It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attempts to Set Off Explosives on Plane

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
www.myeyewitnessnews.com...
"MEMPHIS, TN – Tonight, Mohamed Ibrahim is out after posting $100 bond. Earlier in the day, he was arrested after police say he walked into several Memphis businesses and threatened to blow them"

Like I said earlier, we are in a time in history when Islam is producing more and more terrorist threats and actions of violence. I still suggest vigilance.
They let this guy out on bond? Someone needs to watch him because terrorism doesn't just go away under Sharia Law.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Personaly I dont know why this became such a HUGE ordeal because you all and i know the very possible reasons for this why bother even disscusing this !! Here are a possible reasons I think for this incident

#1 a wacko trying to prove that airport security still blows and that people can still bring bombs aboard

#2 he was paid off and it was planned by the ELITE to scare us even further and create another distraction

yea its horrible but i think there are more pressing issues
anyway this is what i think

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

So people need to be watched tdo they. So who says who needs to be watched, by perving paedophiles, watching kids in there homes and baths.

Who gets to say who gets on a watch list, oh yep i forgot as long as you are not watched 24/7 who cares, lol.

this system is just for a bunch of murderers within the anglo american society to kill and torture any person they want, without any proof of anything, they just make it all up.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
news.bbc.co.uk...

He had excelled in Islamic scholarship at the British school and gained a reputation for preaching to other students, said Mr Rimmer.

Mr Rimmer said his former student had always been "very religious" and occasionally aired opinions which were "a bit over the top".

"In 2001 we had a number of class discussions about the Taliban. All the other Muslim kids in the class thought they were just a bunch of nutters, but Umar spoke in their defence," said Mr Rimmer.

But he assumed Mr Abdulmutallab was "just playing devil's advocate, trying to keep the discussion going".

This quote bothers me that it dooesn't get more attention.
"In 2001 we had a number of class discussions about the Taliban. All the other Muslim kids in the class thought they were just a bunch of nutters, but Umar spoke in their defence."

omg, i must totally be on some type of uber watch list by now- i have spoken in defense of some bad, BAD people and organizations in the past. is there a separate list for defense attorneys?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by JJay55

So people need to be watched tdo they. So who says who needs to be watched, by perving paedophiles, watching kids in there homes and baths.

Who gets to say who gets on a watch list, oh yep i forgot as long as you are not watched 24/7 who cares, lol.

this system is just for a bunch of murderers within the anglo american society to kill and torture any person they want, without any proof of anything, they just make it all up.

Jez, in case you hasn't noticed, yes people need to be watched because they endanger others because they are not responsible for following laws.

I would appreciate someone watching out for me and jumping on a guy with his balls on fire in a plane. That guy was watching.
I would appreciate someone calling the police because there is a man in Memphis yelling "jihad" in a mall.
I would appreciate someone noticing that there is a guy in Ft Hood with a powerpoint presentation that says he's going to kill non-muslims.
That's what watching is.

Have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletNyx

That is a very curious quote. Not only does it show us that, apparently, a good cross section of educated, worldly Muslims think that the Taliban are simply crazy, but this could also show Abdulmutallab's mental health. Quite simply, if he was active in the Taliban, like any other good secret group in the world he would be chastised for speaking out, even in a school setting. Since him speaking out would attract attention to their cause, especially in a post 9-11 world where anything extremist is looked at suspiciously. However, since he did speak out, one can assume that there was nothing "keeping him in check" from voicing his own opinions.

This is just my two cents worth, but the man just sounds like he has attached his own beliefs onto the facade of something much more greater than him, leading him to act while thinking this group that he has never heard of will reward him in some bizarre way. Please tell me I am making some sort of sense!

so all people speaking in defense of, say, Hitler must be mental? cant they have other possible reasons? he used to be God in the eyes of some of his contrymen back in his days. some of our politicians are too in the eyes of our own countrymen who elected them...who`s to say they wont be deemed evil later in history? oh the propaganda machine of the west. many so called terrorist organizations might be fighting for the cause that`s good in their eyes. unless we hear straight form the mouth of the horse we dont know.

