It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nothing matters because its all going to end

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Maybe you should try reading my entire post or something...but I didn't word it perfectly either...a better way of putting it might be "Our souls are capable of lasting for eternity, but they never will"...

[edit on 25/12/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow12
this isn't a thread about the end of the world or if you believe in god or not. its about death. some of us worry about small things that seem important but when you realy think about it they dont mean much because they dont last forever nothing does. and when we die im sure your problems wont matter. weather you go to heaven hell or just die it wont matter.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by shadow12]

Well, MY FEELINGS are this. I believe we are students on earth and our job here is to strengthen our sols with love and life lessons some of which are pretty hard. Part of our mission here on earth is to learn and understand and exercise faith. We will not ever have all the answers in our time on earth but I have FAITH that someday I will understand. I am ok with that and so I keep pushing on and try to be as happy as I can given life circumstances. So, what I do in this life is important business so just to be safe, I think I will do a good job.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Troubleshooter
reply to post by CHAOS

Maybe you should try reading my entire post or something...but I didn't word it perfectly either...a better way of putting it might be "Our souls are capable of lasting for eternity, but they never will"...

Gotcha...sorry!

Ideas of a personal immortal spirit originated with Homer and got some positive spin from Plato...
...and became confused in Christian doctrine as believers became predominantly Gentile.

My understanding is from the Hebrew stream...
...God alone is immortal/eternal...
...and any souls/spirits that are aligned to Him are by virtue of that union immortal/eternal...
...but no derived being has any intrinsic immortal 'stuff'...
...not even the Great Spirits that manage worlds.

"...his (Gods) own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began ... is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: 2 Timothy 1:9-10

So it is only union with the Spirit through the Gospel that makes an individual eternal.

So in this sense we sort of agree, our spirits/souls are 'capable' of eternity...
...but I also believe they will be eternal because of the Gospel.

[edit on 25/12/09 by troubleshooter]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow12
this isn't a thread about the end of the world or if you believe in god or not. its about death. some of us worry about small things that seem important but when you realy think about it they dont mean much because they dont last forever nothing does. and when we die im sure your problems wont matter. weather you go to heaven hell or just die it wont matter.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by shadow12]

Death is not important it is merely the ending to this experience that you have chosen.

I've said this statement in several posts. This is why I iterate quite often, when asked for specific information, that it pales to insignificance, just as the grass withers and dies while the love and the light of the One Infinite Creator redounds to the very infinite realms of creation forever and ever, creating and creating itself in perpetuity.

Why then be concerned with the grass that blooms, withers and dies in its season only to grow once again due to the infinite love and light of the One Creator? This is the message I bring. Each entity is only superficially that which blooms and dies. In the deeper sense there is no end to being-ness.

Death is the ending of a finite continuum in the infinity that you are, it is but a grain of sand on your endless sandy beach.

Namaste.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Psychonaughty]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join