It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grinches robbing US poor at Christmas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Grinches robbing US poor at Christmas

rawstory.com

In Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, around two weeks ago, more than 1,000 dollars' worth of donated toys, bikes, and dolls that had been collected by a motorcyclists' rights group to give to poor kids were stolen from a storage shed, the bikers said on their website.

Thieves have also struck at charities' toy depots in Kansas, Illinois, and New York, where the Salvation Army of Ithaca and Tompkins County had hundreds of toys stolen just weeks before Christmas.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
People steeling things is not a new story. Steeling from a charity may not be new either, but it is more uncommon. What I think needs to be asked is why are these people targeting a charity? Do they need all the toys, or are they looking to unload them for cash as a thief would do for most items stolen? I will hold opinion on this one for the time. Please post what ever you think.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
It is tough to sink any lower than stealing toys from poor children. I hope they are caught and shamed on national tv.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I do not know about the whole heaven and hell thing but I do think you can do something so bad it actually hurts your soul. I can not think of many things worse than this to hurt so many that need so bad. It makes me beyond angry and its probably some dumb kid who just ruined the toys anyway. I wish I could catch them doing it they would never make to jail.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Thanks to every one who is posting.
Subjective
The article said it was large amounts of toys that were stolen. To me this makes it sounds like it was not one or two kids doing the steeling. It just sounds to me more organized then then. It sounds to be some one with a truck or a car large enough to put a cash of toys into.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

How can people sink so low?

This is a huge and horrible crime - much bigger than the perpetrators even realize.

How can people be so mean and evil? Answer- because the devil rules the world right now.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Individuals like that should be executed.

How cruel, especially at this time of year.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I wonder if these stolen toys will end up on ebay? This is really a
shame that someone has to steal another persons christmas.

A"friend", of my daughter, stole my grandbaby's halloween costume.
She then had the nerve to brag how cute her baby looked in my grandson's costume.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

What will happen to the toys does make me wonder. Since it did seem to be a cash of toys it makes me think the criminal did not want all of them for him self. The possibility of them ending up on ebay is more sickening to me then the criminal taking them for his family or his community. Because that mean the motive of the crime was pure old fashion greed.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thefts/robberies always go up just prior to Christmas, in my experience.
Maybe they felt as though they needed the toys, maybe they did. Goodwill Stores sell the merchandise in order to provide "jobs". Perhaps the perpetrator has shot himself in the foot, if it's an inside job, and the Goodwill will not be able to keep him on their payroll.

Happy ending!
From the linked story:

"But some of the robbery stories have had silver linings.

People were so moved when they heard the stories of toys for underprivileged children being stolen that they donated even more than the South Carolina bikers or other charities had in the first place."

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Dogdish]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Cruel evil people are always just that no matter the day or events surrounding said day. I do believe people can change, but they must decide to honestly do that and take responsibility for their every action. It is also evident that we have no shortage of dishonest, corrupt, and overall evil people present in the world we live in today.

Seeing as the quantity of toys taken was more than just a few it is obvious they are not stealing out of “believed” need. They are stealing for pure greed. I believe the statement about these toys ending up on EBay is pretty accurate. Obviously these people have little or no heartfelt emotion in their bodies.

Even if they felt they needed to steal something for their family members it is sad they would chose to steal from the needy. It is purely pathetic to steal regardless but even more so to steal from those who are in the same situation as you if not worse.

It would be nice to see public punishment again.

Raist

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I cannot imagine this will end well for the perpetrators. It is one thing to steal from the salvation army and all that but I hear that these motorized bicycle enthusiasts can get very angry when you wrong them. Just what I heard though. I think the worst part of it is what was stolen. At least maybe food or medicine could be somewhat kind of sort of maybe a little justified in some people's minds but I can not imagine how tickle-me-elmo is really worth stealing from people who already have so little.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Good ol' Media. They just love to frame a story just right to get everyone riled up and screaming for blood.

The ol' lynch mob trick......get's us every time...

I'd wait for further information on this case before lighting the torches and jumping in the back of a pickup truck...

[edit on 26-12-2009 by juzchilln]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
It happened in my state as well. Once it made it on the news everything was replaced and then some.

One has to assume that these charities are more vulnerable than a normal retail store and therefore are easy pickings for thieves.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Thats low ....
... and who's the one with a million lookalikes .. in disguise
on every street corner ?
... and a bit fat and lazy ... [works 1 day a year !]
HO

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
People are looking for a Robin Hood not some robber from the hood.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

Yes because there is a logical explanation for the stealing of a large number of toys. I mean they are ever so needed to get through one’s daily dealings with life.

There is nothing the media could do to not make people get upset with this.
Toys were stolen from a charity for underprivileged kids. You know kids who are going to get nothing at all while some of their friends get something. These are kids who might not even have a toy to their name. While toys and playing might not be super important to life it is somewhat important to development in many ways. Adults (you know those who did the stealing) don’t need toys. There is only one reason that such a number of toys would be taken, simple greed.

I say let the crowd get the torches as you like to say. What excuse are you going to give for stealing toys from charity? God forbid if people want a criminal to be punished for their crimes.

Raist

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The number one place items like these go after being stolen is local flea markets and swap meets in the area. It is pretty much all profit as it is bought it bulk from the thieves and then resold at the various booths and vendors. Now not ALL vendors in these markets are like that however you can ask anyone who regularly have booths at markets and they will tell you the same. As there is very little you can do to legally verify the origins of the merchandise, once it is out of the hands of the thieves it is essentially a perfect crime. 4 Years of Loss Prevention and Investigations with local police units into mass thefts like this, and it is a sad truth.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Yes because there is a logical explanation for the stealing of a large number of toys. I mean they are ever so needed to get through one’s daily dealings with life.

There is nothing the media could do to not make people get upset with this.
Toys were stolen from a charity for underprivileged kids. You know kids who are going to get nothing at all while some of their friends get something. These are kids who might not even have a toy to their name. While toys and playing might not be super important to life it is somewhat important to development in many ways. Adults (you know those who did the stealing) don’t need toys. There is only one reason that such a number of toys would be taken, simple greed.

I say let the crowd get the torches as you like to say. What excuse are you going to give for stealing toys from charity? God forbid if people want a criminal to be punished for their crimes.

Raist

Never come between a person and their craving for having things to hate. I personally avoid being around people who get manipulated by new's articles.

For all I know..someone inside the charities could've done this. Who the hell knows.

You go ahead and go with the story you're given...I'll keep my torch in the attic.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Who is going with the story given?

The facts are some scum bag (regardless of who they are) stole toys from kids who do not have anything. I don’t care who they are they are greedy self serving jerk offs who deserve some strict punishment.

I don’t know who stole the toys I don’t care where they came from or if they work for the organization. They point is they have little or no soul to steal from toys from kids.

What does it matter if they work for the organization or not? They are still a thief no? Not once did I say they did not work for the organization. My only thing is that they stole toys from kids. No matter who they are a thief is a thief, these thieves are even worse than a normal thief though. I say break out your torch on whomever it is that stole the toys.

Raist

top topics

<<   2 >>

join