(i hope i wont get arrested for voicing my opinion)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by JJay55

Jez, in case you hasn't noticed, yes people need to be watched because they endanger others because they are not responsible for following laws.

I would appreciate someone watching out for me and jumping on a guy with his balls on fire in a plane. That guy was watching.
I would appreciate someone calling the police because there is a man in Memphis yelling "jihad" in a mall.
I would appreciate someone noticing that there is a guy in Ft Hood with a powerpoint presentation that says he's going to kill non-muslims.
That's what watching is.

Have a nice day.

hey my dog is going to hire his own detective to watch you 24/7 for indefinite time. he somehow feels you are bad. good thing he can afford it. the detective agrees on taking pics thru your windows, going thru your trash, following your car and you everywhere, telling people that you might be dangerous...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by marsvolta

Mr Marsvolta, if you and your dog aren't a first responder then you probably aren't of much value. There are however, those who know what to look for to save those who think this all is one big joke. If you have something to add to this thread I highly encourage it. Derailing is not a contribution. For instance:

news.yahoo.com...
"PHOENIX – Two men thought to have been acting suspicious aboard a flight bound for Phoenix were detained and questioned by federal anti-terrorism authorities before they were released, the FBI said Sunday.

Transportation Security Administration officials said passengers aboard U.S. Airways Flight 192 from Orlando, Fla., on Saturday night reported that two men, described as Middle Eastern, were acting strangely and talking loudly to each other in a foreign language.

A nearby passenger also observed one of men watching what appeared to be footage of a suicide bombing, but was actually a scene from the 2007 movie "The Kingdom." The man also got up from his seat while the seat belt warning sign was still lit, FBI spokesman Manuel Johnson said."

This is hiraba. Muslims sticking up for the would be plane bomber by making a distraction to claim "Islamophobia". These men will cause more passenger delays and more stress on workers who are trying to get people through security, overworked airline employees, and many others who have to deal with their lack of respect for US LAW.

Meanwhile CAIR jumps in with "profiling" and other "racism" claims as another act of hiraba to cause more stress on a system that is only trying to save lives and keep peace. What does that tell you?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I'd still like to know how this guy 'abdul' managed to board a flight first in LAOS and then AMSTERDAM if he was supposedly being watched?

How did security forces let this guy through?

Surely they would have taken him out before he even boarded the plane in LAOS let alone AMSTERDAM...

Anyhow it seems a new type of explosives is in progress and also more radicalisation in Nigeria and other country's.... i'm sorry to say but it is now time to deport any foreignors who are mixing with dodgy characters or being brainwashed into becoming Muslim.... you can say what ya like but the fact remains that it is Muslims who are causing problems for the rest of us.... you can say what ya like in terms of 'you are prejudice' or whatever but it's a plain fact in front of everyone's eyes....

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Umaru Mutallab The suspects father.

Alhaji Umaru Mutallab (born December 15, 1939) is a Nigerian business and banking leader, and former government minister. He played a major role in introducing Islamic banking into Nigeria. He is a former chairman of First Bank, Nigeria’s ex-Federal Commissioner for Economic Development, and one of the richest men in Africa; the family lives in Funtua, in the state of Katsina in Muslim north Nigeria.[

He also helped bring Islamic banking Michigan "University Bank". Stephen Lange Ranzini at age 23 was given a loan from Bank One to buy out a bank and make it a Islamic Bank. Islamic Bankingrefers to a system of banking or banking activity that is consistent with the principles of Islamic law (Sharia) and its practical application through the development of Islamic economics. Sharia prohibits the payment or acceptance of interest fees for the lending and accepting of money respectively, (Riba, usury) for specific terms, as well as investing in businesses that provide goods or services considered contrary to its principles (Haraam, forbidden). While these principles were used as the basis for a flourishing economy in earlier times, it is only in the late 20th century that a number of Islamic banks were formed to apply these principles to private or semi-private commercial institutions within the Muslim community.

University Bank ordered by FDIC to improve banking practices

University Bank in Ann Arbor was ordered by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. and the Michigan Office of Financial Insurance Regulation to take steps to improve its banking and management practices.

