learn more

Man Attempts to Set Off Explosives on Plane

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TwoPhish

I agree this smells like a honey pot bait story, what are they after? Questions like how does someone on a no fly list get explosives through the detectors? Maybe as the story unfolds, we will see how they steer the plot.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Maybe he got his inspiration from this Al Kaida video on youtube?

Yep, I bet that is it.... Youtube should be sued, its their fault.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

Well, given the fact that fireworks and matches, etc, are prohibited on commercial airliners, maybe it was a test run.

Not only did they get them onboard, but they lit them off.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Whoever is advocating the necessity of the PATRIOT Act and our control methods for the War on Terror from this report, you make me sick.

The man was on the no-fly list, and "Al-Qaeda Connected, Maybe". Yet he gets on the plane anyway, even after all the years of extreme BS the general public has had to put up with. Is this another, "What's it going to take to feel safe?", exactly how much crap do we have to put up with and how many extremely botched events do we have to see before all the retards of the country stop demanding more "War on Terror"?

Seriously, phuck all of you. You make me sick. Go die in Iraq or Afghanistan and get the phuck out of my country with your "security demands" and neo-conservative values, you phucking ignorant traitors. Scum of the country.

It's never enough for you people, is it? You always find some BS way to defend our newly founded USSA. Living in your own little world amongst your neo-con peers doesn't suffice, does it? You have to piss all over everyone's lives, demanding more, more, more. More government, more restrictions, more infringements of the constitution.

Why aren't you people in Iraq risking your life for your country? Instead of just running your mouths and making everyone miserable?

[edit on 25-12-2009 by SyphonX]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Oh this is hilarious, first they report he was ON the NOFLY list then, within hours, they say he was not on said 'magic' list. Don't want to piss of the muslim-in-chief!

He was instructed by AlQaeda to do so??? Huh, why a small device? To get everyone nervous? To test our defenses? Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I heard it was firecracker rather than an explosive device, although I suppose firecrackers can be considered explosive.

I wonder how he got them on board anyway, fireceackers arent supposed to be allowed on aircraft

news.ninemsn.com.au...

No doubt , when the CIA gave him the firecracker , they also made sure he would not be held up needlessly by pesky custom checks , and acted accordingly to rectify that small problem.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
In the least bit of disrespect you are a example of why we keep losing our rights everyday in America to fear mongering bullsh** put out by the government.

I think you are an extremely confused person.

I'm responsible for what, exactly?

How high would those odds be if we were not as vigilant as we are?

How much do those odds rise when a terrorist is on your plane?

You're lucky I guess that your view of reality is so out of focus.

[edit on 2009/12/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Countdown to the invasion of Nigeria.
They are a oil producing country.

The biggest problem with the no fly list is it only applys in countries like the EU, UK, US, AU,

Many third world countries don't care, don't have, or even check a no fly list.

Some of these third world countries are likely to export there criminals/radicals just to get rid of them.

Cuba did that 20 years ago by sending them to the US during the Mariel Boatlift
they cleaned out a number of prisons that way.

Some 800-900 Cuban criminals were pushed into the United States by Fidel Castro in 1980 (as part of the Mariel Boatlift), and have been in detention ever since. Following their initial detention, these criminals were granted immigration parole into the United States by the INS. While on immigration parole, each of them was convicted of, and sentenced for, violations of state or federal law ranging from attempted murder to trafficking in coc aine to petty theft. After they were released from their imprisonment for these offenses, their immigration parole was revoked on the basis of their convictions. The problem has been that Castro has refused to take them, notwithstanding a formal immigration agreement between the Castro regime and the Clinton Administration.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

What is the point of listing the odds of various events? Especially when the only relevant event, the terrorist event, did actually happen today?

I mean, I just don't see the point?

And yes, igniting fireworks on a commercial airliner *is* a terrorist act.

Those who would suggest that the war against terrorism is a waste need only to pay attention to these continued efforts to kill and maim innocents in the name of Islam.

It is as yet unclear how dangerous these explosives might have been, but it is is it just another reminder that the war against the US continues.

We can never let down our guard as history has shown.

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.

Grady Philpott, you are absolutely correct.

relating fire works to terrorism is absurd

plain and simple, we have gone completely overboard and insane with this terrorism word

now everything and everyones a terrorist

everythings a threat, dear god if the cold war was now we would all be dead or breathing in radiation

people are insane with fear, the government is acting completely hypochondriacally and we are going about everything with the same intellect of a panicked schizophrenic

we need to give the terrorism card a break and start dealing some other ones or within a generation we will be on our way to a future similar to the film idiocracy

i mean its already so bad one of the best candidates for president is actually a former professional wrestler (jesse ventura)

nothing against jesse, hes a smart man but damn its a sad day when a retired wrestler is the most level headed we have

people really need to all get smacked in the face and wake up

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
...but it is is it just another reminder that the war against the US continues.
[edit on 2009/12/25 by GradyPhilpott]

Here are some other reminders that the war against the US continues.

www.beaufortobserver.net...
news.google.com...
factreal.wordpress.com...

