It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attempts to Set Off Explosives on Plane

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Forgive me, but what the hell are you talking about?

Are you just making all this up?

Stop fear mongering! You're unbelieveable. I seriously hope you're being sarcastic with your post about reporting suspicious people.

You don't live in Nazi Germany! I imagine you'd be the kind of person to report a neighbour to the Gestapo.

Be alert, but don't be paranoid. The way you're going on, all Americans might as well get into bed and hide under the covers!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
the latest in the paper said that he used the same stuff as that guy who tried to blow up the plane with his shoe. He had it strapped to his leg, said he didn't feel good, was in the bathroom for awhile, came back to his seat.

He then put a blanket on his lap, shortly after noise and smoke.

It's not a normal reaction to sit on a plane with smoke coming out of your lap and just sit there, no wonder that passenger tackled him thinking some kind of bomb was gonna go off

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Theres now a new flight from Amersterdam to Detroit being surrounded by fire trucks and investagated. So far there only saying unruley passenger. On CNN. New incident has same flight number as previous incident. 253

I beleive the same day the first incident happened they had a flight from Amersterdam to Detroit where a passenger was detained for throwing food at ther passengers from the rear of the plane.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Theres now a new flight from Amersterdam to Detroit being surrounded by fir trucks and investagated. So far there only saying unruley passenger. On CNN.

I beleive the same day the first incident happened they had a flight from Amersterdam to Detroit where a passenger was detained for throwing food from the rear of the plane.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by JBA2848]

Exact same flight. Apparently a passenger spent close to an hour in the Rest Room and became abusive when asked to come out. Something is up here...possibly monitoring the movements of crew, passengers and emergency responders?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Link for this story ^

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Maybe he had Explosive diarrhoea?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yep,Sky news have it on the ticker as well,Nigerian man arrested they say.
Wonder if he has any explosives?

Same flight...theres clever.

[edit on 27/12/2009 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
There seem to be many contradictions and anomolies in this issue.

"Suddenly, we hear a bang. It sounded like a firecracker went off. I saw smoke rising from a seat ... I didn’t hesitate. I just jumped," he told The New York Post.
"I pulled the object from him and tried to extinguish the fire with my hands and threw it away," he then told CNN.

www.mlive.com...

What object? Isn't the official line that he had an explosive substance sewn into his undercrackers, activated by a syringe of liquid?

The story above would seem to suggest otherwise, unless this gentleman ripped off the alleged bombers underwear! No mean feat if he still had his trousers on at the time!
So much just doesn't add up.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Based on what I have read, the object was the syringe.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I heard the "object" on sky described as a "bottle" first-maybe it then became what we are now told was the syringe?!
Who knows.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hmm so we have a new incident - we need a new thread.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I am wondering about the intelligence of terrorists.

You see PETN is a highly powerful explosive, really very nasty stuff and yet he set it off in the most stupid way possible. Why didn't he go to the bathroom, take his underwear off, roll it into a ball and then ignite it? Why not put it in some kind of compressed form, like tablets instead of powder, which could be removed from the underwear, packed together and then carried back to his seat, in his hand and ignited all at once?

I am not hoping he succeeded only wondering why these people are so uttely incompetent! Seriously i could design a device far more deadly and easily concealable. For any of you nice web trawlers working on behalf of the intelligence services trawling websites for data i have no intention of doing this only pointing out this guy was an absolute moron.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If this turns out to be connected,It gives credence to my earlier theory that bribery was involved to allow people through the checks.
In Holland though maybe-I thought Lagos at first.Maybe both.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

what the hell... this all stinks... wonder who this guy will turn out to be, what nationality i mean, what will authorities find... wtc etc.. crazy sh*t

also i wonder if since perhaps "flight 253" was targeted twice, if there is any signifigance associated with the number 253...

A disruptive Nigerian passenger caused the pilot of the same Amsterdam-to-Detroit flight targeted by a Nigerian bomber Christmas Day to declare an emergency Sunday.

www.nydailynews.com...

according to that article, this new "disruption" was caused by another Nigerian man...

[edit on 27-12-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

www.cbsnews.com...

There were reports that the man detained was also Nigerian.

but not sure.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
'Nothing found on the plane' according to BBC

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Turns out the US Government knew of a threat 4 days a. of the Christmas Day attack.

www.myfoxdetroit.com...

Al-Qaida in Yemen Threatened US
Updated: Sunday, 27 Dec 2009, 12:32 PM EST
Published : Sunday, 27 Dec 2009, 12:32 PM EST

By JOSEF FEDERMAN, Associated Press Writer

CAIRO - An Al-Qaida operative in Yemen threatened the United States and said "we are carrying a bomb" in a video posted online four days before the botched Christmas Day attempt to blow up a Northwest Airlines flight.

The video does not contain any clear evidence that the speaker was anticipating Friday's attempt, but it has attracted scrutiny because of reports that the bombing plot may have originated in Yemen.

The 23-year-old Nigerian man accused in the attack claimed he received training and instructions from al-Qaida operatives there, U.S. law enforcement officials said, and a key American lawmaker has said there are "strong suggestions" of a Yemen connection.

In a Dec. 21 video, the al-Qaida operative delivered a eulogy for militants killed in a Yemeni airstrike on a militant training camp four days earlier. The speaker said he had no agenda against Yemeni soldiers, but warned them against cooperating with Americans.

"We are carrying a bomb to hit the enemies of God," the speaker says.

"O soldiers, you should learn that we do not want to fight you, nor do we have an issue with you. We only have an issue with America and its agents, and beware of standing in the ranks of America," he says. "You should not defend these regimes. The soldiers and even Obama cannot put out the light of Islam."

The video was posted on extremist Web sites affiliated with al-Qaida. The Web sites identified the speaker as Mohammed al-Kalwi, an al-Qaida activist reportedly killed in another airstrike on Thursday.

The video showed the bearded militant, wearing a a .dress and green military-style jacket over a long Arab robe, addressing a group of armed followers as he stood atop a car. The followers repeatedly interrupted the fiery address with calls of "God is great."

more at link...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Another example of the PASSENGERS thwarting a terror attack. Regardless of rules or guidelines there will NOT be another airline attack in the US without a fight. The PASSENGERS will not allow it. On 9-11 it was made very clear that in such a situation inaction = certain death. There will be several people out of the 200-300 people on each flight that will "risk it" taking the bad guy down rather than sit and await their doom.

Before when a plane was hijacked there was a solid chance of the passengers getting out alive by cooperating...but now? Not happening and everyone who owns a tv set knows it. All I have to say is good luck hijacking another plane here.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Terror suspect out of hospital, held at undisclosed location

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by americanwoman

What you say is admirable, and I'd like to think it was true.

However with regard to Flight 93 it is by no means certain what actually happened that day.

Rumsfeld let slip that the plane was shot down with a missile which contradicts the OS.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Many thanks for dealing with the moron on that one, lol I wasnt able to return soon enough to do so!

Why would the government want to control people?! said as if they arent at this very second, and havent been doing so since..well.. ever.. sorry, still in stiches over it, but reading JJs other posts, Theres no real point in trying to tell people like himself anything, or even trying to get them to just look at a different point of view openly is not going to happen..
But yeah JJ, you have been nicely indoctrinated exactly the way those in CONTROL and power want you and all the other 'bottom feeders' (ie-us) to be.. so good job with that. you should be ever so proud.

Its the same attitude that others i have met have 'if i am following the rules, being good' etc TPTB have no reason to bother me or look into personal life aspects. I once thought similar..only thankfully to realize otherwise..
On another note; the emerging story of the OP topic is getting more and more interesting..and more and more smelly..

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join