It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flux (See note)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RjKon
in.news.yahoo.com...

Washington, December 25 (ANI): A new research has determined that Earth's north magnetic pole is racing toward Russia at almost 40 miles (64 kilometers) a year due to magnetic changes in the planet's core.

This is absolutely crazy! I won't comment too much on it right away because I don't fully understand the ramifications of it. Dedicate this thread to the discussion of how this will impact us as a people?

Quick! Someone email Nibiru and let her know.

(Note
Tried to put this in BREAKING NEWS But the 'compression rate' had an error or something.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I beg to differ with this being a minor problem. I wanted to talk about the 1,000s of years that it takes for one rotation.

Here's my example. We are getting closer to the center of our solar system correct? Next to that big oh thang called the black hole. I believe that we are at a stage of change due to that reason. We are getting closer and closer but the problem is that we have to be in the VERY center for it to show any huge drastic changes. Think of a golf ball trying to get a hole in one. The only way for a drastic change is that ball gets into the hole. SO right now we have some minor affects and we should suddeny see more and more. 2012 people 2012

You do realize that one rotation around our galaxy takes about 225-250 mill years right? I do not see a sudden change emerging with that in mind.
Read more here: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 26-12-2009 by DwaynetheSpecious]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I beg to differ with this being a minor problem. I wanted to talk about the 1,000s of years that it takes for one rotation.

Here's my example. We are getting closer to the center of our solar system correct? Next to that big oh thang called the black hole. I believe that we are at a stage of change due to that reason. We are getting closer and closer but the problem is that we have to be in the VERY center for it to show any huge drastic changes. Think of a golf ball trying to get a hole in one. The only way for a drastic change is that ball gets into the hole. SO right now we have some minor affects and we should suddeny see more and more. 2012 people 2012

The black hole lies at the center of the galaxy, not the solar system. And we're nowhere close to that. And thousands of years for 1 rotation of what??? Earth? Nope - 24 hours. Galaxy? Nope - 255 million years.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Just to expand on the info you provided and to clarify:

It takes 365 days for Earth to orbit the Sun....

The sun is about 26,000 light-years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy, which is about 80,000 to 120,000 light-years across (and less than 7,000 light-years thick). We are located on on one of its spiral arms, out towards the edge. It takes the sun (and our solar system) roughly 200-250 million years to orbit once around the Milky Way. In this orbit, we (and the rest of the Solar System) are traveling at a velocity of about 155 miles/sec (250 km/sec).

Link to Full Article

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Anamnesis]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RjKon

This is unrelated www.youtube.com... until you find this magnetic shift is suggested in the design of the crop circles. Some are translating these crop circle phenomena and are saying this magnetic shift has already begun and what to do about it. Nothing.

Look at the crop circle that looks like a giant squid, compared to an image of the earths gravitational field to see they are one in the same. So whoever is responsible for the crop circles - apparently these hoaxers have a vast knowledge of earths magnetic north as well.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
The north pole is always migrating...nothing new about it.

Wow...really?

You mean exactly as they mention in the OP's article that you apparently didn't bother to read?

The story here is the rapid acceleration.

ATS member leaves flippant, dismissive comment without bothering to do even minimal reading...nothing new about it.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny Arrogance

Actually the speed with which this is happening IS new. Perhaps getting up on the other side of the bed will help with your perspective on this.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv

"People like to think something special is happening in their lifetimes, but despite the dramatic changes, I don't see any evidence of it," Stoner said. "It's probably just a normal wandering of the pole."

news.nationalgeographic.com...

[edit on 25-12-2009 by ressiv]

I completely agree. It's almost like the religious fanatics who swear the apocalypse will occur in the next few years or certainly within their lifetimes. If a big hurricane comes, it's a sign!

Similarly, if a change occurs in the Earth that we can't yet fully understand, it means something huge is on the way! I think most of us delving into this stuff are bored and want to fantasize a major change is coming that change the world in a matter of weeks.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Do not Panic.

First of all, orient yourself with the data source. This "news flash" comes from India, and it claims the source as "Washington". So let's give it a go and tackle what is said based upon SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE.

"It's this region that could be pulling the magnetic pole away from its long-time location in northern Canada," said Arnaud Chulliat, a geophysicist at the Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris in France."

This is totally unfounded and a 'region' on the surface of the earth is absolutely not a reason that the MAGNORTH would be orienting itself there.

"Right now, magnetic north is close to Canada's Ellesmere Island."

True, and it changes , albeit minutely, on a daily basis.

