It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Today dropping a bomb on US MSM News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I use this word often, I'm hoping it will catch on and help the movement out:

Sensationalize-To cast and present in a manner intended to arouse strong interest, especially through inclusion of exaggerated or lurid details

That is what Fox News does. They find the biggest non-issue they can and sensationalize it to the point that it actually scares and angers Americans who actually think it's fair and balanced.

Even MSNBC, the obama fan club, doesn't spin issues as hard as Fox does (but they are not any better)

Of course, there is also a large amount of the wingnut audience that is pretty much being told what it wants to hear.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by piddles]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The reporters name is Cherkinoff - enough said.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
That was fantastic. Its good to see that the world media is starting to laugh at the hypocrisy of American media. Everyone is starting to see through the fog created by our media outlets and at some point, it should be interesting to see if any positive changes are made by the recognition of the MSM's inherent dishonesty.

What I found especially hilarious was O'Reilly's attempt to save face by resulting to childish high school tactics of insults. If that doesn't show you what this man is made of, then you're entirely hopeless as a human being.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I used to like Bill, then I started to see his mistakes on youtube well you can guess what happened. Fox news feeds the ignorance on people minds.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by CTBAPRBR]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Russia Today ( RT ) as far as I know is the first mainstream TV broadcast that questions the event of 911 and cover stories of anti-war protests in United States and 911 truth movements. It appears the American Mainstream media is really finding hard to deal with it. They are frustrated. Surely that tells me something ! If any of you guys got Facebook accounts, try search " the Alyona show " there.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Both Fox news and Russia Today are full of nonsense.

Short and concise, you are correct my good sire, thanks for not bloviating.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Nice post Optimus ! I've always hated Bill O' Reilly, Glenn Beck and Keith Olbermann. They're always going on about the politicians being Incompetent when really all the # that is happening is intentional. Nice Avatar by the way Optimus.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It is quite difficult to comprehend this transformation in news media with out understanding the ideology and capital($) that directs it.
Pravda used to be run by Marxist, Bolshevik Communists in the USSR.
Russia gave them the boot. They set up shop here in America, Britain, Australia and anywhere industrious Europeans have produced wealth, There last victims are totally ready to confide.
Take advantage.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Not sure why anyone would want to watch Fox News. The commentators on there are not journalists, they're entertainers. It's basically comedic to watch at times considering how ignorant and moronic they are...

The viewers of course, are no different.

Time to grow up kids. Find an independent and credible news source, not Fox News where you tune into for some racist, stupid, ignorant propaganda.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Several months after 9/11 I began to grow wary of the American MSM. I think it was my digging around the internet that really made me question how much of what they broadcast was/is worth putting any belief into.

These days I see the MSM in America as nothing but a branch of the government and corporate elite. What better way to influence the masses who glue themselves to their televisions by bombarding them with information, advertisements, and other content that tells them what to think, believe, and feel. I assume the average Fox News fan would laugh at the suggestion that their mind is being manipulated by what they watch on Fox, but absorbing the same messages over and over day after day does have an impact on a persons views. A perfect example is that of the person who questions the government's explanation of 9/11. The MSM would have everyone believe that anyone who questions the official story is a loony conspiracy theorist who shouldn't be taken seriously. Bill O'Reilly would probably want everyone to publicly mock those of us who question anything coming from the government, especially anything of the Republican flavor.

That brings up another point that just frustrates the crap out of me. All of the MSM companies are polarized. Why is that? Shouldn't the media, regardless of the outlet, be unbiased in their reporting? Unfortunately that is not the case. Instead they are blatant in their ties to one of the two major political parties. My in-laws are very, very staunch Republicans, and I often find myself in disbelief at how dedicated they are to watching Fox News and listening to Rush Limbaugh. I'm actually scared to suggest that perhaps they are being fed information that isn't trustworthy and reliable. I really wonder how many other people like that are out there - ones who never question what the media tells them, and who submit to the suggestion that instructs them how to think and feel about various aspects of the world.

Here's something interesting that I discovered some time ago while I went through the process of questioning the media. Look around the internet for famous quotes about the media and you find some interesting ones. These are a few that I consider to be quite good. Keep in mind that many are from the days when newspapers were the primary means of distributing news to the masses.

The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust.
Samuel Butler (1612-1680) British poet and satirist.

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing, but newspapers.
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) Third president of the United States.

Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate for a moment to prefer the latter.
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) Third president of the United States.

Once a newspaper touches a story the facts are lost forever, even to the protagonists.
Norman Mailer (1923-?) American writer.

I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
Groucho Marx (1890-1977) American comedian.

Media is just a word that has come to mean bad journalism.
Graham Greene (1904-1991) English writer.

