It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attempts to Set Off Explosives on Plane

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Water can be deemed a terrorist threat, as can blankets now, your underwear, your shoes, it wont be too long before were all forced to walk around naked everywhere we go. Not just on planes but even if we simply want to go to the shops.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Great now a heart medication RECORDIL is known to be a explosive that can be used to blow up planes. How are they going to tell people you can't have your medication on you when you fly on a plane cause you could be a terrorist who wants to blow up the plane.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pentaerythritol tetranitrate (PETN, also known as corpent, pentrite, or rarely and primarily in German as nitropenta or pentrit)[1], is one of the most powerful high explosives known, with a relative effectiveness factor (R.E. factor) of 1.66.

The most obvious use of PETN is as an explosive. It is more sensitive to shock or friction than TNT or tetryl, and it is never used alone. It is primarily used in booster and bursting charges of small caliber ammunition, in upper charges of detonators in some land mines and shells, and as the explosive core of detonation cord.[2] Apart from this, PETN is used as a vasodilator, similar to nitroglycerin. A medicine for heart disease, Lentonitrat, is nearly pure PETN.[3]

I feel certain the amount in heart medication is well below 50 grams, and is certainly stabilized with other chemicals.

An entire prescription would consist of micro or milligrams, not grams.

It was also stated this is the chemical compund the shoe bomber used. Interesting.

Simply put, the guy flubbed it up, and be thankful for that, else we would have had a horrible thing to remember Christmas this year by.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

You hit the proverbial nail on the head. That was an excellent summation of exactly what is happening.

Star for you.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The charges the accused faces - Link to PDF.

Interesting read, just released.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

www.webmd.com...

www.osha.gov...

Next time grandma goes on the plane she could be concidered a possible terrorist.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Lets not forget also, the very large number of Gitmo detainees that have been sent to Yemen, almost all of which have gone right back to Al Qaeda. This also appears to be the new local hot bed of Al Qaeda, with the seat of their current operations thought to be held there.

And while people were asleep and or distracted by the healthcare debacle, we sent another group of detainees right home to Al Qaeda, I mean Yemen, in a desperate attempt to empty Gitmo to save face.

www.digitaljournal.com...
Guantanamo Detainees Moved to Afghanistan, Somalia & Yemen

Dec 20, 2009 by ■ Chris Dade

The senior Republican on the House of Representatives appropriations subcommittee for the Justice Department is Frank Wolf of Virginia and he is unhappy at the return of the detainees to countries where al-Qaeda is thought or known to have a presence. Yemen seems to be of particular concern at the moment and earlier on Sunday Digital Journal reported on how 49 civilians were recently killed when Yemeni government forces launched air raids against al-Qaeda fighters operating in the Al-Mahfed region in Southern Yemen.

Mr Wolf is quoted by Reuters as saying of the prisoner transfers over the weekend:

It's a very bad decision by the Obama administration and by the Justice Department. I think it endangers our national security and endangers our citizens

However Yemen has welcomed the decision to return six of its citizens and a statement was released by the Yemeni embassy in Washington regarding the matter.

According to AFP the statement read as follows:

The Embassy of the Republic of Yemen hails the release and transfer of six of its citizens from Guantanamo Bay Detention Facility. Yemen will continue its diplomatic dialogue with the United States Government to repatriate the remaining Yemeni detainees. President (Barack) Obama's decision to close the Guantanamo Bay Detention Facility is an astute reflection of the prudent National Security and Foreign Policy position of the U.S. administration

Reuters confirms that 14 prisoners were moved from Guantanamo to Yemen when George W. Bush was still in the White House.

edited for typo

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

GITMO is nothing but a terrorist training school. They pluck young combatants off the killing fields of Afghanistan and Iraq and other places and house them with the diehard zealots that they keep indefinately without trial there at GITMO.

While they are there they are mentored by this group, given points of contact and then released back out into the world to keep the security industrial complex and military industrial complex and the phoney war on terror in business.

The whole process is an absolute farce, that anyone with a grain of common sense can see for what it is, a CIA Terrorist Training School.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by Hemisphere

This "Jesus" character showed us more than how to treat each other. He moved the laws outside the Jewish tribe. He showed us how to treat our enemies. Essentially disarming his followers. (I tend to think he was written into the series by the Romans to do just that.) It's no wonder that most Jews didn't sign on for this after their experiences with the Romans. That “Destruction of the Temple” thing right around the time the Gospels are considered to have been written confirmed their suspicions. Our enemies, like the Romans, might just show us the door from this life for our good intentions. At least that's what the Bible story more than implies.

