It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flux (See note)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by toltecnightmare

I HAVE BEEN THINKING FOR MYSELF AND I AINT NO SCIENTIST,FROM WHAT I FOUND WAS THAT IT TOOK 10`S OF 1000`S OF YEARS FOR POLES TO SHIFT AND THAT 40 MILES PER YEAR SEEMS RATHER QUICK,SO THE REASON I JOINED THIS SITE WAS TO GET OPINIONS FROM PEOPLE MORE KNOWLEDGABLE ON THESE TOPICS, THEN MAKE MY OWN DECISIONS. IT JUST HAPPENS TO BE THAT I HAVE MADE SENSE OF PHAGES RATIONAL EXPLANATIONS

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

EVERY THING THAT IS HAPPENING IN THE UNIVERSE IS NATURAL.DO YOU REALLY THINK THESE OCCURANCES ARE UNNATURAL CAUSED BY MAN????

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

SEEMS LIKE THERE`S ALOT OF PHAGE HATERS ON HERE. FOR MAKING VERY GOOD EXPLANATIONS FOR SOME VERY REDICULOUS CLAIMS

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

SO YOUR SAYING I`M IGNORANT,JUST BECAUSE I FIND SCIENCE VERY DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND AND GET CONFUSED WHEN SCIENTIST`S START TALKING IN THEIR LANGUAGE JUST LIKE POLITICIANS DO,I`M REALLY SORRY I DIDN`T HAVE THE EDUCATION YOU HAD.I THOUGHT ATS WAS FOR EVERYONE`S OPPINION NO MATTER HOW SMALL.I USED TO JUST OBSERVE ATS BUT SINCE THE STANDARDS HAVE DROPPED SEVERELY ,I DONT FEEL THAT I`M NOT WORTHY OF THIS SITE ANYMORE

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

i do research and read all the post`s unlike alot of members.well i`ve learned one lesson about this site and that`s not to ask for someones opinion when i find most of the other opinions on these subject`s unbelievable and when scientist`s dont even know the answers themselves, how can i possibly comment on what`s happening, as i see noone else has given any good information either that i feel i can research

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by l77way
reply to post by whoshotJR

SEEMS LIKE THERE`S ALOT OF PHAGE HATERS ON HERE. FOR MAKING VERY GOOD EXPLANATIONS FOR SOME VERY RIDICULOUS CLAIMS

I don't think anyone hates Phage. He is just so aloof and curt, it comes off as offensive. People get hurt feelings because they are not so thick skinned as others. When you are as brilliant, and you contribute so much useful stimulating material - I personally am riveted - you can afford to be aloof and snide at times. People should just quit making posts about someone whose circumstances you really don't know and whose life you might not envy in the slightest.

Naturally sites such as this will have more than it's share of de-bunkers, and genuine, paid 'skeptics for hire' trolling.
Look for those individuals you come to know who do not categorically reject a theory because of a single failed component. Life finds a way. This should be the only universal tenant.

But then I don't know everything. No one does. We are all only making a best guess based on this or that...even Phage.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Nothings gunna happen at least to us* If earth pole magnetic field shift is so dangerous, how did the dinosaurs survive for thousands of milolions of years? They way 2012 and pole shifting is being blow out of proportion, doomsday for humans* is absurd..then why did it happen to the dinosaurs ya know?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
2012 poleshift, here we come...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marker

On top of that when the poles flip the earth also changes direction as well so we spin the other way, that is a fact it has bin show in rocks, and other stuff.

No this is not a fact. The magnetite found in rocks does indicate many pole flips but that's just for magnetic North/south. It does not mean that the earth made an abrupt stop on a dime and then flipped to spinning the other way. In fact rocks show that this hasn't happened because it would cause complete destruction to much of the earth.

www.psc.edu... ( reading on it)

The last recorded flip was after the recorded dating of some really big ancient structures that would have been destroyed if the actual earth started spinning in another direction.

I'm not scientist so feel free to prove me wrong and I will admit the error of my ways.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction

If you want to survive your best odds are somewhere near the equator, personally I love storms and would rather just leave it to luck. Russian roulette so to speak.

