It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Today dropping a bomb on US MSM News

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by shakespear1

“In dictatorships we are more fortunate that you in the West in one respect. We believe nothing of what we read in the newspapers and nothing of what we watch on television, because we know its propaganda and lies. Unlike you in the West. We’ve learned to look behind the propaganda and to read between the lines, and unlike you, we know that the real truth is always subversive.”

Yes, that is why it was easy for them to KNOW that what they were fed was BS.

As an American, I appreciate the help and understanding of our European and Australian brothers and sisters. Russia included. We share common blood and customs.
Governments are good at screwing things up but it is always the people that put it back together.
Sharing our understanding of the current media is a good people tool.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Internet allows us to find things like this. It would not be on RT.

Kasjanov

I did a search on RT for this

Search

Enjoy looking for the Truth

[edit on 26-12-2009 by shakespear1]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
On the other hand, realize this; Never in known history has news in any form or shape been so widely available, as in this " internet-age"

Never before have normal, every-day people been in this luxurious position to be able to check multiple sources. In the past ,it was only the elite that had the money to buy multiple (foreign) newspapers, go on trips to far away countries, go to universities and use their enormous libraries.

Nowadays, info is available to anyone with a brain and a bit of stamina.

The impact The Internet had, and will have, is not wholly understood by the old-generation of power-mongerers, so ,they muck-up, thinking no-one is going to check their statements. In the process, every normal Jill&Joe is starting to realize that "news" rates quite high on the bull-# meter, whatever the channel.

Old fashioned journalism and info-filtering basically died, the moment Iranian kids started blogging and filming via their mobiles. Maybe earlier, due to this teensy, unimportant ,geeky fringe site named " You-tube"..

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mosesgunner

“There was a time when you had to justify your FCC license by providing news as part of your community responsibility, and that is how you renewed your license. When the FCC was gutted in the 1980s under the Regan administration and its power was lost, all of a sudden US news became part of the entertainment industry.”

This is just a flat out uninformed person speaking these words. The fairness doctrine was deemed unconstitutional by the American supreme court, it has little to do with Regan. Your a worthless if you feel that the fairness doctrine was anything less then unconstitutional, and wrong.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by mosesgunner]

sorry bud...just because the supreme court says something is unconstitutional does not make it right... example:
if only people with wealth can afford to finance the news media on T.V....then their interests are the only ones heard...that's why you had a fairness doctrine in the first place.
in the last 15 years or so, have you seen a scathing expose' on GE (general electric corp.) broadcast on MSM? no, of course not...that means either 2 things are happening...either for the last 15 years, GE has had no scandal what so ever, or it has been squashed by the MSM because of their corporate power.
another example: on one of the major holidays in the U.S. (labor day)...there is nothing on the struggles and violence perpetrated against workers trying to get decent pay, better hours, some type of benefits, that is actually shown on the MSM.
that's why we need the fairness doctrine.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 13579

The only reason you spell Color with a U is because you were conquered and dominated by the French, and forced to speak French, and those pesky U's never left your language.

We in America can gladly claim that we never suffered such unspeakable embarrassments such as... being conquered by the French. I believe those U's are a prevailing black eye when back in history the French used to spank the English. Personally, I'd be embarrassed to have those U's in my spelling, they are little admittances that yes, the French did indeed conquer someone at some point.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think RT is just using code. MSM really means Fox News and because they are politically conservative, they tend to become targets.

I'm pretty sure the russian girls speaks english fine, but I think what FN is upset about is that RT is interviewing a radical who hates the USA. Anyone who thinks that the US has done wrong in the last 60 years needs to step back a minute. Is America perfect? Hell no. However, that being said, the USA has done a hell of a lot of good over the last century.

I personally think America gets a pass on the War on Terror. Why? Becasue the US was the victim of an unprovoked attack that killed more americans than any other terrorist attack in history. (please, I am not going to discuss incidents during war time as being "Terrorist" in nature. I.E. Hiroshima and Nagasaki).

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by 13579

The only reason you spell Color with a U is because you were conquered and dominated by the French, and forced to speak French, and those pesky U's never left your language.

We in America can gladly claim that we never suffered such unspeakable embarrassments such as... being conquered by the French. I believe those U's are a prevailing black eye when back in history the French used to spank the English. Personally, I'd be embarrassed to have those U's in my spelling, they are little admittances that yes, the French did indeed conquer someone at some point.

Relax. There will always be euros who, for whatever reason, hate our guts.

On the bright side, there are alot of eastern euros who are pro-american!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

eastern euros who are pro-american

Here in Poland

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Bill Ayers is a communist and a terrorist. Why do you sheeple listen to anything he says?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
The problem with entertainment industry like FOX is instead of reporting news they tend to make news with their own version.
Same thing MSNBC does but without the Whitehouse's direction.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

reply to post by 13579

Damm Rock!!
that is the quote of the month. I am using part of it in my sig...with or without your specified written permission. (I wish I could star an flag your single post!) Awesome!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Internet allows us to find things like this. It would not be on RT.

