It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Pagan Fertility Celebration!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Happy Pagan Fertility Celebration Everyone!

Merry day of ancient , pre-christian nature loving, earth celebrating, life - enforcing , love and tolerance affirming people!

Celebrate fertility today everyone!

Hey, how many people spent time or will spend time today with family members while wishing they were on the ATS
?

[edit on 25-12-2009 by dragonsmusic]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Apparently a lot of people will be spending time with their family than on ATS seeing as nobody has posted anything yet.

In our family we did everything yesterday. Today we just hang out and do whatever, watch movies, go to a friends house for coffee etc.

What makes me wonder is how nobody knows this is really the pagan holiday of yule. Have we all been brain washed to give energy unknowingly to another entity?

Spooooky.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra
Apparently a lot of people will be spending time with their family than on ATS seeing as nobody has posted anything yet.

In our family we did everything yesterday. Today we just hang out and do whatever, watch movies, go to a friends house for coffee etc.

What makes me wonder is how nobody knows this is really the pagan holiday of yule. Have we all been brain washed to give energy unknowingly to another entity?

Spooooky.

I just posted it!
Many might be busy.
Though I can picture a lot of us listening to that relative while thinking about being back on the ATS

And yes, I think we are celebrating the wrong entity.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hey, rule is "Xtians eat everything" St. Paul said so!

That includes "Pagan Fertility Celebrations " so P.F.C.s consider yourselves pwned, swallowed, digesting and later today to be shat out.

Merry Over Consumption Day to all!

Burp!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Thank you for your post,it made me smile! We are not religous at all ,so today for my kids is really all about the presents (We have six kids!) and the brilliant dinner my husband cooks!
We live in the countryside in England so have managed to escape much of the madness surrounding Christmas and thanks to internet search engines have been able to explain to them a lot of the real customs behind celebrations at this time of year!!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by urwatu8
Hey, rule is "Xtians eat everything" St. Paul said so!

That includes "Pagan Fertility Celebrations " so P.F.C.s consider yourselves pwned, swallowed, digesting and later today to be shat out.

Merry Over Consumption Day to all!

Burp!

Thanks for that olfactory/ gustatory description of your pagan holiday celebrations, urwatu8
How's everyone else out there?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by saratoga123
Thank you for your post,it made me smile! We are not religous at all ,so today for my kids is really all about the presents (We have six kids!) and the brilliant dinner my husband cooks!
We live in the countryside in England so have managed to escape much of the madness surrounding Christmas and thanks to internet search engines have been able to explain to them a lot of the real customs behind celebrations at this time of year!!

Glad I could make you smile.
Man that's a lot of kids! Whoa.
Thanks for sharing your pagan holiday celebration story

And thank you for painting such a lovely image with your words.
The English countryside must be beautiful this time of year; but it would be way too cold for this southern man. (southeastern u.s. man

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Have a Happy Festivus!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hey dragon, I flagged you. As an adult I've come to hate this occasion with a passion. I'm single but get invited by relatives and friends to join them in their ridiculous rituals, but refuse them all.

I hate the gifts, which is a total scam to fill big corp's coffers. I hate the mandatory happy time meals. I especially hate turkey -- the most artificial fowl there is amongst the plethora of artificial food birds they try to stuff us with these days.

The only good thing about this time of year is EGG NOG! Yeah!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

Hey, how many people spent time or will spend time today with family members while wishing they were on the ATS
?

I am going to say the losers of the world...
I mean come on, I come on ATS when there is free time. For those of you that live for a certain website, get a life...seriously.
Life is full of so much...don't waste it on your computers.

Originally posted by wayno
Hey dragon, I flagged you. As an adult I've come to hate this occasion with a passion. I'm single but get invited by relatives and friends to join them in their ridiculous rituals, but refuse them all.

I hate the gifts, which is a total scam to fill big corp's coffers. I hate the mandatory happy time meals. I especially hate turkey -- the most artificial fowl there is amongst the plethora of artificial food birds they try to stuff us with these days.

I can't see why your single...your such a ray of sunshine
No wonder you hate these holidays...your single and lonely. They invite you out of pity buddy...you should go and make everyone miserable...

[edit on 25-12-2009 by kerazeesicko]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

It's definitely to fill the coffers.
"mandatory happy time meals"
lmao rotf

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thanks for this, nice to see people remember the ancient ways :-)

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

?

I am going to say the losers of the world...
I mean come on, I come on ATS when there is free time. For those of you that live for a certain website, get a life...seriously.
Life is full of so much...don't waste it on your computers.

I can't see why your single...your such a ray of sunshine
No wonder you hate these holidays...your single and lonely. They invite you out of pity buddy...you should go and make everyone miserable...

That part was in reference to the fact that ATS members often enjoy their time here ; if some wish they were somewhere else at the moment then it's a bit of humor; take it easy tiger.
Why do you feel the need to try and put down wayno on this day of celebration?
That's ironic kerazeesicko, cause you're the only one who is obviously miserable on this thread
!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isis_Is_I
Thanks for this, nice to see people remember the ancient ways :-)

No problem.

The ancient rituals were in celebration of life and being human.
It wasn't about buying anything.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

It's not wrong to point out the obvious...not my fault if he is insulted..
I am a miserable SOB...but I do enjoy the holidays...people spend a lot and I make out great. So have a great ...ummm..WHATEVER..

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
well i got vodka ats and "whatever day this is"

lol better than crappy reruns of benher!! LOL

ATS alll the way!! hehe

and just so i dont look like a smacktard for all you happy xmas people!!

seasons greetings and all that jazzry

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

lol your sig just make me spit out my drink

aahaha

classic

what do you call a hard working person in the UK

polish

Lol sorr y

[edit on 25-12-2009 by 13579]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I completely agree with you. Except for the egg nog. I hate that nasty stuff. If you are christain, the bible forbids this kind of celebration because it is an ancient pagan celebration. God forbids us of worshipping Him the way the pagans worship their gods. He forbids us to celebrate God the way the pagans celebrated their gods. The christmas tree, wreaths, holly bush, candle in the window, birth of a god, gift giving, santa (odin), 8 reindeer (8 legged horse), flying sleigh (flying chariot), etc. Every aspect of christmas is stolen from pagan traditions. No offense to any pagans on here. I'm just trying not to be a poser by stealing your traditions for my own. No christain should be doing that.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13579
well i got vodka ats and "whatever day this is"

lol better than crappy reruns of benher!! LOL

ATS alll the way!! hehe

and just so i dont look like a smacktard for all you happy xmas people!!

seasons greetings and all that jazzry

vodka and the ats could make a real interesting day, buddy!
thanks for sharing your pagan holiday celebration activities!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8

I completely agree with you. Except for the egg nog. I hate that nasty stuff. If you are christain, the bible forbids this kind of celebration because it is an ancient pagan celebration. God forbids us of worshipping Him the way the pagans worship their gods. He forbids us to celebrate God the way the pagans celebrated their gods. The christmas tree, wreaths, holly bush, candle in the window, birth of a god, gift giving, santa (odin), 8 reindeer (8 legged horse), flying sleigh (flying chariot), etc. Every aspect of christmas is stolen from pagan traditions. No offense to any pagans on here. I'm just trying not to be a poser by stealing your traditions for my own. No christain should be doing that.

Egg nog, for sure

How are you celebrating then; since you are a believer in god, but don't want to use stolen rituals?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join