It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's north magnetic pole racing towards Russia due to core flux (See note)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by toltecnightmare

Too many members just keep trusting Phage, and all I have seen him do is trying to debunk everything, even when he is wrong, and he has been wrong many times even thou he doesn't like to admit it.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
it does fluctuate from time to time, people get the impression it stays in the exact same point and never wobbles from time to time,

i had a feeling there was something up but did know wot here in the uk we got a ft of snow and pretty much snow shower every day for a good week and its normaly reletivly mild around december he we dont seem to really hit winter till mid jan to end of feb,

i notised the weather was coming from the continent and thats allways when we in the uk get a very cold snap the winds was pretty much going directly west to canada/usa witch ive never seen them go that far out without hitting the jet stream and redirecting back in with low pressures, the jet stream looked like it had moves south and was coming in over southern spain & north africa,

id be more concerned if the pole didnt go back to its original location just slight nick in are weather patterns anywhere could have huge effects, if the pole did shift all the way to moscow the sahara may look very diffrent next year,

I felt some wobbles when I was last in the United States, about 3 years ago. I would be in a building in downtown San Diego, and it would feel like I was in an elevator, or that the floor was tilting or moving. It could happen occasionally, but then subside in a moment or two.

This effect completely disappeared when I returned to New Zealand. Then when I was in the states before that, the same thing happened. So, I'm not sure if people get used to the magnetism of their particular locality, and then when they travel their body has some adjustment to make. So, if the magnetism is changing now, it could create the same effect even if you are not traveling.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by downisreallyup]

you may have expirianced some mild tremors or magneting feilds from the fault lines there, magnetic feilds big enuff can make you feel like that when the brain gets exposed to them, can even course holusinations and bright lights.

not sure you would feel any effects of the magnetic poles that far south tho.

we had a earthquake just over a year and a half ago here in the UK, it was only about 4.-5. something on the Rscale but i do remember feeling abit paranoid and scared before hand as if something changed of bad was going to happen or as if someone was watching me, really erie...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by freestonew
if the core is tipping, it might soon "pull along" the crust too, making for a Real Pole Shift, as the skin of the earth begins to slide, and slide on the ever-heating magma!
freestone

Antartica wasn't always at the South Pole. A close friend of mine that is a metallurgist for a mine told me recently during a discussion about continental drift that they base a lot of their science on what we see today and have experienced in recent geological history. He said that there's always the possibility that changes occurred much faster than conventional wisdom maintains.

Magnetic pole drift doesn't correlate with plate tectonic movement as far as we know, yet that's under the myopic assumption that all the relevant data has been attained and studied.

As a good friend of mine once told me, "To say one knows everything about anything is folly." I can only hope that the drift of the poles will not disrupt the shielding we have against discharges from the sun. We know that the planet has been through it several times from the geologic record, but we don't know the extent of the damage caused. While the atmosphere will protect us from UV emissions from the Sun even without the protection of the dynamo, we would likely be susceptible to CME's should we be, "in the line of fire" so to speak.

Interesting times.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I like this line from NASA:

The Sun's dipolar field is about as strong as a refrigerator magnet, or 50 gauss (a unit of magnetic intensity). Earth's magnetic field is 100 times weaker.
science.nasa.gov...

Next time my refrigerator magnet falls off, and I see it happen, should I get really scared?

Don't worry about a magnetic shift. The shift is oscillating every day at around 85 km in an oval, per this site: gsc.nrcan.gc.ca... and it has moved considerably in the past 60 years. Have you noticed any difference? Not I.

Now, a geological polar shift, if rapid, could be of concern. I expect it to be slow, too.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but Cliff High on HalfPast Human.com has the most logical and scientific explanation for this current global and indeed, solar system wide shifting.
I don't think anyone has tried to refute the science of what he puts out there.
According to his math and that of others, the calculations they make predict all of this and more to come.

As BTO would put it, "BBBBaby you ain't seen nothin' yet."

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by toltecnightmare

Too many members just keep trusting Phage, and all I have seen him do is trying to debunk everything, even when he is wrong, and he has been wrong many times even thou he doesn't like to admit it.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

Well who else is going to debunk? I never seen anyone try and debunk their own obsessions.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zosocoda

no disrespect - but the evidence you present points to a medical condition , not gravitiational / magnetic flucuations

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Well who else is going to debunk? I never seen anyone try and debunk their own obsessions.

Having a skeptical mind is ok, but Phage's mind is just closed off. He is the kind of person who thinks "everything has a natural explanation" which leaves to question as for his reasons to be here.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bpg131313

Originally posted by freestonew
if the core is tipping, it might soon "pull along" the crust too, making for a Real Pole Shift, as the skin of the earth begins to slide, and slide on the ever-heating magma!
freestone

Antartica wasn't always at the South Pole. A close friend of mine that is a metallurgist for a mine told me recently during a discussion about continental drift that they base a lot of their science on what we see today and have experienced in recent geological history. He said that there's always the possibility that changes occurred much faster than conventional wisdom maintains.

