It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosicrucian help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
OK, My grandfather was a Rosicrucian. He was also a Catholic. I am not sure he was all that devout, but from what I know, he played by the rules. I know he wasn't a mason. My problem is I have been attempting to contact any groups claiming to be Rosicrucians to see if they have any record of him. He lived near Monroeville PA. If anyone has any ideas as to which orders exist, I would be grateful. I have contacted a few, but none have any record of him.

He was a cool guy. Also full of BS most of the time. (in a good way) he liked to argue with anyone who would put up a good fight. He would have loved ATS I am sure. He claimed he had learned the power of levitation, but he couldn't do any demonstration for us. He claimed he could make a candle flame rise up with just his mind. I did see a demonstration of that, but I was young and probably missed some trick he was doing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
When I was in with them, all (except maybe one occasion) was through the mail. I was also in the Pittsburgh area at the time. (Allison Park)
Rosicrucians really do teach all that magic. It became very weird for me. There was even one experience when I believe I was visited by the MIB, and this was the only strangeness I was into at the time. I never touched that stuff again.
I meant to start my own thread on it, but too weird.
If he was the same as me, and it sounds like it from the "magic", he was this:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Brother, you should know that most any legit mystery school will not divulge memberships. If he has passed the "celestial lodge", his "name" and anything likely connected to him (aside from any books he may have published or the like) have been ritually destroyed.

I've heard both ways on AMORC, but have leaned to the positive stories. The mystery of Fr. CRC has always facinated me.

There is a part in there that relates to one of "our" experiences.

Good luck either way.

Blessings to you and yours.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Without his key number it's not likely you will get any info. If he was a card carrying member, see if you can dig it up in any old boxes of his belongings or ask those in your family if they've come across a card with a key number on it.

With that card and proof of death you can get his file, if he was a member in good standing.

It does sound like he might have been part of the Amorc Rosicrucian order.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
thanks all for the replys. I kind of thought he was into more of a go to meeting kind of group. I was under the impression he went to a lodge of sorts and all I have heard about AMORC is mail order type stuff. That may not be the case, but that is what I have heard.

Felonius, I don't know about any more groups than what I am involved in, but in masonry and Scottish Rite, our membership is a matter of record and anyone who wishes to find out about such can do so whenever. Even after that member has passed. Like looking up historical masons. I can find out who was at which lodge and even read copies of the minutes from that meeting. And one need not be a mason to do so. I am not well versed in the Rosicrucian order, (hence, this thread) so that may be different. But thanks for the reply and I hope I can find out some info.

He passed away about 7 years ago and my grandmother passed last year. All their stuff was disbanded several years ago before she went to a nursing home, so finding anything of value like membership cards is out I think. I just wish I would have gained an interest in this years ago so I could have spoken with him about it.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

is there any chance you would like to go into more detail about your experience? I would love to hear about it if you don't mind discussing it.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Sure, I'll U2U.

Talk to you in a bit.

top topics

join