The FDIC last Friday released a list of 45 administrative enforcement actions taken during February against banks and individuals, including University Bank. Included in the actions were 21 orders to cease and desist in unsound banking practices and 10 civil money penalties.

University Bank waived its right to a hearing and entered into a consent agreement on Feb. 6 with the FDIC and OFIR, according to the 40-page order to cease and desist. Under the agreement, the bank did not admit or deny the charges of unsafe or unsound banking practices.

Some of the 15 charges included inadequate supervision by the board of directors, ineffective internal controls, high levels of adversely criticized assets, inadequate earnings and unacceptable levels of interest rate risk.

And don't forget Men listed by EFCC to have looted so much money in Nigeria still celebrated as leaders

THE Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC) released the names of 56 Nigerians it alleged collectively removed over N243 billion from the nation’s treasury.

The names, some of which the EFCC lame dock Chairman, Mrs. Farida Waziri, referred to as politically revered people in the international community, were contained in a list handed over to the leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), as the EFCC and NLC claim to commenced their strategic partnership to intensify the fight against corruption in the country.

The list contained names of well-known politicians, former governors, ministers, permanent secretaries, civil servants, chairmen and members of parastatal agencies, local government chairmen, members of the House of Representatives and senators.

The EFCC boss had, visited the Labour House, Abuja, where she briefed the NLC leadership led by its president, Comrade Abdulwaheed Omar, and revealed that a strategic meeting would soon be held with NLC to formally signal the beginning of their new partnership.

Lending credence to the statement by Mrs. Waziri, during the meeting, that some Nigerians were stealing in billions, the money stolen ranged from N10 million to N100 billion.

According to the list, only eight of the suspects allegedly stole in millions; 17 of them were alleged, by the EFCC to have stolen in billions, while the amounts allegedly stolen by others were not specified.

So I just wonder how much of a respected business man this guy is and don't forget Albert "Jack" Stanley a former KBR chief executive officer, pleaded guilty in September to charges stemming from a scheme to pay $180 million in bribes to Nigerian government officials for work on the Bonny Island LNG plant.

Stanley, who had worked under Dick Cheney when he headed Halliburton, agreed to cooperate with U.S. investigators probing Halliburton's potential violations of the FCPA.

Halliburton Co will pay a $559 million fine to end an investigation of its former KBR Inc unit if the U.S. government approves the settlement, the largest penalty against a U.S. company for charges of bribery under federal law.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

reply to post by marsvolta

Mr Marsvolta, if you and your dog aren't a first responder then you probably aren't of much value. There are however, those who know what to look for to save those who think this all is one big joke. If you have something to add to this thread I highly encourage it. Derailing is not a contribution. For instance:

news.yahoo.com...
"PHOENIX – Two men thought to have been acting suspicious aboard a flight bound for Phoenix were detained and questioned by federal anti-terrorism authorities before they were released, the FBI said Sunday.

Transportation Security Administration officials said passengers aboard U.S. Airways Flight 192 from Orlando, Fla., on Saturday night reported that two men, described as Middle Eastern, were acting strangely and talking loudly to each other in a foreign language.

A nearby passenger also observed one of men watching what appeared to be footage of a suicide bombing, but was actually a scene from the 2007 movie "The Kingdom." The man also got up from his seat while the seat belt warning sign was still lit, FBI spokesman Manuel Johnson said."

This is hiraba. Muslims sticking up for the would be plane bomber by making a distraction to claim "Islamophobia". These men will cause more passenger delays and more stress on workers who are trying to get people through security, overworked airline employees, and many others who have to deal with their lack of respect for US LAW.

Meanwhile CAIR jumps in with "profiling" and other "racism" claims as another act of hiraba to cause more stress on a system that is only trying to save lives and keep peace. What does that tell you?

nomainal contribution by posting some MSM site`s article is not all that bad. Yahoo`s crediblity is very doubtful tho. "thread derailing" and "trolling" are easy "argument" also. i can speak for myself- i am on here to escape MSM really. i dont need that types of artciles. they are plastered all over the net. there`s no channel on TV or radio who arent babbling about the same. great job.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I'd still like to know how this guy 'abdul' managed to board a flight first in LAOS and then AMSTERDAM if he was supposedly being watched?

