It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Forbidden Keys to Persuasion Manual ebook (900 kB)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Jo Han: You call your material The Forbidden Keys to Persuasion. It sounds sinister. Can you explain how you developed it and what it is designed to accomplish?

Blair: As you can probably already tell, I.ve long been fascinated with human nature, and like others who share a similar interest, I began studying everything I could find on the subject. Then, about six years ago, I became interested in how cult leaders and con artists were able to wield so much power over their followers and get them to engage in the most bizarre behavior when the rest of us had trouble peddling things that other people actually need. In other words, I wanted to find out what it is that cult leaders know that the rest of us don.t.

As I began to explore this question, I began to realize that rather than being based on .sneaky. tricks or techniques, the power these people hold is largely due to a very clear understanding of human nature. Rather than dealing with people the way they should be, or the way they would like them to be, they deal with people the way they actually are and the results they achieve reflect the power of this approach.

When I realized that the same principles and ideas they had used for negative purposes could be used for positive ones, I decided to teach what I had learned to others - not only to increase their own powers of persuasion, but to protect themselves from the same powers they might encounter in others.

Want to know how cult leaders do what they do?

Want to know how smart manipulators or persuaders work?

Want to defend your mind from influences? Want to influence more people around you?

Want to know what every other book never published?

rapidshare.com...

After you download, please mirror it to somewhere else and post the link.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by infobrazil]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
how about some more info before we download a fishy file?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Aren't you supposed to buy books instead of downloading them for free?

I'll buy my books thanks

Call me a sucker (or not a thief)

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino

I'll buy my books thanks

How can you steal a thing that is as imaterial and as infinite as information?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by infobrazil

I'll buy my books thanks

OH MY BAD
Your right dude everything should be free if it has information
MY BAD
FREEDOM!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I'll buy my books thanks

OH MY BAD
MY BAD
FREEDOM!

Why not?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I'll buy my books thanks

OH MY BAD
MY BAD
FREEDOM!

Are you being sarcastic? o.O

Nothing he said deserves sarcasm on your part.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

how about some more info before we download a fishy file?

142 pages.

First dozen or so pages could be summarized as "I am so great! Yay for me! Yay for me! Buy my books! I am cool! Yay!"

Following that...some intelligent questions and interesting perspectives that I suspect some people will find uncomfortable, but lead me to suspect the book may have some worthwhile content after all.

Glancing through, I notice a strong theme of talking about cults.

Probbaly some useful information in here.

Probably some deliberate attemtps to manipulate the readers belief systems.

Ends with more "Buy my other book! Yay!"

Overall impression just from casually glancing through...not as "nice" as Leil Lowndes' How to Make Anyone Fall in Love With You. Probably not as technical as some of Anthony Robbins' material. But probably some useful material in here.

EDIT:
Sitting down to read this...in addition to the above I'll add that there's some extremely insightful information in here...coupled with some blatant untruths that I think the author genuinely believes.

Useful information, but read at your own risk. Consider if the initial premise is true: that the author has found effective means of persuading people. If so...then what belief systems might he attempt to persuade you to adopt?

[edit on 25-12-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I downloaded that did say something about copy right, you could pay for down load if you want but is free
My computer is not doing any tricks yet, from down load site does not appear it will.
This is PDF I myself would not pay for info is easy reading, informs of common sence things which you might over look but are right in front of you.
A PDF I downloaded and was free, hard read, ( Kundlini Rising ) it's still out there I don't have site, want to get back to that one sometime.

Any how I don't think I stole anything, is kind of general info, quick read I don't think I am ready to take control of world or take avantage of my friends.

To me it seems there are a lot of free PDF files out there that are free.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If you're lookig for a wealth of information in the form of PDF or word documents, try www.scribd.com

I use that site all the time when I am looking up something weird and have an account there to drop off copies original documents from the 1987 Helderberg explosion. Scribd has always worked well for me. My profile and access to my library information is HERE

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 12/25.2009 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Just finished reading the whole thing.

Overall I think my first previous descriptions are more or less accurate. Though there's less self-promotion than it first appeared.

Much of the content can be summarized as framing communications according to the perspective and benefit of the recipient...but recognizing that the recipient may not even be aware of their own perspective, or of what they want to receive from the communication.

Of course, I could phrase this idea like I just did, or I could say "this ebook isn't about communication. It's an unveiling of secrets you need to live your life to its fullest and realize your dreams. After all, what could you possibly want from life apart from things given to you by others? Do you want money? Do you want love? Do you want fame? Attention? Whatever it is...the only way you can possibly get any of these things is for others to give them to you. How can you possibly live your life fully without learning to communicate effectively with the people who are the only source in the entire world for your happiness? Of course, I can't compell you to read it, and I won't even try. It's up to you. If you want to throw away this opportunity and live your life as an unfilled trainwreck of emptiness and misery, then only you have the power to make that happen. It's up to you."

Congratulations. You have just been manipulated.

There are of course more ideas presented in the material than this, but that should give you some idea.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There's no blatant self-promotion or upsells of any sort on that ebook whatsoever.

The author probably got indirect benefits from the book only, since books give a sense of authority. And any joe can write a book or ebook these days.

Like Robert Cialdini's book, that book is a good source of information on what "they" (they = us, ehehe) do related to human nature, manipulation and persuasion.

Another book like those is "Coercion - Why We Listen to What They Say", that a member of ATS recommended here in this same forum.

PS.: One thing that really gave me an AHA was reading this:

Ugly truth #1: We are ALL manipulators. And since few of us can accept this, most of us are not only hypocrites, but very ineffective in our communications with others.

Ugly Truth #2: Our biggest impediment to understanding and influencing human behavior is that our sense of morality unconsciously filters our perceptions of others and as a result, invisibly alters the way we interact with them.

Tendency #1: People resist unwelcome attempts to persuade them.
Tendency #2: People can't resist what they can't detect.
Tendency #3: People sometimes believe what they are told, but never doubt what they conclude.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by infobrazil]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper

I'll buy my books thanks

OH MY BAD
MY BAD
FREEDOM!

Are you being sarcastic? o.O

Nothing he said deserves sarcasm on your part.

nah hes just not that bright, i mean he offers good points here and there.

he just reverts to childish rhetoric when nothing better is thought of.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

We are ALL manipulators.

This, incidentally, was one of the "blatant untruths that the author seems to believe" that I mentioned in my previous post. Though it was very clever what he did: he set up a question and set us up to receive the conclusion he wanted us to accept.

I disgaree with the initial definitions he provided in that section. Persuasion and manipulation are not the same thing, even if they may use similar methods. The difference is in perception: whether one acknowledges the free will and choice of the recipient you are attempting to persuade or manipulate.

Look at the way the words are used. For example, if you see a skillfull juggler, you might say that "the way he manipulates those balls with his hands is impressive." You'd never say that he was skilled at persuading them. Now, consider a stray cat you'd like to come close enough for you to pet. You might try to persuade the cat, but even if the attempt is simply bribery...you would still say that you "tried to persuade the cat with a bribe of fresh tuna." You would never say that you "manipulated" the cat to come close enough to be petted.

The difference is in whether you perceive your target as an object to be used, or a conscious being capable of making choices. If you are simply coming to understand a thing, or a person well enough to push it in the right places to directly cause it to behave in the manner you want, you are manipulating. If you are attempting to induce a conscious being to make the choice you want them to make, you are persuading.

It is a subtle difference, but I think it is an important one.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm on page 33 right now.

Good read so far. Nice find.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Hello,
Can you please tell me how to download, there is no download button.
Thanks.

top topics

join