It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Today dropping a bomb on US MSM News

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

Marxist, Bolshevik Communists

Are you saying they are in America, Britain, Europe doing the same thing that they were doing before in Pravda?

Oooooohhhhh, I think I must be misunderstanding you.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The english are as dumb as the americans . You could not pass a rizla paper between the two in terms of ignorance . The english were not always this way . They caught up heavily in the past 10 or so years . They may even surpass the american in the next decade . At least it is a change for youtube , We will get to watch videos of dumb english people instead of americans .

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
My best source of new prior to US entry into Iraq was BBC, French press and German News. If you watched/read them and compared to what was said in the US you would realize that something was NOT RIGHT.

As said up above, Watch RT, CCTV, BBC, CNN, FOX, Al Jazzira etc, and compare. What is missing in one but mentioned in the other is a signal that there is something there worth checking out and understanding.

Here in Poland we have our own FOX and CNN, and in a way far worst. The different stations have almost exactly the SAME News

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It is necessary for the english to pass through this phase of dumb downness to join the americans . It is the route to fascism . There are only two routes available with a world approaching dwindling resources . One is a world for the common good , all resources allocated equally to needs for the good of the people . The other is the descent into a world corporate oligarchy , military zones , police states. The wealth appropriated for the few . The Uk is along that second path with the americans . It would be necessary to dumb them down to accept such a situation along with their american brethren .

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I like RT, they point out the big issues and aren't afraid to debate the sensitive and even cover many conspiracies.
It is great for international news, for russian national and regional news it may be a bit biased, I haven't seen much criticism of the russian government.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
It's all very well saying things like WAKE UP and DON'T LISTEN TO MSM.....
Yet on this very website, unless a story is being covered by MSM and you can provide links to MSM websites, then threads aren't taken seriously.

Quite a paradox.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
As A Brit and someone who is right behind the USA I do find RT rather interesting. For years I've been sort of fed pro USA propaganda by the likes of CNN, you know the sort, lines of Russians waiting for free food from soup kitchens, Russian military stalemates, Russian political scandals. Now we have RT and it's a mirror image lol, constant pics of poor Americans in soup kitchens, US military stuck in endless ME wars, US political scandals. Looks like RT have totally based their production on the same jingoistic lines!

On a sidenote RT does show some interesting stuff that the western/British media totally ignores. When the yanks send anything up to the stars it's big news here in the UK, when the Russians send anything up it's totally ignored. RT lets you see what missions are happening from Russia and it's really interesting.

Also it's interesting to see some of the tourism spots and sights too.

Some of the things on Russian industry are also fascinating.

Interesting (bordering on hilarious) interviews with Americans on their views on USA issues

You get a good laugh too. I'm not sure if Al Gurnov is the guy doing the background commentary, but the voice has me in smiles!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The dumbing down of Uk started in the early 70's. If you look back at Uk they had a fairly good Health system, a fairly good Police system , Transport system wasn't bad, Schooling, so so and no real probs with immigration.
Now all that has changed. No matter how many billions of pounds are thrown at the health system it just gets worse and worse.
The Police force spend 80% of its time in the station doing paper work.
The transport system is a joke. ( yes, I know road traffic is ridiculous ).
And the open door to immigrants is causing mayhem.
Any of this strike a bell with Americans on this site?

There is a "Common Purpose ", to all this.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by eddiebelfast]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I haven't seen much criticism of the russian government.

I wouldn't expect it. In their backyard this is not tolerated. China likewise.

MSM breaks stories so yes we are using them to get our news. However the point in this thread is that it is BETTER to look at MSM from ALL parts of the World to try to get a better perspective on what is being said in our own back yards

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by eventHorizon

Excellent post!

It's certainly the pot calling the kettle black.

I agree 100%

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Both Fox news and Russia Today are full of nonsense.

Consider that the USA feels free to dig deep into Russian affairs and expose things, just as Russia seems to put the truth out about us as well. It's just that each country reveals less to their own people about their respective countries.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Want another different perspective on World Events go here

AsiaTimes

This story will tell a lot of what is going on. Won't find this analysis on FOX or CNN.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13579
SHE DIDNT SPEAK ENGLISH!!

find that ironic myself

americans dont even speak english LOL

colour
color

oh wait im wrong its AMERICAN english right? LOL

i bet that russian chick can spell better than him.

amazing how americans learn shakespear yet cant spell colour

the mind boggles

and BIll O is a muppet.. like all the talking heads on the "entertainment/news channels" regardless of your "policitcal" views

[edit on 25-12-2009 by 13579]

WHERE IM FROM WE DONT USE APOSTROPHES LOLLLLL

WE BARELY HAVE ANY CONCEPT OF PUNCTUATION

I THINK I SAW A COMMA ONCE BACK IN 1956 ROFFFFL

we can spell tho!

colour
color

SHAKESPEAR!!!! look at his wikipedia article it's spelled shakespearE probly some american idiot

edited

it

no surprise b-koz they prolly get their news from FOX lol i get mine from comedy central lol thats why im so smart

btw no offense americans i was bashing someone else it just looks like im bashing u

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
John Pilger gave a striking speech on the role of the media called ”Freedom Next Time”.