"Navigators have used magnetic north for centuries to orient themselves when they are far from recognizable landmarks."

In today's day and age, navigators rely on daily NOTAMS and related reports to adjust a magnetic compass to what is reported as MAGNORTH.

"Although global positioning systems have largely replaced such traditional "techniques, many people still find compasses useful for getting around underwater and underground where GPS satellites can't communicate."

Yes, and if they are professional in any way, they use the same solution as in the previous statement to make sure they know where they are going before embarking on a long journey.

"The magnetic north pole had moved little from the time scientists first located it in 1831."

Not drastic, but it is different every day, and somewhat unpredictable.

"Then in 1904, the pole began shifting northeastward at a steady pace of about 9 miles (15 kilometers) a year."

This is a true statement.

"In 1989 it sped up again, and in 2007 scientists confirmed that the pole is now galloping toward Siberia at 34 to 37 miles (55 to 60 kilometers) a year."

This is also true. Scientists think there is a plume in the Earth's core that is causing this. It may shrink back, or perhaps become more pronounced and cause a major shift in MAGNORTH. Note that MAGSOUTH may not move exactly in opposition, producing a wierd magnetic signature for the Earth for a while until it stabilizes.

"A rapidly shifting magnetic pole means that magnetic-field maps need to be updated more often to allow compass users to make the crucial adjustment from magnetic north to true North."

Most usefull maps are true North oriented. Magnetic field maps are more realtime now. They are reproduced electronically, and hard copy is very dated material.

"Geologists think Earth has a magnetic field because the core is made up of a solid iron center surrounded by rapidly spinning liquid rock."

Deep seizmic analysis says that is true.

"This creates a "dynamo" that drives our magnetic field. cientists had long suspected that, since the molten core is constantly moving, changes in its magnetism might be affecting the surface location of magnetic north."

The only way to prove that, is to go there. Hard to do.

"Although the new research seems to back up this idea, Chulliat is skeptical whether magnetic north will eventually cross into Russia."

Well, there is scientific evidence in ancient Basalt with high Iron content, that this puppy can do a 180 on ya, and then again, it may just go back the other way. Who knows? It does not mean the Earth will flip around, just that the magnetic orientation will.

"It's too difficult to forecast," Chulliat said. (ANI)"

Gotta believe that!

(Edited for spelling)

[edit on 26-12-2009 by charlyv]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
OP Posted The deal is this, the Earth rides on this electric node ring emitted from the sun, all the planets does this, when the sun does it thing with the 'added' effect from the incoming forcefield, there will be a normal solar polarshift x10 or 20 or something, the Earths megnetic field will be blown apart and there is no stability, as the shield is gone, the Earths crust gets warmer as in Not solid to hold the plates in its place, they start to drift, and it doesnt have anything to do with the Co2...It is the Microwave effect from the Sun and Space that is doing this....The Big Squize,we gonna go thru the extreme in and we are going to go thru the extreme out. 7 years in Totall, Tribulation any one ??? How many years ?
Well, there is so much more to this, I really cant explain, but, why is there a 350 year old cross in France speaking of this??? Seriously, one have to be in really deep denial to discard such old 'tell-tales' wouldnt you agree?

-------------------reply----------------------
and the reason it's going to hit us hard this time around is because we have depleted a lot of the lubricant (OIL is the liason material between the earth mantle and lower extremeties of the crust) that helps act as a lubricant for the plates to float slowly and freely.. this time around is going to be a serious mess.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by TimeSlip2009]

[edit on 26-12-2009 by TimeSlip2009]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TimeSlip2009

Now, see.. I came out and elaborated on this post in a somewhat reasonable and supportive fashion, and they you had to come out and say all that. Gimme a break man. You need to get a handle on what science knows and what fantacy produces. Very discouraging.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by l77way
we could do with phage`s opinion on this one,he allway`s put`s my over active mind at ease with these scary stories

I would suggest in all reasonableness that relying overly on another members opinions/beliefs is most certainly NOT the way to go. By all means, take that members input on board but DO NOT fall into the trap as so many here seem to have done, believing that the post of one particular member should be taken as gospel.

You'd be far better served by doing some simple research of your own and arriving at your very own conclusions ... easy enough to Google and find a wealth of information at your fingertips.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I too have felt that kind of wobble. I thought it was the non-tobacco plant I was smoking.