The equator is the worse place to be. Remember that the Earth's magnetic field starts from the poles, and not the equator. Whoever told you the equator is the best place to survive either gave you the wrong information unknowingly, or they know and don't want you to survive.

The Earth's magnetic field has been weakening, it will come to a time that it will be so weak that the only regions that will have some protection from all the radiation, charged particles etc are the areas close to the poles. But since the magnetic poles are moving.....

BTW, this information appeared also on National Geographic.

North Magnetic Pole Moving East Due to Core Flux
Richard A. Lovett in San Francisco
for National Geographic News

December 24, 2009
Earth's north magnetic pole is racing toward Russia at almost 40 miles (64 kilometers) a year due to magnetic changes in the planet's core, new research says.

The core is too deep for scientists to directly detect its magnetic field. But researchers can infer the field's movements by tracking how Earth's magnetic field has been changing at the surface and in space.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

[edit on 31-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by l77way
reply to post by shagreen heart

SO YOUR SAYING I`M IGNORANT,JUST BECAUSE I FIND SCIENCE VERY DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND AND GET CONFUSED WHEN SCIENTIST`S START TALKING IN THEIR LANGUAGE JUST LIKE POLITICIANS DO,I`M REALLY SORRY I DIDN`T HAVE THE EDUCATION YOU HAD.I THOUGHT ATS WAS FOR EVERYONE`S OPPINION NO MATTER HOW SMALL.I USED TO JUST OBSERVE ATS BUT SINCE THE STANDARDS HAVE DROPPED SEVERELY ,I DONT FEEL THAT I`M NOT WORTHY OF THIS SITE ANYMORE

TURN OFF the freaking caps lock dude. You are making my eyes bleed.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deny Arrogance
The story here is the rapid acceleration.

ATS member leaves flippant, dismissive comment without bothering to do even minimal reading...nothing new about it.

Yeah...too much of that going around my friend...

There are people that don't bother to read threads because they think they have all the awnsers....

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have looked and looked and cannot find any reference to one thing.
If the North pole is racing towards Russia at a rate of 40 miles a year,how many years has this been happening?It tells me that it is more than one year,to be able to get some estimation.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Earths magnetic field switches all the time, its a documented pattern. Sorry I don't have any links to information, just going off of my memory about pole shifts. Its a normal proccess. The only difference is that modern man has not been around long enough to see what happens.
It does not normally lead to an actual tilt of the earths crust, so that is out of the question, but it probibly will mess up migration patterns.
Not that big of a deal IMO, we will survive and life will go on as usual.

It doesn't worry me, I can rest easy.

Do the research and look it up yourself, avoid the gloom and doom sites, stick with what if known and researched, checked out national geographics website and several geological sites about the earths history, and see what you find. It is not that big deal
Peace out!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it's related at all, but I and many others I know have been lightheaded lately. Last night while I was standing in the shower, it felt like the bath tub became a boat. I have also had other incidences while walking that felt like I was trying to walk on a swaying boat. No, I don't have an illness of any kind and neither do my friends and family. I'm lightheaded right now as a matter of fact.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
A writing by Albert Einstein that is relevant to this thread.

Foreword to the First Edition
by Albert Einstein

I frequently receive communications from people who wish to consult me concerning their unpublished ideas. It goes without saying that these ideas are very seldom possessed of scientific validity. The very first communication, however, that I received from Mr. Hapgood electrified me. His idea is original, of great simplicity, and—if it continues to prove itself—of great importance to everything that is related to the history of the earth’s surface.

A great many empirical data indicate that at each point on the earth’s surface that has been carefully studied, many climatic changes have taken place, apparently quite suddenly. This, according to Hapgood, is explicable if the virtually rigid outer crust of the earth undergoes, from time to time, extensive displacement over the viscous, plastic, possibly fluid inner layers. Such displacements may take place as the consequence of comparatively slight forces exerted on the crust, derived from the earth’s momentum of rotation, which in turn will tend to alter the axis of rotation, which in turn will tend to alter the axis of rotation of the earth’s crust.