You sir are poppycock. I don't have time so I must challenge you on this paragraph. Majority of the wisedom of Jesus came from jewish and india wisdoms. If it was created by rome we would have more of a Roman influence. So to speak a roman wisdom. You make it sound that it was implemented by the romans to thwart the jews. This would indeed be terribly difficult to do. Besides that majority of the teachings of Jesus was from Qumran sect. The body and blood bread and wine was tradintionly used throughout the Qumran as a feast gathering of a brotherly ordered and unifying each other as an one entity of the same thing. Much of the teachings of Jesus is a hybrid of hindu/jewish/qumran and God giving abilities.

JR, I don't disagree although I don't have your background into the mystery cults and the legendary travels of "Jesus". Yes, there was a combining of all these and more influences and it would have taken a scholar or scholars of that period to concoct the New Testament. You would need the knowledge of the OT prophesies as well as the enticing elements of those other faiths to come up with a palatable blend of myths to get the varied peoples that Rome conquered and tried to rule to sign on to. In my estimation they, the Romans, were killing more than two birds with one stone. Keep in mind that such a well rounded scholar, Titus Flavius Josephus, a Jewish defector, was in the Roman court during this time frame around the year 70.

The written works of this man revolved around the history of the Jews but also chronicled the Roman victories over them. Although there are some that dispute the pertinent passages, his writings contain the most contemporary mentions of the Biblical "Jesus" outside of the NT. This minor cross reference would have given credence to both literary works in 75 AD as who was left alive to challenge either his histories or the life of the character that was the center of his allegory. One fictional account proving the other. And he "authored" only one of the two with the other being ghost written from various perspectives to appeal to various segments of the audience. Thus not one but four "gospels". The Romans would have laughed mightily at this having both undercut the remaining Jews and enslaving untold numbers of Pagans and others with the "Jesus" cult.

And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

22When they had heard these words, they marveled, and left him, and went their way. - Matthew 22:20-22 (KJV)

Brilliant, of course they marveled. He had given hope to the hopeless. Give to Caesar what has earthly value and give to God what is left. The Caesars had no use for your soul and your prayers. And so the new converts thought they were giving allegiance to "God" and "Jesus" by following the commandments but as I mentioned earlier these were the laws of men in my opinion. "Love thine enemy" and who was your enemy? The Caesars. The government. And so take whatever the Caesars dish out and don't retaliate as you risk losing your next life in paradise for doing so. Live in poverty now for the promise of a better, next life. Sound familiar? It sounds like a White House press release to me.

This wasn't implemented by the Romans to thwart the Jews alone. They used this to take on all comers one reason for the four perspectives. The Jews were of little threat after the destruction of the temple. This, the NT, was a universal tool of enslavement and kings and crooks and popes have used it since. They all wanted to rule the world. Some consider that the invisible hand behind all we see happening now dates to the Caesars. Some think their empire never ended but simply transformed.

And so this "poppycock" agrees with your above statement and as much as that likely infuriates you I'm afraid it needs exploration in another, more religious oriented forum here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

www.webmd.com...

www.osha.gov...

Next time grandma goes on the plane she could be concidered a possible terrorist.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by JBA2848]

This link will explain the differences in nitro as an explosive and nitro as a medication.

The medication is stablized, as I stated before, and in much much smaller amounts.
www.freepatentsonline.com...

2. A stabilized pharmaceutical tablet containing nitroglycerin comprising from about 0.5 to about 5 percent of nitroglycerin, from about 0.5 to about 2 percent polyvinylpyrrolidone, and from about 93 to about 99 percent of an excipient or excipients selected from the group consisting of lactose, beta-lactose, milk sugar, fructose, maltose, sucrose, mannitol, and sorbitol.

Pure nitro is a clear liquid, and so highly unstable, a simple jarring motion will detonate it.

You can buy bottles of nitroglycerin as a lubricant, in I believe, about .02% concentrations.

These differ so much from explosive nitro, this is just silly.

www.absoluteastronomy.com...