Magnetic pole drift doesn't correlate with plate tectonic movement as far as we know, yet that's under the myopic assumption that all the relevant data has been attained and studied.

As a good friend of mine once told me, "To say one knows everything about anything is folly." I can only hope that the drift of the poles will not disrupt the shielding we have against discharges from the sun. We know that the planet has been through it several times from the geologic record, but we don't know the extent of the damage caused. While the atmosphere will protect us from UV emissions from the Sun even without the protection of the dynamo, we would likely be susceptible to CME's should we be, "in the line of fire" so to speak.

Interesting times.

Actually, the NORTH POLE is in Antarctica. It's true and something that most people don't realize. Magnetic North is in Antarctica... true enough! What this means is that the earth's magnetic flux flows from Antarctica to the Arctic. The only reason the "north pole" is called that is because of map makers who were first located in the "northern" hemisphere, and they wanted to make maps with things oriented as we usually see them.

Earth's magnetic field (and the surface magnetic field) is approximately a magnetic dipole, with the magnetic field S pole near the Earth's geographic north pole (see Magnetic North Pole) and the other magnetic field N pole near the Earth's geographic south pole (see Magnetic South Pole).

Source

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
ACTULLY there has been some changes cant remember the last time north america, canada, uk, europe, & russia have all had server winter storms at the same time in my life, to be honest and im a majory metrologial buff, never seen the jet stream so close to the equator either, and on the flip im pretty sure the southern hemephere has never seen as many firestorms "aus" the polar shift has deffo effected us all but minorly compare to wot it can dish out,

check the data for the past 2 weeks in the run up to xmas,

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Having a skeptical mind is ok, but Phage's mind is just closed off. He is the kind of person who thinks "everything has a natural explanation" which leaves to question as for his reasons to be here.

I am not a religious person but I just can't help it ..isn't god 'natural'. In other words if you look at ir the right way everything does have a natural explanation. Its just that we may not understand the 'rules', yet!

I am sure TV would look pretty magic to Benjamin Franklin.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Magnets do have force in them, and those forces can affect physical things. I suppose it could trigger big events or only have a mild effect. I just don't know.

Troy

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

From my experience we have three types of people here, and as example, let’s say there is a strange light in the sky and three guys are standing there watching it. The first guy says "look at that strange light in the sky", the next person says "look at the alien space ship", and the third says "look at that space ship full of Greys that just took off from the secret NWO base.

In the end we might say all three could be true, when we are talking about endless possibilities, but the only true fact is there is a strange light in the sky. It all boils down to just how much evidence a person needs to be convinced, and the frustration sets in when a person needs little evidence runs up against a person who wants a lot more.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
X2 posts

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by l77way
we could do with phage`s opinion on this one,he allway`s put`s my over active mind at ease with these scary stories

Not trying to take away from phage because I like and respect the guy but learn to think for yourself. It drives me nuts when people look towards others that are not experts yet they treat them like gospel. Sure phage is a smart guy be even he would say there is stuff that he is just making an educated guess on.

Don't drop everything and wait with baited breath, look it up and do your own research. If it happens to line up with somebody you respect like phage then more power to you. maybe you can continue the trend and then become just like the person you are enamored with.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by l77way
we could do with phage`s opinion on this one,he allway`s put`s my over active mind at ease with these scary stories

Not trying to take away from phage because I like and respect the guy but learn to think for yourself. It drives me nuts when people look towards others that are not experts yet they treat them like gospel. Sure phage is a smart guy be even he would say there is stuff that he is just making an educated guess on.

Don't drop everything and wait with baited breath, look it up and do your own research. If it happens to line up with somebody you respect like phage then more power to you. maybe you can continue the trend and then become just like the person you are enamored with.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I don't know who this phage is and haven't read his comment, but I did watch a serious research on the subject and they pointed out that the Earth has had pole shifts in its history. It is 'witten' in our soil, which keeps a trace of the planet's polarity, it also sas it happened very quickly.
They went on to say that a poleshift would cause an awful lot of damage as our EM shield protects us from the Sun and that we do not have much time until the next shift.

Perhaps it is happening as we speak.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by TheOracle]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
What a ridiculous headline.

They should state the phenomena, not "caused by (bad hypothesis here)."

The propganda news in science and politics gets worse everyday.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Yandros]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by l77way

wow, great example of the 'deny ignorance' motto.

please myopic skeptic, tell me this craziness isn't reality and i'm gonna be safe tonight! why are you even on this website, and posting in this thread no less.

this is happening. adapt or have fun listening to people telling you nothings wrong.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If this is true could this be the start of the polar shift?40miles per year seems a hell of a lot,I think a polar shift is now over due

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join