In a polar region there is continual deposition of ice, which is not symmetrically distributed about the pole. The earth’s rotation acts on these unsymmetrically deposited masses, and produces centrifugal momentum that is transmitted to the rigid crust of the earth. The constantly increasing centrifugal produced in this way will, when it has reached a certain point, produce a movement of the earth’s crust over the rest of the earth’s body, and this will displace the polar regions toward the equator.

Without a doubt the earth’s crust is strong enough not to give way proportionately as the ice is deposited. The only doubtful assumption is that the earth’s crust can be moved easily enough over the inner layers.

The author has not confined himself to a simple presentation of this idea. He has also set forth, cautiously and comprehensively, the extraordinarily rich material that supports his displacement theory. I think that this rather astonishing, even fascinating, idea deserves the serious attention of anyone who concerns himself with the theory of the earth’s development.

To close with an observation that has occurred to me while writing these lines: If the earth’s crust is really so easily displaced over its substratum as this theory requires, then the rigid masses near the earth’s surface must be distributed in such a way that they give rise to displace the crust by centrifugal effect. I think that this deduction might be capable of verification, at least approximately. This centrifugal momentum should in any case be smaller than that produced by the masses of deposited ice.

Source

[edit on 8-1-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
hi all.

DANGER DANGER DANGER!!!

[my red flag upon the Playing field, is Placed!!

geologymaster.com...

David Dempsey from the State University of San Francisco was at the time of writing this paper the person responsible for collating the data used in producing the graphics for our Jet streams. Unfortunately he is unable to produce records earlier than Dec 2005, for the lack of computer storage space available to him! I am sure that if or when they have more space available the records will show definite examples of earth’s northern hexagon.

All the evidence I have studied indicates that magnetism directly creates earth’s jet streams along with its northern and southern ocean currents, but as far as I am able to determine this factor is not included in any of our climate models. Magnetic data appears to be collected from a very thin two-dimensional layer near earth’s surface. This data represents such a very tiny and insignificant layer of earth’s enormous magnetic field that it must be virtually useless to scientific research.

....snip......

My Conclusion

I suggest earth’s core has a distinct wobble. And that its distant historic path has been recorded within the 400,000 year ice core records recently collected by scientists, and that it’s more recent movement has been recorded within the historic path of earth’s north magnetic pole. Earth’s magnetic field has much more effect on earth’s own atmosphere and weather patterns than ever we could imagine.

I also suggest that earth’s Arctic and Antarctic ice caps are not simply melting, they are merely moving in conjunction with earth’s core and magnetic field.

And as earth’s magnetic field (indicated by recent movement of its magnetic poles) is moving in an unusual direction and velocity at this very moment, it is not surprising we are undergoing this present period of Climate Change.

A further thought is that earth may never have been under the influence of an ice age in the way we are presently taught. Instead because of the movement of our ice caps I believe it may have created an illusion by producing mini or local ice ages where ever they move, but on a much shorter time scale.

bad news!
if he is right, this 40, or so, miles per year is not an "acedemic" question at all! It is of Ice and cold and life and death!!
maybe the new Normal. what will happen when the true mag pole gets to Sibera?! "Labrador" climate for Europe? -20 far. as a matter of weekly course, for London?

?????

freestone

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by freestonew

Having read more and more about this I tend to think it's more than likely true. Remember the movie "Hunt for Red Octorber"? The Soviet sub used a silent drive system using superconducting magnets running along 2 tubes down both sides of the sub using the magnetic attraction of water to suck it through an opening in the bow and blowing it out the stern.

MHD

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by freestonew

bad news!
if he is right, this 40, or so, miles per year is not an "acedemic" question at all! It is of Ice and cold and life and death!!
maybe the new Normal. what will happen when the true mag pole gets to Sibera?! "Labrador" climate for Europe? -20 far. as a matter of weekly course, for London?

Pole shift and climate change are two different events, so if the poles wandered around and finally shifted it would not change what part of the earth gets cold or warm. The tilt of the earth is what does this...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join