It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: U.S Denials Despite "Wedding Video" Evidence.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
It has to be said that despite this new evidence the U.S Military are still maintaining that this was a half-way house for terrorists crossing into Iraq from Syria even though they admit that there are many inconsistancies between photographic evidence and the military's story.Details such as the all male celebrations have been used to show that it couldn't have been a wedding despite the fact that in conservative muslim culture males and females would celebrate separately.

BBC.

A videotape has been broadcast which purports to show before-and-after footage of a wedding which Iraqis say the US bombed, killing about 40.

The film released by a US news agency combines a wedding home movie with video of the aftermath of the attack, which the US says targeted militants.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Original ATSNN Story

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by John bull 1]

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by John bull 1]

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Banshee]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
There are a lot of inconsistancies in the different stories told by the supposed "wedding" participants,

Conflicting Reports

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Yes, the video has been an ongoing discussion within the last page or so of this thread/topic:
40 Dead in Disputed US Attack in Iraq

According to latest, the video:

Kimmitt said video showing dead children killed was actually recorded in Ramadi, far from the attack scene.

Two links provided for within last page of above mentioned thread and link.

seekerof

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
there is no english at the end of the sound file. The words that were said are :" Aoothu bi llah min al shaitan" which in arabic means: "I recall God to rid us from the devil" How ironic!!! But besides that there is no one speaking in english

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
No one finds it strange that the dressed up pickup truck blazing through the desert is RED. Yet the video shows the bride getting in to a white truck and getting out of a white truck.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
On the other hand, a well-known wedding singer and his organist brother were killed violently and then buried in Baghdad, both on the same day. Coincidence?

They were shown to be on the tape.

is al-Qaeda now recruiting an insidious army of wedding singers?

what I think:

yes, they did blow up a wedding. Previously, some infiltrators were using that same location as their hidden rebel base.

"far too remote to be an effective demonstration of this administration's power. But we shall deal with your wedding-loving friends soon enough. "

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I didn't think the US was disputing that fact that there was a wedding. What I heard on the news was that the target was a hideout for the enemy (a safehouse), and the comment was even bad guys have celebrations. Another words they hit the right target and there may have been a celebration going at an earlier time. War is ugly and people do die.

After reading the linked article it seems the only dispute by the US is the wedding wasn't going on when they made their bombing run.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by outsider]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I still don't quite understand how the wedding video qualifies as "evidence". What proves that this is the same wedding that the Iraqis say was bombed? Unless the video shows the room collapsing/exploding, couldn't we assume that this is any other wedding?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
"War is ugly and people do die."

Especially when the trigger happy gutless Americans are involved.........often innocent or due to 'friendly fire'

Very very sickened.......

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tobermory
"War is ugly and people do die."

Especially when the trigger happy gutless Americans are involved.........often innocent or due to 'friendly fire'

Very very sickened.......

Blow it out your ass, you piece of crap. "Trigger happy"? "Gutless"? I hope you're not an American. If you are, you should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I hope you're not an American. If you are, you should be ashamed of yourself.

No if you look at the content of the story, if i was an American i would be very ashamedof myself and my country. As it is i'm just sickened. (And ashamed we have supported you in this action.)

top topics

join