Sublingual: Usual adult dosage range: 0.3 to 0.6 mg. One tablet should be dissolved under the tongue or in the buccal pouch immediately upon indication of an acute anginal attack. This dose may be repeated every 5 minutes until relief is obtained. If pain persists after a total of 3 tablets over a 15-minute period, the physician should be contacted. For prophylactic use, 1 sublingual tablet can be taken 5 to 10 minutes before engaging in activities which may precipitate an anginal event.

Storage: Store at room temperature, below 30°C. To prevent loss of potency, the tablets should be dispensed and kept in tight amber glass containers. The container should be closed tightly immediately after each use. No more than 100 tablets should be packaged in a container.

www.rxmed.com...(General%20Monographs-%20N)/NITROGLYCERIN.html

So, having 50grams would be:

Answer: 50 g = 50000 mg

50,000 mg.

Typical adult dosage from 0.3 to 0.6 mg

at the smallest dose, 100 tablets max per bottle allowed at a time allows for 30 mg.

Grandma would have to be carrying some 166,666.66 tablets of nitro, or 1666 bottles of 100 tablets each.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I agree it is a terrorist training school, but no new combatants have been sent there in recent years, as far as I am aware.

Due to the simple fact alone that combatants not linked to Al Qaeda were also detained with die hard Al Qaeda, I do agree they were taught by simply being housed with them.

This was unintentional, much like placing an 18 year old murderer to do hard time in a Max Security prison.

Sure he will learn a lot being there, but the goal is not to teach him new criminal techniques, it is just a side effect of his being imprisoned with hardened criminals.

The belief that the CIA is training and releasing these guys is just that, a belief.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
They are searching the guys flat in London.

How long before they turn up written plans to carry out attacks. He will have OBL tapes scattered about and OBL posters on his wall.

Even his cat will will be called Osama.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

This was unintentional, much like placing an 18 year old murderer to do hard time in a Max Security prison.

It’s only unintentional if the people in government and intelligence are as lacking in intelligence as a number of the more brainwashed people on ATS.

I don’t know what you like your tax dollars going for but I tend to think we are buying more than gross incompetence.

The fact that they are getting ready to close GITMO is testament to the fact that the War on Terror will soon be reaching its apocalyptic zenith and conclusion as the maps of the Middle East and the world are redrawn.

At a certain level of the food chain there is no such thing as unintentional.

Serious people aren’t interested in excuses, trying or apologies.

They have deliberately run GITMO as a Terrorist Training School no if’s ands or buts or unintentional accidents involved.

The only thing it takes for evil to succeed is good people doing nothing in the face of it or worse yet making excuses for it.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Interesting that the father had warned about this guy - I'm beginning to think that a large number of these suicide bombers who claim to have ties to organized Islamic extremists are just plain suicidal or mentally ill to begin with...we in the West and those of us with Christian backgrounds and ideologies don't encourage our depressed young people to become religious martyrs and I hope we never do though when some of our leaders talk about our efforts against terrorism terms of Christian warriors or crusaders I do worry about that a lot.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by drmeola
reply to post by Hemisphere

Nice post I like it well thought-out and written and points were well made, thank you for the input. And I agree the main problem has always been tribal, and when one tribe disagrees with another as a Native American this was the problem my people faced and why battles between the tribes would occur. And I think this is how we should view the world as individual tribes not as America or Russia or other names of countries, but from within the countries themselves, in America we have many different tribes but instead of battling in the sense that my people did, we as a people of the America’s have joined together under the law of the land a constitution and all though we have many different opinions on how to do different things, we all agreed upon creation of the America’s by the joining of states into a whole that we would all abide by those laws. But like many things the simplicity of that law has been changed to suit those in charge and is no longer for the people.

Not sure exactly were I was going but thank you for your response.

Thank you drmeola! In my opinion you've gone exactly where your intuition and knowledge led you. Many here would think I was attacking your earlier post and I was not. I agree with what you said earlier in general and was just focusing attention on the fact that it was a generalized statement. Generalization is however our only way to intersect at all as we, despite similar, general wants and needs, are all individuals.

You are correct, the simplicity of the law has changed. I pointed out how it changed for the Jews in their time. The basic truths are carried forward, don't kill, don't steal and the like. And those in charge wrap their agendas around those truths. They give the elements of their agendas credence by their proximity to these universal truths. Thus "slavery" was just fine with the Biblical Jews and we can guess that only the elite of the day had "man servants".