I think there is something to the 2012 dark rift theory. As believed the Earth's core producing our magnetic shield, the sun produces the Helioshere which protects our solar system, the super-massive blackhole at the center of the Milky Way also produces a magnetic shield around our galaxy. When our solar system passes through the galaxy's ecliptic with it's magnetic field and our sine wave pattern through said ecliptic could this cause the earth's iron core to rotate? Timeline to 2012 part 6 I believe he explains this better.

It would cause a geographical pole shift of another 40deg making our inclination 63.5deg and causing massive tectonic upheavals as our rotation stops and tortion effects on the crust as it still has momentum in our current orientation and rotation.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

I wonder how much of this shift can be attributed to the spinning motion of the earth's inner and outer core.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I wonder how much this shift is attributed by the spinning motion of the earth's inner and outer core, which, in turn, act like a super dynamo.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The pole shift is a small part of a bigger picture.

I to have felt the shift on the ground, at first I thought it was an earth quake but when I cheeked it was not.

The pole shift is real there is no mistaken it, but what comes with it is this.
I have bin doing a lot of looking in to this and this is what I found.
It's all on the internet you just have to look for it.

As the poles shift the magnetic filed begins to weaken to the point where it is so week it can no longer protect us from the sun and the interstellar cosmic rays. We are beings of gravity we can not survive with out gravity that has bin determined by scientist studding astronauts in space. With out gravity our ears wont work and we can't balance.

On top of that when the poles flip the earth also changes direction as well so we spin the other way, that is a fact it has bin show in rocks, and other stuff.

The other thing is we live on a hollow earth so no dynamo, our gravity is in the middle of the earths crust and is created by the electrical universe that we live in. This all has to do with where we are in the planetary position to the milky way.

This is also going to affect our DNA it will change the we all function it will mutate us, this is has bin in proses since 1994. The change is granule but noticeable, your kids would notice it more that you.

It will also bring 5 vary important things.
1 The ability to self heal, no ,more health care no more drugs.
2 We will have 0 point energy, no more paying for power we will be free of all governments. And oil company and any other conglomerates.
3 We will enter what is called the Golden Age, where 400+ years will be the average live span.
4 we will all be able to communicate by mental telepathy, no more cell phone bills.
5 This all starts after 2012 that is when we start anew, yes this looks like fiction but it is the natural prog ration on the human race, that is what the ET are waiting for, to exist more like them, are you all not tired of the way we are up to now don't you all want a change one that places you life in your hands not in others all the time, are you not tired of all the control and terror that is in this world is it not about time that this all changes.

Would this not be the best thing we could hope for, to have control or your body and life in your own hands and to live in piece with ET's.
One other thing is you will have the power to create insistently what ever you wish for, that is tremendous power are you ready for that, well it's coming believe me or not but is why 6+ billion people are here for to experience this metamorphose and live in the Golden age.

I challenge all to prove this wrong, but your heat knows this is right no mater what your head tells you, 6+billion soles knows this, why would they want to be here if we are all to die, that is not what my heat tells me.

Just try listening to yours.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This is HAARP.

It's the secret weapon technology.

In a few years when the magnetic pole is over Russia Haarp is going to trigger hyper dimensional wormhole it's partner THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDER will have in place and Russia will Go Poof in a puff of cosmic dust. The USA gets another one.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by marker

On top of that when the poles flip the earth also changes direction as well so we spin the other way, that is a fact it has bin show in rocks, and other stuff.

Really? Are you sure about that. Could you please post a source for that information, as I can't seem to locate any.

You do realize the discussion is about "Magnetic" pole reversal?

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Julie Washington]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

At first I thought it was vertigo or some inner ear thing. Went to the doc to get things checked out. All's well. It doesn't happen all the time. And there seems to be quite a few people that have the same sensation.
So no dis respect taken. Just know that I wouldn't have posted if I hadn't already come to the conclusion that it wasn't medical. Common sense, I have a lot of....

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Wikipedia (assuming we can believe the sources cited, which I checked and appear credible, but I'm no expert) says that even a complete magnetic pole shift likely wouldn't bring about any catastrophic changes for humans on Earth. Based on geological evidence, they suggest that mass extinctions have not been correlated with magnetic pole shifts, and that homo erectus survived them.

It suggests the possibility of irradiation by cosmic rays, but there appears to be no evidence (yet) of this happening as a direct result of magnetic pole shifts in the past.

Wikipedia

That said, anything is possible when dealing with something we as a modern species haven't yet confronted.

Edit for blatant sleepiness-induced typos.

[edit on 12/28/2009 by AceWombat04]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join