It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**VIDEO** The Star of Bethlehem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
There are many opinions as to what the star of Bethlehem was and this video is one of the most interesting takes on the Star that I have seen to date .

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I'm starting to think there are less than ten of us on right now. People must be off doing something-no idea what... *ponders in deep thought.*

I had been wondering if the 'star of bethlehem' was really just more generic metaphor. Ancient man saw portents and omens in everything. The Judeo-Christian lineages though generally equated divination with various demonic powers. The people though always looked to the sky for signs.

The whole manger scene really just screams of parable to me. Some the gifts holding symbolic meanings, to the lambs being associated.

If you break it down and use different language with how toe faithful view it, it kind of boils down to this:

The "Truth" is thrust on people who are left in the cold to fend for themselves. Only the wisest people notice and come to participate. The wise people though simply add a few items. They could have made it so those in the cold would never have had to worry-they however did not.

Gold, frankincense and Myrrh.
Gold is the symbol of power and wealth.
Frankincense is a perfume (more or less), generally burned (incense). In a time when people burned sacrifices it could be said to represent faith and prayer.
Myrrh is an oil. Usually used as an funeral oil. ie: death.
(I was just shocked to learn that that interpretation is also on wikipedia-was looking up spellings... sheesh, aint as special as I thought.)

Basically: When Truth is present. Everyone ignores it even when all the signs show. Change is extremely challenging and painful, but worth it, in the meantime you can only live a good life and make do with what you can, in so doing you will find the things that make your wealthy.

Funny part is: I am nowhere near a Christian.. that is probably the most positive thing I have written about the bible in my adult life. Though I'm sure most Christians would be offended by it.

Maybe it's the booze

I am still making it through your vids though

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This movie reminds me about a book that I read , Witness of the Stars by Ethelbert W. Bullinger .

www.amazon.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Ya, witness of the stars is a great book.
This dvd on the star of bethlehem touches on the zodiac and the meanings of the constellations, but bullinger's book will blow your mind.
It's amazing how so many people have the same question. How did people get those signs out of those stars? The answer is, they didn't, the signs where assigned to the stars.
As for the star of bethlehem, the only glaring problem i found with the dvd is the assumption that christ was born on the 25th. Anyone else find anything?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dnaobs

Actually , if I am not mistaken , the DVD never made any such claim regarding the 25 th and it being the birthday of Christ .

When the 25th was refereed to in the DVD , again if I am not mistaken , it was a reference to the " wise men " making the treck to Bethlehem from Jerusalem . At that time the claim is made that Jesus was already a toddler .

Glad to hear someone else out there read and enjoyed the Witness of the Stars

new topics

top topics

join