If we let ourselves, the current "wrapping" of these truths can be seen. This thread is full of posters noting the possibilities in what seemed at first glance a straight forward "botched bombing" truth. I for one thought that, it might still turn out to be that but I'm always open to correction. The "unfolding news reports" have me leaning away from the "unfolding news reports" thanks to those posting here. None of this detracts from the danger reported by Grady in the initial post. It just indicates the danger might be from another if not multiple directions.

Thanks again for your thoughtful consideration of my post. I think your Native American heritage showed through in your introspective, unthreatened response.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Suspect’s Father Told U.S. of Son’s Extremism

The investigative file was opened after the father of the suspect, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, warned officials at the United States Embassy in Nigeria of his son’s increasingly extremist religious views, the official said.

“The information was passed into the system, but the expression of radical extremist views were very nonspecific,” said the senior administration official, who has been briefed on the inquiry but spoke on condition of anonymity because it is continuing. “We were evaluating him, but the information we had was not a lot to go on.”

www.nytimes.com...

So, it was the suspect's own father who alerted authorities to the possible dangers. It would be interesting to know more about the father and his loyalties. It took some courage I think to do what he did, even if his allegations were to vague too garner more attention.

[edit on 2009/12/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
The belief that the CIA is training and releasing these guys is just that, a belief.

Oh yeah. Who's belief is this? That makes so much sense.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The main problem is we are in the countries, killing their women and children, and oppressing them. It started with Israel and spread to us because we support Isreal. Then, we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan.

That is from the horses mouth, Bin Laden.

What? This is an amazing new discovery, care to expand on this?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

And so this "poppycock" agrees with your above statement and as much as that likely infuriates you I'm afraid it needs exploration in another, more religious oriented forum here on ATS.

Nah I agree with you. It does look like you do have a reasonable argument. I could go on and fight and struggle but I rather not. like you said.

get a star

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Ok read it again. This was prior to 9/11.

It started with Israel and spread because we support Israel. The US is the only remaining ally to Israel.

It was after 9/11 that Bin Laden made a speech to the Citizens of America, in which he outlined his reasoning

Oh I get it now. It's ok for muslims to use acts of terrorism because bin Laden told everyone that the US is a friend to Israel.
Carrion.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It’s only unintentional if the people in government and intelligence are as lacking in intelligence as a number of the more brainwashed people on ATS.

Is this directed at me? If so, why not just say it directly, instead of indirectly. Does making it indirect make it any less of an insult?

I don’t know what you like your tax dollars going for but I tend to think we are buying more than gross incompetence.

No, you don't know what I like my tax dollars going for, as I haven't stated that anywhere on ATS, however, I do agree with this %100. Perhaps where and how, we may differ.

The fact that they are getting ready to close GITMO is testament to the fact that the War on Terror will soon be reaching its apocalyptic zenith and conclusion as the maps of the Middle East and the world are redrawn.

I agree again, especially once the terror trials begin in NY. Again, perhaps where and how, we may differ.

At a certain level of the food chain there is no such thing as unintentional.

Serious people aren’t interested in excuses, trying or apologies.

They have deliberately run GITMO as a Terrorist Training School no if’s ands or buts or unintentional accidents involved.

Again, this is your opinion, that you are welcome to. I happen to be of a different opinion, to which I am welcome to, without having to be subjected to insults or criticisms for.

I do feel it was an unintended side effect, one that when realized, was allowed to continue.

If you have any supporting facts showing otherwise, feel free to link to those.

The only thing it takes for evil to succeed is good people doing nothing in the face of it or worse yet making excuses for it.

Again, was this directed at me? If not, I don't understand the point in making open ended statements about "other people" in a direct statement to me.

If this is directed at me, I do not consider myself making excuses for anyone. I just don't see conspiracies in every corner of something that is wrong on it's very face.

I also have a strong dislike when ATS members use some invisible, hypothetical third party as an excuse to hurl insults at members, while claiming, "I didn't mean you."

This is a boring, tired tactic, and one that it appears you seem to be espousing.

Either talk to me, as you seem to be doing in your reply, or talk about me, but don't talk about me in a post you are directing at me, as if I were not here.

If I am wrong, forgive me for my misunderstanding.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join