It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am the Messiah

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
These are the words of one Wayne Bent; also known as Michael Travesser.

He is a man who has started his own cult and like many cult leaders he is a master of mind control.

Jeff Bent, son of Wayne Bent; is a former law enforcement agent with the sherriff's department. When asked about his father's claims Jeff replied "It's a great honor to be that closely associated with the messiah"
WTF?
This guy is saying that about his own dad!

His prediction that the world would end in October of '07 obviously did not come true, but his followers remained loyal even afterwards
This man slept with his own daughter in law; he claimed that it was "god's will" . The mind blowing part is that his son's wife agreed and that it happened more than once. To top it off the son himself believes that it was "god's will" and apparently is ok with the fact that daddy wants in on some of the action

This apparently was on top of his eight other wives.
?
Before this man went to jail he was posting on his "church's " website about how "virgins were meant to come and lay naked with god"
When young girls from his church showed up in his room and took their clothes off for him he simply allowed them to join him in bed.
Is this not MKUltra sort of stuff?
Is this not so far beyond what normally takes place?
Is this guy/was this guy doing all of this all on his own?

I encourage you to watch this brief ten minute clip from the show to get a sense of this story and then to post your ideas on this thread.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-12-2009 by dragonsmusic]

[edit on 24-12-2009 by dragonsmusic]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
But you can't have "normal" without the REALLY abnormal.

Look at the bigger picture, you have eintein's who have genius and eccentricity wrapped up in one tight ball seeking to express glimpses of thier inner reflections of the universe in one lifetime. and you have similar ingredients displaced throughout a group of people.. perhaps inverted in appearance, but just as difficult to grasp. i guess what i mean is, we are all seeing fractals of opposites that are connected, and are seeing "themselves" in different lights, and the strangeness or the beauty remains a personal thing. yet the irony is that personal is still universal, being that it belongs to both "sides" of the spiraling fractal which happens to be aware of itself. sorry if i'm not making sense.. pre-x-mas shopping= no bueno.

[edit on 24-12-2009 9:54pm by thaknobodi]

[edit on 24-12-2009 by thaknobodi]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
But you can't have "normal" without the REALLY abnormal.

Along the same lines of the hegelian logic.
That doesn't explain this though.
This is so far out.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Really surprised it is that widespread. 1000+ cults in the US? But I just wish that there could be a counter-culture that didn't rely on some leader or messiah, or brainwashing. Why can't you have a "cult" that is non-religious, that simply believes in freedom/liberty instead of some messiah?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
That was very disturbing. He's not the Messiah. If he truly knew his Bible, he would know that only the Holy Father knows the day of judgment. Not even Christ, or "the Messiah" knows.

I don't know about MKUltra. I was prepared to say "absolutely not." But then I saw that blonde lady at about 5:47 into the video. Her eyes were huge. She definitely appeared to be under some sort of spell or brainwashing. The guy might know some mind control techniques employed by MKUltra. Cult leaders usually familiarize themselves with such techniques.

The dude has some big ones by having sex with these women and telling their husbands to blame it on God. That's absurd. Even more absurd is the fact that the husbands (or at least the one they interviewed) believe him.

The whole dissolving of marriages and families makes sense, from his point of view. Marriages and families is where you will find the strongest bonds and faith. Eliminating that leaves you with him alone

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Dear dragonsmusic

Thanks for bring this one up.

It just shows me that the human race is no different today than it was all those years ago.

With the right support from the authorities this cult as you call it could become the next Catholic Church.

It just shows that people are just as dumb as they always where.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I could only stomach part one and while I respect their right to believe as they do...nearly every single one of them looked dead in their eyes. I cannot believe how much they hate the earth, sex for love, marriage and family and how much they want to leave that gorgeous New Mexican landscape.

I'm sorry but I do not wish well those who would wish for and hasten the end of human life on this earth. The guy seems like a sexual perv and a control freak. Is he in jail yet for statutory rape or anything? Forgive my ignorance but what is MKUltra?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

For sure. If he knew the Bible he would not make these claims, I suppose. But by making these claims, there are others who don't know their Bible who fall for this crap. A charlatan, probably, or else a deranged individual who has some sort of ability to control others. Charles Manson was one of this type of folk.