One of my favorite stories about the Cold War concerns a group of Russian journalists who were touring the United States. On the final day of their visit, they were asked by the host for their impressions. “I have to tell you,” said the spokesman, “that we were astonished to find after reading all the newspapers and watching TV day after day that all the opinions on all the vital issues are the same. To get that result in our country we send journalists to the gulag. We even tear out their fingernails.

Here you don’t have to do any of that. What is the secret?” Ironically, I began to understand how censorship worked in so-called free societies when I reported from totalitarian societies. During the 1970s I filmed secretly in Czechoslovakia, then a Stalinist dictatorship. I interviewed members of the dissident group Charter 77, including the novelist Zdener Urbanek, and this is what he told me. “In dictatorships we are more fortunate that you in the West in one respect. We believe nothing of what we read in the newspapers and nothing of what we watch on television, because we know its propaganda and lies. Unlike you in the West. We’ve learned to look behind the propaganda and to read between the lines, and unlike you, we know that the real truth is always subversive.”

Full transcript: www.democracynow.org...

Once I realized, that real truth is always subversive, I found out, that most people simply don't want to look behind the propaganda and read between the lines. If you present them information which conflicts with their preconceived, implanted ideas, they become angry. Instead of checking the information, they prefer to attack and ridicule you. You cannot force someone to swallow the red pill, but I think it is an obligation to at least offer it.

Maybe you can simply walk away, once you have taken the red pill, but you can never forget the deceptions.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

“In dictatorships we are more fortunate that you in the West in one respect. We believe nothing of what we read in the newspapers and nothing of what we watch on television, because we know its propaganda and lies. Unlike you in the West. We’ve learned to look behind the propaganda and to read between the lines, and unlike you, we know that the real truth is always subversive.”

Yes, that is why it was easy for them to KNOW that what they were fed was BS.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

It's quite revealing actually!

Mordechai Kedar is now a proven to be a Pathological Lier, and have now made a fool of himself on International television!

And as we now know since the last week, Boström was right all along! kudos to him!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13579

and BIll O is a muppet.. like all the talking heads on the "entertainment/news channels" regardless of your "policitcal" views

[edit on 25-12-2009 by 13579]

Ha Bill O and Sean H Kind of remind me of beaker and bunsen(no offense to any scientists) (or muppets).

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The "MSM" has been nothing but lies from the beginning it seems.

They say what they get told to say. All I can say to that is, thank goodness for the internet.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
All communication giants that call themselves main street media corporations should not be allowed to conduct business in the USA in the manner they are conducting business today.

As long as the media giants continue to lie, deceive, misrepresent and most of all spread the Fascist, Communist, Marxist Mao, Chavez style State propaganda agenda, we the people will be betrayed with everything that the media giants represent to us and in the end will be equally responsible for undermining the public interests with deception and deceit and for undermining the tenets of what this nation was founded upon.

I say it is time and more than possible for our nation to apply pressure on the FCC and begin petitioning that the specific FCC licenses of these lying media giants be revoked or suspended until the media giants clean their act up. We would demand this because they no longer represent the public interests and no longer represents freedom of speech and good investigative journalism. Instead these media giants represent unethical, immoral and greed on a scale that undermines their duty to the public.

As long as there is no accoutability for their actions we will continue to see what we are seeing today.

I say that any big giant public media corporation that takes tax dollars from the government on behalf of the public interest has a responsiblity to be truthful and factual in its daily operation. Any failure in this regard should result in a massive fine, suspension of license or any number of FCC disciplinary methodologies. Bottom line is revoke, cancel or suspend the FCC licenses of these media giants and refuse them the ability to profit from spewing lies like they do. Stop their ability to profit from their lying and we as a nation will be on the way to showing that dishonest politics and dishonest media coverage will not be tolerated by Americans.

Not until the media giants understand that to do business in the field of media requires a valid FCC license and some ethical and moral responsiblity and accountability be in place. We need ethical behavior to prevent giant corporations from thinking that they are above the law or most of all above having to answer to anyone for their deceptive business practices and outright propaganda measures.

The FCC license is key to bringing the media giants into compliance. What we need now is a president that desires an end to corruption as much as we the people of America feel we deserve. The FCC license is the key to making the media giants normal again. We the people should realize that their desire to make money is hinged on being able to operate. Use the FCC license to begin bringing these media giants back into accoutability. We must do this immediately.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by shakespear1
reply to post by Donny 4 million

Marxist, Bolshevik Communists

Are you saying they are in America, Britain, Europe doing the same thing that they were doing before in Pravda?

Oooooohhhhh, I think I must be misunderstanding you.

If you know who the folks that are pulling the strings are.
You will know who is where. And there will be no misunderstanding.
You may know some of the recent background of your elected officials

BUT do you really, really know the backgrounds of your appointed officials??
Do you think the Marxist just vaporized?
Did you read my previous post with the recent Russian news article in it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join