A free press can, of course, be good or bad, but, most certainly without freedom, the press will never be anything but bad.
Albert Camus (1913-1960) French novelist, essayist and dramatist.

A petty reason perhaps why novelists more and more try to keep a distance from journalists is that novelists are trying to write the truth and journalists are trying to write fiction.
Graham Greene (1904-1991) English writer.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Really, the only way to ground things again so that the MSM is credible in the USA is for people to stop listening to them, even in passing. Simply tune them out. Cancel your newspaper subscriptions. Turn to online sources that are not linked to US media. *Find your own sources, I'm not your mother.*

Above all, learn to think for yourselves. There is no point believing everything you hear or see in print if your own life experience contradicts them. Believe in *your* experience. Look at and toward *your experience* to form your thoughts and beliefs instead of receiving them passively through the MSM. Those mortifying "reality" shows must go the way of the dodo soon. Please. Save yourselves.

Believe NOTHING, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own REASON & COMMON SENSE - Buddha

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I do watch that fox news sometimes . It is for shock value , like watching that other program with the presenter i cannot recall . With the redneck audience , I think he got his bodyguard to take over the show in the end . He is famous , i hate that i cannot remember his name ((

That is the nature of these shows like fox . They are news for the stupid or entertainment for the rest of us in a perverse way . Maybe not for the general american non dumb populace , as they can distort the truth and can cause problems beyond the worth and scope of the show . But from an outsiders perspective , it is a grotesque horror / come parody of reality type farcical show.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
I do watch that fox news sometimes . It is for shock value , like watching that other program with the presenter i cannot recall . With the redneck audience , I think he got his bodyguard to take over the show in the end . He is famous , i hate that i cannot remember his name ((

That is the nature of these shows like fox . They are news for the stupid or entertainment for the rest of us in a perverse way . Maybe not for the general american non dumb populace , as they can distort the truth and can cause problems beyond the worth and scope of the show . But from an outsiders perspective , it is a grotesque horror / come parody of reality type farcical show.

You talking about Mr. Springer......
Jerry SPRINGER?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
What is awesome about RT is that they (a part of Russia's propaganda machine) are not a part of the same propaganda machine we live in.

seeing the same issue on a global level makes RT a great asset to denying ignorance.

We must take in all sides before passing judgment. RT is a good program to understand Russian point-of-view.

Fox News is not an enemy, but a tool for understanding how many fell.

Russia today is the same.

ATS, be a sponge and take in all you can. Let logic and reason be your guide to dismantle the BS in media and find the true words spoken. These words, few and far between at best, are the only thing worth taking into consideration.

God speed.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

Yes , that was him .. thanks )) . Been trying to think of his name . Hate when you know the name but it is out of the grasp of your current memory recollectivity thing.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

I don't think RT (Russia Television) is always totally objective but they sure nailed Bill O'Reiley for the lier he is. RT reports the real NEWS, while US MSM reporters are busy talking endlessly about fluff and meaningless mumbo-jumbo. The RT reporter spoke the truth in comparing the MSM of the US with the Onion and John Stewart's comedy fake news. Birds of a feather....

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

Yes , that was him .. thanks )) . Been trying to think of his name . Hate when you know the name but it is out of the grasp of your current memory recollectivity thing.

Doesn't help being 3:30 am and after a long day of gift wrapping and ripping.
No worries, it happens to the best of us my friend.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
You would think that the americans , so open to freedom and all that , would get to see this RT channel on their tv's . Surprisingly , only us backwards barbarians get to watch it . I think it must be a tv's executive or government decision to free them from the evils of external influence . The american people must have the freedom to only watch what the powers that be decide is good for them .

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Really, the only way to ground things again so that the MSM is credible in the USA is for people to stop listening to them, even in passing. Simply tune them out. Cancel your newspaper subscriptions. Turn to online sources that are not linked to US media. *Find your own sources, I'm not your mother.* Above all, learn to think for yourselves. There is no point believing everything you hear or see in print if your own life experience contradicts them. Believe in *your* experience. Look at and toward *your experience* to form your thoughts and beliefs instead of receiving them passively through the MSM. Those mortifying "reality" shows must go the way of the dodo soon. Please. Save yourselves.

Very well said CosmiEgg.

Find your own "sources" and think what was reported and what subsequently happened. Check several view points and try to figure out if the arguments make sense. But if you get everything from your own country the news may be "bent".

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The only way to beat them is to speak up, switch off, tune out.

But you won't. And why? Because the education in the USA has been so poor for the last twenty years that the public are too dumb and lazy to actually have a valid, educated opinion on anything. They'd rather be spoon-fed BS until they're obese from it.

Of course, there are a limited minority who are capable of rational and balanced thought. There are a few of you here.
But on the whole, just like the UK, the majority are idiot sheep who see no problem with your media.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join