Screw me and it's all for God! Wow! Why didn't I think of this when I was at Bible Camp!

It would have been so much easier for me.
And I coud have gone home with more phone numbers.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Forgive my ignorance but what is MKUltra?

A mind control project run by the CIA, with the help of some of the Nazi scientists we managed to nab after World War II. MKUltra has been connected to child abuse, satanism, UFOs, drugs, NWO/Iluminati.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
Really surprised it is that widespread. 1000+ cults in the US? But I just wish that there could be a counter-culture that didn't rely on some leader or messiah, or brainwashing. Why can't you have a "cult" that is non-religious, that simply believes in freedom/liberty instead of some messiah?

I am too.
It is not common , maybe even nonexistent to see a group without this "tribal" cult personality at the head of it.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
That was very disturbing. He's not the Messiah. If he truly knew his Bible, he would know that only the Holy Father knows the day of judgment. Not even Christ, or "the Messiah" knows.

I don't know about MKUltra. I was prepared to say "absolutely not." But then I saw that blonde lady at about 5:47 into the video. Her eyes were huge. She definitely appeared to be under some sort of spell or brainwashing. The guy might know some mind control techniques employed by MKUltra. Cult leaders usually familiarize themselves with such techniques.

The dude has some big ones by having sex with these women and telling their husbands to blame it on God. That's absurd. Even more absurd is the fact that the husbands (or at least the one they interviewed) believe him.

The whole dissolving of marriages and families makes sense, from his point of view. Marriages and families is where you will find the strongest bonds and faith. Eliminating that leaves you with him alone

"The dude has some big ones by having sex with these women and telling their husbands to blame it on God. That's absurd. Even more absurd is the fact that the husbands (or at least the one they interviewed) believe him"

I know I couldn't believe that part!
One of the experts in the film talked about how he's taking away the power of the other males.
And the crazy eyes thing in that one lady, you saw that too!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear dragonsmusic

Thanks for bring this one up.

It just shows me that the human race is no different today than it was all those years ago.

With the right support from the authorities this cult as you call it could become the next Catholic Church.

It just shows that people are just as dumb as they always where.

It's true what you say about the right support.
People don't change all that much either.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
I could only stomach part one and while I respect their right to believe as they do...nearly every single one of them looked dead in their eyes. I cannot believe how much they hate the earth, sex for love, marriage and family and how much they want to leave that gorgeous New Mexican landscape.

I'm sorry but I do not wish well those who would wish for and hasten the end of human life on this earth. The guy seems like a sexual perv and a control freak. Is he in jail yet for statutory rape or anything? Forgive my ignorance but what is MKUltra?

I am also astounded at how much they hate the earth and all the rest. They are young and healthy and , as you say, they want to hasten the end of human life on earth.
Disgusting really.
He is now in jail.
MKUltra?
I'll try to find some stuff for you about it.
There's a ton of stuff about it here on ATS. Check search button for more info, but it's basically the wizard behind the curtain when it comes to mind control programs.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

watch this brief ten minute clip
post your ideas on this thread.

I wanted to play devil's advocate here, but after watching the clip I'm finding it difficult. The guy is basically using these people for money, labor and sex. Which on its own...is probably no worse than unhealthy. If people want to blindly follow some random guy in the woods and sing songs and be communcal hippies together...I don't have any huge problem with that.

But...looking at that boys face at 8:40...watching him struggle to keep his eyes off the ground, listening to him squeak instead of speak...fighting to even put together a single coherent sentence...

It's one thing for people to make decisions that will have negative consequences for themselves. Most of the people in the cult probably didn't suffer too terribly for it. They may be mindless zombies, but relatively comfortable mindless zombies leading not-too-horrible lives. Their day to day life is probably no more stressful or unpleasant than the typical city-dwelling wage-slave. It's probably no worse than being in the military and dealing with combat stress and people trying to shoot you every day. But, I think that children growing up in an environment like this one are likely to end up severely mentally and emotionally stunted. As seen in the video.

So, you asked for our opinions? Well, humans have wars, genocides, murder and control one another by the millions...there are probably worse things you you could do than join a cult like this where you'll merely be used for sex, money and cheap labor.

