It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male Breast Cancer On The Rise.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Does anybody have any theories as to why more men are contracting breast cancer? Or is it just better awareness.

More men are developing breast cancer - but most fail to spot tumours until they are at an advanced stage, a study has warned.

University of Texas research found that, while men are far less likely to develop breast tumours than women, the numbers are increasing.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Gryffen's Linky for extra cancer info.

Edit: Gryff,the thread merge option is not my friend.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I am convinced that a lot of men are not aware they can get breast cancer. I work in a male orientated environment and the majority of men are not aware. Even if they noticed symptoms, they would not see their doctor immediately, which is why often the disease is more advanced by the time its diagnosed.

I think the reason male breast cancer appears to be on the increase is more to do with the awareness of the men's partners to this, and them pushing men to seek medical help.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I don't know the reason but I have a friend that had cancer and he says that breast cancer, in part, is due to the aluminum in deodorant. If you think about it, it makes sense. The sweat glands are there and is suppose to let out toxins from the body, preventing the toxins from leaving the body through deodorant usage blocks it in, thus accumulating toxins in that area. The US is on of the few countries that uses deodorant and to my knowlege the US has the highest rates of breast cancer.

This is all second hand and I have done no research on my own so take it for what it is worth.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
quote:Increased risk was found in men exposed to estrogen-containing creams in the soap and perfume industry and in men with gonadal injury. These epidemiologic factors, plus studies that suggest that men with breast cancer have elevated estriol production, indicate a relationship between male breast cancer and hormones. :quote

This shows the increased incidence could be related to our men using more products to improve their appeal to the ladies!

Read the whole article here.

www.emedicine.com...

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
JB

Somewhere in the thread i started about Cancer *u may have noticed* there is a lot of info on Cancer, Treatments and Statistics!

If u can add the thread onto the link below then u can get a better response due to the info and details i have collected

cheers
gryff

*ps..please

Linky

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Add this to the list of things to worry about.

Men already have to worry about prostate cancer and now BREAST Cancer?

top topics

join