge into his chest. PRICELESS. You even know what would have been more priceless? The look on Isaac's face when Abraham starts talking into thin air and then says..."OH, thank God. It was just a test. Isn't this wonderful Isaac, God was just testing me." If Isaac was a smart kid, that would have been the day that he moved out.

So, my point is this. Don't use the Islamic religion as a spouting point to rationalize your continued blood thirsts and addiction of fear because when you do, you only point out the weaknesses in your own convictions and beliefs.

Also, I want you to keep THIS in mind. At this point, the majority of the world actually believes that WE are the TERRORISTS because of our inherent need to pick wars with third world countries for the expressed purpose of jacking them of their natural resources and expanding the reaches of our empire. We're so hell bent on keeping this current direction that we are borrowing from our supposed "enemies" to sustain the economy, the wars, and our slowly dying prestige. Look around...things are caving in and its happening right before our eyes. Instead of pointing out our enemies and looking for the politically fabricated boogeyman, you might be more concerned with making some allies...no matter what religion.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

relating fire works to terrorism is absurd

There was a time not so long ago when we said the same thing about boxcutters.

i mean its already so bad one of the best candidates for president is actually a former professional wrestler (jesse ventura)

Now I see where you are coming from.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

"1 as poor easy to penetrate as a vagina"

Interesting way to put it, in fact given that terrorists have now used a new kind of explosive device inside of a body cavity...

www.cbsnews.com...

Inside a Saudi palace, the scene was the bloody aftermath of an al Qaeda attack in August aimed at killing Prince Mohammed Bin Nayef, head of Saudi Arabia's counter terrorism operations.

To get his bomb into this room, Abdullah Asieri, one of Saudi Arabia's most wanted men, avoided detection by two sets of airport security including metal detectors and palace security. He spent 30 hours in the close company of the prince's own secret service agents - all without anyone suspecting a thing.

How did he do it?

Taking a trick from the narcotics trade - which has long smuggled drugs in body cavities - Asieri had a pound of high explosives, plus a detonator inserted in his rectum.

This was a meticulously planned operation with al Qaeda once again producing something new: this time, the Trojan bomber.

The above bomber had no problems with airport security... Considering that U.S. airport security is not doing full rectal exams of every passenger as a part of their screening process, then when Al Qaeda does blow up a plane it will likely be a bomb inside someone's rectum that got passed "security".

Seriously, what more can they do?

How far do you want security to go?

Would you be willing to have your rectum inspected along with everyone else before you fly just to feel safer?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com

So some random wacko that tries to light a FIREWORK onboard a train validates the "war on terror" that takes more innocent lives than it saves?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join