But it's not for me, and there are probably better things that most people could be doing with their lives.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
aaarrrrrrrrrrrgh the mans voice,i can`t bear it,had to turn it off,really disturbing how these suckers believe this charlatan.

here`s a very disturbing story of cathy o`brian`involement in the mk-ultra, monarch programme

www.consciousmedianetwork.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
After watching this very disturbing vid, I'm sorry to say that my only questions are: How will M. Bent take himself out, and how many deluded innocents will he take with him?

I was first struck by the two girls walking at the beginning of the video. They speak words of support and "looking forward" to their upcoming "rapture", but their eyes are scared, and I think somewhere under the surface, they know it is wrong and hateful and is going to get them killed. Perhaps a continuation of what they've been subjected to already seems worse to them on some level than death.

Really awful, and a sad commentary on the twisted logic of some humans. Why can't they realize that if a Messiah existed, he or she would heal and help, not degrade and exploit. I don't understand why Bent et al have not been arrested thus far, just based upon the evidence in this video alone? Fear of Branch Davidian redux? I don't know. I shudder to imagine what a Christmas celebration in this cult is like. Good Lord, let me go greet the sunrise and count my blessings.

Thanks for the awareness, OP.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

watch this brief ten minute clip
post your ideas on this thread.

I wanted to play devil's advocate here, but after watching the clip I'm finding it difficult. The guy is basically using these people for money, labor and sex. Which on its own...is probably no worse than unhealthy. If people want to blindly follow some random guy in the woods and sing songs and be communcal hippies together...I don't have any huge problem with that.

But...looking at that boys face at 8:40...watching him struggle to keep his eyes off the ground, listening to him squeak instead of speak...fighting to even put together a single coherent sentence...

It's one thing for people to make decisions that will have negative consequences for themselves. Most of the people in the cult probably didn't suffer too terribly for it. They may be mindless zombies, but relatively comfortable mindless zombies leading not-too-horrible lives. Their day to day life is probably no more stressful or unpleasant than the typical city-dwelling wage-slave. It's probably no worse than being in the military and dealing with combat stress and people trying to shoot you every day. But, I think that children growing up in an environment like this one are likely to end up severely mentally and emotionally stunted. As seen in the video.

So, you asked for our opinions? Well, humans have wars, genocides, murder and control one another by the millions...there are probably worse things you you could do than join a cult like this where you'll merely be used for sex, money and cheap labor.

But it's not for me, and there are probably better things that most people could be doing with their lives.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by LordBucket]

"But...looking at that boys face at 8:40...watching him struggle to keep his eyes off the ground, listening to him squeak instead of speak...fighting to even put together a single coherent sentence"

It is somewhat heart-wrenching to watch that boy. He is obviously so confused.
You made some really interesting points, LB.
Thanks

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
After watching this very disturbing vid, I'm sorry to say that my only questions are: How will M. Bent take himself out, and how many deluded innocents will he take with him?

I was first struck by the two girls walking at the beginning of the video. They speak words of support and "looking forward" to their upcoming "rapture", but their eyes are scared, and I think somewhere under the surface, they know it is wrong and hateful and is going to get them killed. Perhaps a continuation of what they've been subjected to already seems worse to them on some level than death.

Really awful, and a sad commentary on the twisted logic of some humans. Why can't they realize that if a Messiah existed, he or she would heal and help, not degrade and exploit. I don't understand why Bent et al have not been arrested thus far, just based upon the evidence in this video alone? Fear of Branch Davidian redux? I don't know. I shudder to imagine what a Christmas celebration in this cult is like. Good Lord, let me go greet the sunrise and count my blessings.

Thanks for the awareness, OP.

Those are some deep insights.
Thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Strange how these cults all seem to have free range sex as a tenent of their beliefs. In fact are there any which believe in and practice abstinence?
Answers on a postcard please...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
Strange how these cults all seem to have free range sex as a tenent of their beliefs. In fact are there any which believe in and practice abstinence?
Answers on a postcard please...

Funny, unicorn.
There is always sex with these creeps.
But it's only for them; the leader.
Nobody else can have it!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join