How did security forces let this guy through?

I'm sure this wasn't the first series of flights that this guy took. This time of year is the busiest, easy to slip by security if that is the plan. Of course we won't know how many more people were detained because that's not public information.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
80 grams of PETN is not a firecracker. I don't know if it would have brought the plane down because I haven't seen a seat chart showing where he was seated. I'm sure that it would have killed or severely injured everybody with in about 10 feet of him. PETN needs a blasting cap to set it off. This guy was trying to mix a chemical with the PETN that would let him set it off by igniteing it. He ended up with a low order detonation (the so called firecracker) and a fire.

50 grams PETN

Note what the shockwave does to the camera.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by JIMC5499]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by marsvolta
so all people speaking in defense of, say, Hitler must be mental? cant they have other possible reasons? he used to be God in the eyes of some of his contrymen back in his days. some of our politicians are too in the eyes of our own countrymen who elected them...who`s to say they wont be deemed evil later in history? oh the propaganda machine of the west. many so called terrorist organizations might be fighting for the cause that`s good in their eyes. unless we hear straight form the mouth of the horse we dont know.

(i hope i wont get arrested for voicing my opinion)

Too complex for you to comprehend I expect - discussing Hitler in a positive light or something similar is not a problem. Advocating, encouraging, approving the systematic murder of innocent people is when you cross the line.

What amazes me on threads like this is the contortions people go through avoiding the fact that this guy was trying to murder as many people as he could.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Most importantly, like Aeons says, the ego of AQ will not take a defeat in stride, instead they will re-arm and try again until they reach the goal of achieving the 5th phase of a distinct plan to destroy America. That means in 2010 that it's possible an attack on a dozen cities will bring us to our knees begging Islam to rescue us and we will all convert because a defeated minority must do that. That's the only way the million Americans left will be able to survive.
That's the mindset of AQ (Saudi and the 57 OIC countries that is dar ul Islam).

Those that are taking notice understand this:
abcnews.go.com...
"Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, charged with the attempted Christmas Day bombing of Northwest Airlines flight 253, told FBI agents there were more just like him in Yemen who would strike soon. "

Everyone up on the signs and signals?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been mentioned already,but some reports are saying that the potential bomber(with the fancy pants)did not have a passport and had help to avoid having to show it:

Flight 253 passenger: Sharp-dressed man aided terror suspect Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab onto plane without passport

Haskell said he and his wife were sitting on the ground near their boarding gate in Amsterdam, which is when they saw Mutallab approach the gate with an unidentified man. Kurt and Lori Haskell are attorneys with Haskell Law Firm in Taylor. Their expertise includes bankruptcy, family law and estate planning. While Mutallab was poorly dressed, his friend was dressed in an expensive suit, Haskell said. He says the suited man asked ticket agents whether Mutallab could board without a passport. “The guy said, 'He's from Sudan and we do this all the time.'” Mutallab is Nigerian. Haskell believes the man may have been trying to garner sympathy for Mutallab's lack of documents by portraying him as a Sudanese refugee.

www.mlive.com...

With the above and the fact this goon should never have been allowed to fly to the US with all the prior knowledge,the case becomes very weird-he should never have got through security!!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The Dutch cops are on the case...I suggest they look into Nigerian airport workers,and check diplomatic movements if possible.

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Dutch military police are investigating the possibility that an accomplice may have helped the Nigerian man accused of trying to blow up a flight from Amsterdam to Detroit on Christmas Day, a spokesman said on Monday.
A U.S. couple on the flight, Kurt and Lori Haskell, told Reuters and other news agencies that they saw a tall, well-dressed man aged about 50 with the suspect Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab on Friday morning at Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport.

af.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

That's what CAIR is jumping on now. They are trying to drum up sympathy for poor muslims who are being profiled and allowed to board a plane with some pathetic story about no passport.

Meanwhile a couple of muslims disrupted another flight for the same reason. Sympathy. Don't be fooled, this is a tactic of jihad and hiraba.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Of course there are other operatives that assist in these missions. They are not lone psychos. 911 took hundreds to plan, train and pull off. AQ will not cease. 2010 will escalate and it's time the American public become educated about this danger.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join