It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attempts to Set Off Explosives on Plane

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacATK18
reply to post by MacATK18

I would rather not bring them down by exposing them to your venom. Even if I did, they would simply refer to you as confused and leave it at that. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU, NOT EVEN ENOUGH TO KILL YOU, SORRY.

Mac, did you read my last post, where the father was worried about his sons extremist leanings and even warned them about it?

What does this tell you?

[edit on 073131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The man that “tackled” this terrorist and then started talking to the media like he had done it all his life instantly raised my suspicions as a “government” worker in some capacity.

If you assume the government is lying about everything then after a while all you see are lies. I really hope the bomber was a real terrorist (strange thing to say I know).

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

reply to post by JJay55

UHHH did you not just infer that all muslims are driven by a violent ideology? Funny, cause I've been around muslims all my life and I'm a Caucasian male and I've never experienced ANY violence.

May as well relax, you'll get nowhere fast with this line of thought.

People like this only see "Muslims" therefore all must be bad, they don't see the diversity within the faith of Islam, the sects and the extremists, radicals or "fundamentalists" ... Like the Mormon faith for example, most are good people but all are associated with sects that are known pedophiles, have multiple wives, dress weird and do all kinds of odd stuff... So all Mormons must be crazy as well right?

And all Catholics are pedophiles too right?

There are well over a BILLION Muslims in our world, if they were all terrorists we really would have a problem, wouldn't we?

The actions of a few seem to always identify everyone else, especially when it comes to religion and faith.... especially when one is completely ignorant to that faith or religion... It is easier to assume that all Muslims are prone to violence and terrorism than it is to attempt to understand Islam, and why the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful, wonderful human beings who mean no one or no thing any harm.

Perhaps there should be a war on Ignorance!

It would likely do more for world peace than the war on terrorism has.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
The man that “tackled” this terrorist and then started talking to the media like he had done it all his life instantly raised my suspicions as a “government” worker in some capacity.

If you assume the government is lying about everything then after a while all you see are lies. I really hope the bomber was a real terrorist (strange thing to say I know).

I was thinking about this last night, there is most definitely terrorist, and for some reason some jump to discount every terrorist act.

That's not good either,

adding ,

what pushes someone to the brink, how does one evolve from a peaceful Muslim to a radical, they are learning it.

[edit on 073131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67

Ever hear of Marshals? There is a reason they are on planes. Since he was exposed he now has to go into retirement if that's the case. He'll probably get a nice pension.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Not unlike the Fort Hood thing, in this respect, because some people tried to warn on him, too.

One article I found stated the US did not feel he was much of a threat, so they placed him on the watch list, but not the Do Not Fly list.

Perhaps the next time a dad does something like this dad did, someone will pay a bit closer attention. His dad really stuck his neck out doing this though, dad may not live for much longer.

Once again, it sadly appears the PC problem rears its ugly head.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Yes I have heard of Marshals and I never connected the dots in that regard until I read your post.

Thanks for the heads-up, I should have assumed the “hero” was a Marshal rather than CIA black ops and that probably means I have been reading ATS for too long which is not a fun realisation.

Good catch thanks for bringing me back to earth, I am actually relived that there is a rational and innocent explanation to the bells that started ringing on seeing this man in the media.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Perhaps the next time a dad does something like this dad did, someone will pay a bit closer attention. His dad really stuck his neck out doing this though, dad may not live for much longer.

Once again, it sadly appears the PC problem rears its ugly head.

I really feel bad for the dad, he wanted to save his son, I imagine.

Yes, he did stick his neck way out.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The implausibility of the entire scenario and the way information has come to light tells me only one thing and that is that this is a bunch of BS.
The funny thing is, I'm not trying to bring you guys down (although it may seem that way). Actually just the opposite, I'm trying to bring you up to a point where you aren't afraid of every muslim. I can't imagine what it's like to live with so much fear and I feel bad for people who subject themselves to it. I don't blame the MSM, this BS has been going on for 10 years at least and I'm sure for longer, and if people prefer to leave the blinders on well that is their own fault and I suppose they deserve to live in fear of their own shadows.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MacATK18

Yeah unfortunately no one is afraid of muslims. No one is living in fear. This isn't a matter of a bunch of people running scared of muslims. But that is another myth that some people believe which is... kind of silly.

However, there is an element of Islam that is pumping out terrorists because of the ideology. Still not scary, just a fact of life.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Jordan River

CIA can be looked at in two ways. Central Intelligence Agency / Christians In Action. Lets look at right wing Black Water "christian based"? Can you see why people might hate Black Water in other countries? In other countries they don't call them Black Water they call them Americans.

We hacked up enough Islams during the crusades perhaps this is just revenge.
Look paid mercenaries aren't going to open my eyes to this. I hope we can keep this modern

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Jordan River]

Err, the Ottoman empire hacked back more than a few Christians. Check your history before being myopic.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by WatchRider]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Oh well.

I have beach filled with beautiful Balinese women to get to. Come to think of, keep your unfounded fears - more for me

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

The implausibility of the entire scenario and the way information has come to light tells me only one thing and that is that this is a bunch of BS.
The funny thing is, I'm not trying to bring you guys down (although it may seem that way). Actually just the opposite, I'm trying to bring you up to a point where you aren't afraid of every muslim. I can't imagine what it's like to live with so much fear and I feel bad for people who subject themselves to it. I don't blame the MSM, this BS has been going on for 10 years at least and I'm sure for longer, and if people prefer to leave the blinders on well that is their own fault and I suppose they deserve to live in fear of their own shadows.