Stop paying attention to the "terrorists" and start paying attention to the treasonists.

[edit on 12/25/2009 by Finalized]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Im just guessing but I would guess he probly had thermite hidden in his a** and a igniter hidden in a push top pin and attempted to set it off over the center fuel tank. Probly went in the bathroom and retrieved the objects put the igniter in the thermite set it off near the center fuel tank and boom. Once ignited I doubt there would be any way of putting it out or stopping it.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
also if this turns out to be all over firecrackers

laws should be forced upon the media to prevent this fear mongering crap, if not our world will be filled with fire crackers popping off to get people their 5 minutes of fame and nothing but balloon boys flying our skies

if this was nothing more then a fire cracker, it probably shouldnt even have been reported

imagine if a fire cracker went off on a plane pre 9/11

there wouldnt even be a report about it, or if there was, it wouldnt get past the airline company as its not a big deal in any way whatsoever, let alone a nation terrorist emergency

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
freep.com...

One of the U.S. intelligence officials said the explosive device was a mix of powder and liquid. It failed when the passenger tried to detonate it.

The counterterror official said the passenger was being questioned this evening.

The passenger created a disturbance by lighting what was reported to be firecrackers -- or perhaps a "powdery substance" -- onboard the flight, injuring himself and several other passengers, according to Delta Airlines

FBI spokeswoman Sandra Berchtold confirmed today that agents are at Metro.

The man was apparently already on the government's no-fly list of suspected terrorists, ABC News said a senior intelligence official told them.

Federal officials imposed stricter screening measures after the incident.
One of the U.S. intelligence officials said the explosive device was a mix of powder and liquid. It failed when the passenger tried to detonate it.
www.floppingaces.net...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
According to Peter King ( R-NY), ranking member of Homeland Security
Committee, device was fairly sophisicated. Remember 8 years ago this week
Richard "shoebomber" Reid attempting light off bomb hidden in shoe

en.wikipedia.org...

Beggining to look like trial to see what could be smuggled on airline and if
could bring it down.

Despite what paranoid "false flag" nutcases are saying

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Countdown to the invasion of Nigeria.
They are a oil producing country.

Indeed.

We shall call this one "Operation Firecracker"

First firecrackers and fireworks must be eliminated, and made illegal in all free nations to remove the potential threats, which will have the added benefit of reducing dangerous carbon emissions, and limit the celebration of freedom. A contingency operation will then move forward, to capture or kill all potential firecracker bombers, their leadership and organizations, no matter where they hide, or which nation they find refuge in. We will hunt down every last one of them and rebuild many nations in the process.

This hateful act of firecracker aggression will not stand, nor will it go unanswered.

We are faced with a new axis of evil here, and we will not fail this time to bring them to justice, or deliver justice to them wherever they are.

Let's roll!

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Several people were hurt on the plane, which had Delta markings, but was listed as Northwest Flight 253. One person, possibly the suspect, was admitted to the University of Michigan Medical Center at Ann Arbor, hospital spokeswoman Tracy Justice said.

The suspect, who ABC reported suffered second-degree burns, told federal investigators he was connected to Al Qaeda, though authorities are questioning the veracity of that statement, Fox News confirmed. A federal situational awareness bulletin noted that the explosive was acquired in Yemen with instructions as to when it should be used, ABC said.
He appears to have had some kind of incendiary device he tried to ignite," said one of the U.S. officials.

Authorities initially believed the passenger had set off firecrackers that caused some minor injuries. The suspect reportedly suffered second-degree burns in the failed attempt to ignite the device.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Did the man and several passengers suffer burns?
www.washingtonpost.com...

There was a fire?

He had sever burns on his legs,

[edit on 073131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

i think admitting hes in al-qaeda is phishy... as al-qaeda i believe, never claimed 9-11... so why come right out and say something like that when its the modious operandi not to do so...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Apparently so.

But as you posted "initially" it was reported to be firecrackers... So the story has changed?

From your source...

Authorities initially believed the passenger had set off firecrackers that caused some minor injuries.

Maybe by the time they get this story the way they want to portray it, he will have had a real bomb, or was attempting to set off a radioactive dirty bomb made in Iran?

Who knows... wasn't there, can't say.

I'm often amazed at how these reports change so dramatically when they are able to tie it to an act of terrorism linked to Al Qaeda.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I have to say that this news is very saddening to me.
I am an American born but both my parents are from Nigeria. Nigeria is a corrupted country when it comes to government issues and that problem is already enough! Obama already didnt even want to visit there when he went to Africa. Now we have the whole world going to turn to us as suspects of terrorism.
It seems like the guy is from the northern part of Nigeria where most of the Arabs and Muslims reside. Anyway, the whole news is just a tragedy but i'm relieved to find out that the plan wasn't carried out. Now, Nigeria has another problem to deal with. America on their back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join