It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all those who once believed in Santa.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Ho Ho Ho!

Merry Christmas, and a happy new year!!!

I really mean it, I do, but unfortunately I'm not Santa(for my little brother I am, placed the presents oh so properly and carefully under the tree for him) and I can't give you a Mercedes in your drive way for Christmas =(

But, to all those who do remember Santa, I felt so disappointed when I found out he wasn't real, a late bloomer if I remember correctly, I think I was 10 or 11.

Ah, what a depressing day that was. It sat with me for along time, and after Santa wasn't real, I knew I couldn't really trust people, or my parents as much as I did before, and I knew deep down inside after that, that life really is monotonous and revolves around one thing, so precious, $.

I can remember how nice it was, to believe in something that wasn't real, to have faith in something good, and happy, something that brought you happiness! Once, every year! And it even had a guaranteed date!

Now, I wish Santa wouldn't come for me, of course he still does, but right out of my families pocket which even just makes me feel more like sh1t(Excuse my language mods, if you'd let it slip this time...), because we're all broke and barely afford a roof and food.

The main reason I bring this all up, is I wish I still believed in Santa. This is a metaphor if you will, for when I believed the world it was what it was just because that's the way it is, I believed MSM one time, for the most part, I used to believe the Twin Towers fell directly from terrorist attacks, I used to believe the government at least TRIED to help their people.

Then one day, a little over a year ago, I realized it was just like believing in Santa, that the world is the way it is because it just is, and I enjoyed believing this, but when I realized there is a much more sidious plot to the world, much more then occasional embezzlement's and President's getting sucked off by co-workers, I felt just like I did when I found out Santa wasn't real, except, this time my parent's didn't tell me...

ATS did.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Revolution-2012]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Drunken ravings of a lunatic, feel free to ignore

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Doc Tesla]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Whoa whoa back up.

So you're saying Santa ISN'T real?!

But.......but.....

Yeah I know what you mean. It sort of marks the end of your childhood and a harsh lesson in reality. I wish I didn't see the world as I do (as you do too it seems). Ignorance is bliss.

Most people feel sorry for people with mental disabilities but in a way I envy them. They see the world through completely different eyes. They don't have the same responsibilities as the rest of us and probably still believe in Santa. Are they in some small way better off than us?

Don't crucify me for saying that, do you see what I mean?

As a sidenote, ever noticed that Santa in an anagram for Satan?

Coincidence?

Hear about the dyslexic devil worshipper?

He sold his soul to Santa.......

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I actually enjoyed having it revealed to me. The whole concept never made much sense to me but I got stuff so I played along. My sister is two years my senior and I think she was about 10 or 11 when she found out. She is a mean horrible person and always was. She was so excited to run and ruin it for me. I was her first audience upon learning the truth. All I could do was laugh at her for not having figured it out years ago like I had. Maybe my hatred for my sister and the glee that moment gave me over-wrote any ill effects from having come upon the realization myself before.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

I've subconsciously known it was a anagram never really thought much of it, but given the fact Jesus's real birth date was April the 17th, 6BC, and that December 25th is a Pagan holiday, I couldn't put it past ya to think somethin of it =\

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
10? You should have been on your second or third serious relationship by then, ha.

Say, what's the big deal anyhow if santa ain't real and the government isn't our savior? Are you needing a super hero? I suppose there's always that god crutch you can fall back on, ha.

Surprise .. life ain't like you thought it was going to be, huh? You see, if our parents had been honest and dealt straight up with us right from the start and told us the truth about everything, you and others wouldn't have to go through this kind of shock and disappointment when we find out we had been lied to during all those early years.

Of course, you know we are doing the same to our kids, ha. Wait 20 years from now when they become tax paying adults and find out what we left for them to pay for, ha ha ha. Obama that savior, ha ha ha, yeah, why do I feel so sorry for our children because of him?

You think you're shocked and depressed? Wait until tomorrows generation finds out we cut down all the rain forests so we could have xmas presents every year, ha.
By the time them little chumps find out the truth too, we'll have one foot in the grave and be on our way out of here anyhow.

Every generation plays the next for suckers, even ours. Even this health care reform is a sham .. it's just a scam all the oldsters want NOW so they can make the next generation pay for their annual stem cell booster shots and them health care bills when they are carted off to the old folks retirement home on some sunny warm beach, ha. Our whole society is a ponzy scheme.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Let it go little brother, I have played Russian Roulette more times than you could count, lost a couple of times too but the damn gun jammed. Never give up hope, we have no ideas why we're here. Just keep on keeping on, and hopefully, in time, it will all make sense. Hold On, Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Yes. Occasionally Ignorance is bliss.
Just not here.
Happy Holidays...and, there are still things in the world to believe in..seen and unseen.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Santa is a preview on corparitism and greed for kids imo.

It also makes it more ok to lie to kids because we already do.

When you were a kid you thought there is one guy who doesn't know greed, he'll get me what I want every year when I've been good.

Until the day that is over.

I don't see the difference with brainwashing.

/Rantmode and sarcasm off.

Merry Christmas everyone.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Santa is just satan, lol.

The west never wakes up about this, lol.

top topics

join