It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars Find Fountain of Youth Via Vampirism and Collisions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Mysterious old stars that look oddly young found the fountain of youth via two means, new research finds. Some rely on vampirism to suck the life out of a companion star, while others are rejuvenated in cosmic collisions.

The strange stars exist among a tight group of stellar geezers in what's called a globular cluster. The whole setup called Messier 30 – an ancient knot of stars sitting 28,000 light-years away and within our Milky Way galaxy – is thought to have hit the scene about 13 billion years ago, when the universe was an infant.

www.space.com...

Now this is pretty interesting to say the least !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81ce9dccbf13.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Max_TO]

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I thought they were found in the Cruise and Travolta constellations?

That makes sense, I suppose they would be on the road to becoming black holes but 13 billion years is a long time. The nearest "host" stars must be just at that right distance.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
stellar geezers in what's called a globular cluster. The whole setup called Messier 30 – an ancient knot of stars sitting 28,000 light-years away and within our Milky Way galaxy – is thought to have hit the scene about 13 billion years ago, when the universe was an infant.

I thought globular clusters is were stars are born... not a place of 13 billion year old star(s), but if it could pull off other stars it might live longer than a norm star does.

Only really huge stars make it to the blackhole stage, most just become brown dwarfs.

join