I am not afraid Mac,

But the farther of this man tried to warn the authorities.

Apparently the father knew his son was in trouble, he was afraid.

So what do you think about the father?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
www.channelnewsasia.com...

A Nigerian man who tried to blow up a Detroit-bound plane on Christmas Day has confessed to training with an Al-Qaeda bombmaker in Yemen, security officials told the US media on Saturday

man this absolutely is beggining to reek of false flag government bullsh*t

all of a sudden Yemen is getting lots of us attention arent they...

[edit on 26-12-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Wow, what a thread!

24 hours later, on a road trip, driving through that white, slippery global warming stuff in Oklahoma and stopping for the night to find this thread has grown into a monster!

Great distraction for the masses, media and especially ATS... Couldn't have planned a better diversion eh?

Now you all know the secret to having a great thread on ATS, find some fool, get him to set his pants on fire on a plane, or in a public place and then shout "AL QAEDA" ... It would help if you can get the media to sensationalize the whole thing, and have the FBI and CIA play along.

Breaking News: A man has been arrested at Chicago O'hare for attempting to ignite a powdery substance on a doughnut, FBI, CIA and secret service along with local officials and airport security are investigating to see if there are any links to Al Qaeda, or whether it was an act of international terrorism. The man appears to be Middle Eastern according to witnesses, and was somehow able to create a flame with chopsticks obtained from a chinese source inside the secured food court area, workers in the food court have also been detained and are being questioned at this hour. All flights in and out of O'hare are suspended until officials are satisfied that it is safe to resume flights.

Chopsticks! What news outlet reported that? Chopsticks my asterisk! They were nunchucks and the source was Japanese. You'd think somebody was making this crap up.

PS Hey Walks, stop posting to ATS while you're driving through a blizzard. We know you're good, just put down the mouse until you park in sub-arctic OK. OK?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think its all b/s to me! The gov't is controlling that just to show us Obama is doing the right thing by sending more troops over.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
How did the guy who jumped the suspect know he was planning to blow up the plane? He said he knew the guy was on fire, but since when does being on fire mean you're blowing up a plane? Also, how was he able to pull this off by himself?

[edit on 26-12-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I know that for some of you, it is impossible to expect that you would understand the severity of the latest terrorism attempt.

However, for those of you who are rational and have simply made judgements based on the available information, here's something to chew on.

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, who claimed to be acting on orders from al-Qaida to blow up a NWA plane, apparently carried on PETN explosive onto Northwest flight 253.

What is PETN?

Pentaerythritol tetranitrate (PETN) is one of the most powerful high explosives known.

The most obvious use of PETN is as an explosive. It is more sensitive to shock or friction than TNT or tetryl, and it is never used alone.

Valued for its shattering force and efficiency, PETN explosive is the least stable of the common military explosives but retains its properties in storage for longer periods than nitroglycerin or cellulose nitrate (nitrocellulose) does.

www.examiner.com... in-condom

So, there was no firecracker, even if that is how the sound of the explosion was described. There were no doughnuts or any of the nonsense that some have tried to interject into this discussion.

As the facts unravel in this case, it seems that a radicalized young muslim was brought to the attention of the authorities by his own father. Before he coud be fully investigated, he managed to get one of the most explosive materials aboard an airplane bound for the US and during the approach to Detroit, he ignited this material, burning himself and setting fire to the airplane.

When he was apprehended, he admitted having trained with al Qaeda prior to taking on this endeavor.

If this scenario is funny to you or if you think that the US is behind this, then I would guess that you are hopeless.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
How did the guy who jumped the suspect know he was planning to blow up the plane? He said he knew the guy was on fire, but since when does being on fire mean you're blowing up a plane? Also, how was he able to pull this off by himself?

How does a guy get on fire on an airplane making an approach to an airport?

Have you ever been on a commercial flight?

Do you think he was lighting a campfire?

Do you think he was cold and thought his burning clothing would keep him warm?

Have you read any other articles or watched any news reports regarding this story?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

WOW

OK MODS

So it's ok for this JJAY character to label every muslim on planet earth a terrorist and murderous swine yet when I call her a moron for making such a delusional and outlandish claim - backing it up with my personal experience and situation - you delete my post? Why don't you go back and delete every one of her racist remarks?
JUST A TAD SUSPICIOUS

Perhaps I could have been nicer about it but labeling half my family as terrorists pissed me off.

I can now see first hand why some others have left this site......

MacATK18, this is a volatile subject and I read your post. You have a personal stake in the labeling and felt insulted no doubt. There's a lot of subjectivity here and the Mods are people too and they bring their own frailties and subjectivity to this. If you follow pro football or basketball, the guy that throws the first elbow rarely gets "flagged" by the refs.

If you can post without the personal attack, even if warranted, you'll maintain the high ground and take the subjectivity out of it for the Mods. A tough thing to do and I can't relate as I was not insulted. I have been "disciplined" for posts that I did not think were inflammatory though and my first response was WTF? The reason I'm responding to your post is that I think the thread is better for having you contribute. Just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join