Kasjanov

I did a search on RT for this

Search

Enjoy looking for the Truth

[edit on 26-12-2009 by shakespear1]

I tried to find some back groung on Kasyanov, Kasjanov
Do you know if he is Communist? Who's his daddy, grand daddy?
Like Medvedev there is little internet history on these guys.
Maybe some of the RT archives would have something.
thanks

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

eastern euros who are pro-american
Here in Poland

Poland's Solidarity uprising in pictures, catalyst to the ...
Solidarity-supporting Poles rally in favor of reform (BBC) ... Polish Pope John Paul kisses Lech Walesa, an immortalized symbol of the significance of the ...

euroheritage.net/polishresistancetocommunism

Wow I hope you don't mind. It has been 40 years.
The start to a better world. Thanks for the reminder.
It would be good for all to see what Pravda said about all this back then.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Good advice but thank 'god' you're not the mother...

a mother would at least try and give ALL the advice.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Dowd

Mr Dowd, I'm the mother of three wonderful human beings, all in possession of their own sharply honed wits to propel them through life. If your collective mothers didn't give your collective wits sufficient room to reach out into the world for sustenance, that is far from my problem. Consider yourself mothered, Egg-style. Hardboiled, baby. Not over easy.

I'm advocating critical thinking and self-reliance in the search for truth. If you want to remain spoonfed mushrooms, sit back. There's a lot more sh*t heading your way.

[edit on 27/12/2009 by CosmicEgg]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 13579

You obviously dont know that there are many different ways to spell some words in the English language, it all depends on where you are in the world. I was NEVER taught to spell color with a "u" so please get off your high horse...oh and by the way THIS is how you spell SHAKESPEARE!

To the OP: I have never really payed attention to the MSM, they are a bunch of morons and their shows give me tons of laughs. I have always preferred to get my news online in different ways.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mosesgunner

“There was a time when you had to justify your FCC license by providing news as part of your community responsibility, and that is how you renewed your license. When the FCC was gutted in the 1980s under the Regan administration and its power was lost, all of a sudden US news became part of the entertainment industry.”

This is just a flat out uninformed person speaking these words. The fairness doctrine was deemed unconstitutional by the American supreme court, it has little to do with Regan. Your a worthless if you feel that the fairness doctrine was anything less then unconstitutional, and wrong.

Don't go around screaming "uninformed" when you have not taken time to do the research yourself. .

Tested in Court
The fairness doctrine's constitutionality was tested and upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court in a landmark 1969 case, Red Lion Broadcasting v. FCC (395 U.S. 367). Although the Court then ruled that it did not violate a broadcaster's First Amendment rights, the Court cautioned that if the doctrine ever began to restrain speech, then the rule's constitutionality should be reconsidered. Just five years later, without ruling the doctrine unconstitutional, the Court concluded in another case that the doctrine "inescapably dampens the vigor and limits the variety of public debate" (Miami Herald Publishing Co. v. Tornillo, 418 U.S. 241). In 1984, the Court concluded that the scarcity rationale underlying the doctrine was flawed and that the doctrine was limiting the breadth of public debate (FCC v. League of Women Voters, 468 U.S. 364). This ruling set the stage for the FCC's action in 1987. An attempt by Congress to reinstate the rule by statute was vetoed by President Ronald Reagan in 1987, and later attempts failed even to pass Congress.

Source: The Heritage Foundation

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

reply to post by 13579

Hilarious - American's claiming to know anything about the origins of the English language or spelling therein - or even history.

The English language and its correct spelling were well and truly established in America by the English who ruled your country for a couple of hundred years - oops forgot that didn't you - you are a people of escaped slaves, a former colony of servants to the English - hmmmmm. Its not like you invented your own language called American, no you speak ENGLISH - your former ruler and masters native language. And every time you forget you are from a conquered, subservient, servile class of subjugated minions I am always here to remind you of your historical roots. (Or is that Routes -- LMAO )

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

It's not about anybody getting "spoon-fed".

A lot of people that use this site are only in their beginnings of becoming awakened.

When it comes to unbiased news, that's one of the most difficult things to find on the web or anywhere else, since almost (if not all) news IS biased.

I'm father to a beautiful son, who is being taught how to think critically but will be helped every step of the way as and when needed - because that's what dads are for.

Consider yourself "fathered".

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Stanton Dowd]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Dowd

The whole point is to learn to listen *with* your heart. Until you start doing this simple thing, all the "pointing in the right direction" in the world will not help. You must learn to *know* the truth when you see it. It takes practice, it takes faith, it takes a sense of humor.

How can you discern truth from manufactured truth? The US MSM has turned into a belittlement-fest. They unjustly, caustically - and with impunity! - attack anyone who challenges the line they are laying down. It would be irresponsibly *leading you all by the nose* if I or anyone else were to lead you to some magical oasis of information. You must learn to find it and *know it* for yourselves. There is no single source for truth. It's for you to know when you see it.

Are you finally comprehending my course of (in)action here? It's not because I can't find the info. It's because you can't.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join