It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past Life Regression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I am thinking of having a past life regression done and I need some tips from members who had experiences with past life regression. Please answer these questions for me:

1) How do you find a good past life regression therapist? What kind of questions should I ask them before I choose them? How long should I expect them to spend with me?

2) What is the process of the regression. How long does it take before you are under hyponosis and start to have past life recall? What if you cannot be hypnotized? I have had tried hypnosis a few times and I have not gone into a hypnotic state. The induction however was only 15-20 min, maybe that is not enough?

3) When the past life memories start to happen what form do they take?

4) How convinced are you that your past-life memory was a real memory and not a false memory you imagined under hypnosis?

5) Did your past life regression help you understand your current life issues better and help you conquer previous problems?

6) Can you do a self-past life regression? How?

I really appreciate the help in advance.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
First off, I didn't get a Past Life Reg. from a "therapist". I got it after meditations and dreams. The verification came years later via serendipitous discoveries and with others I had shared them with. We bounced places and situations off of each other (without giving the other too much info).

Second, be careful what you ask for. You may not like who you were (or you might). If you were a mass murderer for instance, would you be able to reconcile with that?

How to find a therapist? hmm. too many "fuzzy bunny" new agers in the mix to be sure you've found a legit one. I've tried hypnotherapy and my mental constitution didn't allow for too much. Stubborn?

I know of rituals that can be done but they can be ugly due to the massive info that happens and the "reality" of it. That is IF it was a bad scene.

Do what you want but be careful friend but thats what it is to be an "explorer" isn't it? Good luck to you.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by felonius]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

past life regression is not hypnotism as we are taught to believe. it takes an awful amount of trust before you should even attempt to have it done to you . get to know the person that you are going to let take you back .ask if you can sit in and watch and listen to what they say and do .usually they just talk you back .
starting with ;what did you have for supper last night .
then they will start to move you backwards with other questions concerning different points in time from your present day point in life back to tell me something that you remember from the time in your mothers womb . then they ask you what do you remember of the time before this life.if it worked you should be able to start answering questions such as where are you, what year is it, how are you dressed, names,dates will also come forth -and you will answer .have them record it for you but do not listen to it for a couple of days .the reason being that if they take you back they have to bring you back here and they must instruct you that you CANNOT remember this journey just prior to bringing you back to the present -if they don`t do this for anyone else do not use them as all of your past lives MIGHT become a part of your present life and no one needs to have all of this garbage as a part of your daily life,especially dying over and over again ,SOMETIMES death in the past was nasty and you don`t want to relive it over again once was quite enough in the past.
always make sure that they ask you for good memory`s as they take you back- this way you won`t have to relive each death.that is why i`m telling you to see them do it to someone else first if none of this is done then walk away from them and don`t let them take you back.
if you are a woman and a man is the one taking you back have a friend there to watch over you and instruct your friend or GUARD that these words must be said just as they get you back -that if any one does any thing against what you deem to be acceptable that you will return instantly to the present ,any thing done inappropriate and you will return to the normal state of being with full recollection of what just transpired .
good luck in your quest .

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
it should read as unacceptable not acceptable -sorry for the misprint.bottom paragraph

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by picrat

good advice

second line

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I am thinking of having a past life regression done and I need some tips from members who had experiences with past life regression. Please answer these questions for me:

1) How do you find a good past life regression therapist? What kind of questions should I ask them before I choose them? How long should I expect them to spend with me?

You could ask what the technique consists of, where they learned how to do it. Beyond that I don't know, its up to you. I'm very trusting, which has a tendency to slap me now and then, but I feel i always end up where I need to be for better or worse. My experience with my past life regression therapist I thought was a little sour after thinking about it later, but then I turned around.. like I guess its up to you and what you value and expect to get out of it.

2) What is the process of the regression. How long does it take before you are under hyponosis and start to have past life recall? What if you cannot be hypnotized? I have had tried hypnosis a few times and I have not gone into a hypnotic state. The induction however was only 15-20 min, maybe that is not enough?

Yeah I hear ya.. I almost feel I need a lot longer... theres 2 sides to it... it was like I was consciously aware.. yet my eyes and body were heavy and I could move them but I wasn't inclined to. It was like a light paralysis but still being consciously aware, with some enhanced subconscious coming through but nothing like I read in the books such as "The Convoluted Universe" series, where it was clear these people were taken into a very deep state.. as they'd be some random old ladies who never watched a sci-fi show in their life, spewing hyperdimensional concepts once under the hypnosis... also when they'd come out of it they'd think they fell asleep.. for me it wasn't like that at all.

I've heard my room-mate say some pretty crazy interesting things while he was sleeping.. I wouldn't doubt that a deep delta mode would be good for retreiving that kind of information..versus a very light hypnosis, which is what I felt I got.. it was like a light meditation. I wish I had an answer other then that perhaps you need to be taken deeper, thats what I felt, and I should have spoken up more at the time and said..lady.. i'm doing all the work here searching my subconscious, i could get up and walk around the room right now, i'm aware of where I am right now.

3) When the past life memories start to happen what form do they take?

Again, for me, it was like a light meditation but the visuals were enhanced. Picture being semi-dreaming.. it was like she sustained me in a theta level... like drifting off to sleep where visuals and sounds become more enhanced... I just my imagination go where it wanted to and I did actually see some interesting stuff.. I couldn't say if it was very accurate though.

4) How convinced are you that your past-life memory was a real memory and not a false memory you imagined under hypnosis?

I think it was 50/50.. Or it was real but I couldn't recall enough details. I know it was real because it reflected a prior life I had seen in some very intense dreams when I was younger, and it felt very personal and legitamate at that time.

5) Did your past life regression help you understand your current life issues better and help you conquer previous problems?

Well.. she did all this other stuff on me which I could feel, that was pretty cool, like some energy work. I half think she didn't know what she was talking about though. You know there is psychic and there's like me saying i'm psychic... I just don't say that... I know I can pick up on some stuff and have it be accurate but its very hit and miss.. mostly miss.. I meditate.. but I'm not at that level where I feel I can access everything.. I can do tarot readings and have them be spot on accurate.. but still.. thats with the aid of symbols / triggers.. so for all I know she might not have been far off from me. The good psychic's don't need hypnosis, they can just tell you. That's just my interpretation. I mean.. the psychic part wasn't expected on their end for the hypnosis, but she used it as a selling point so I included the reference here. But it all comes down to how you feel, what your intuition is saying.. and as trusting as I am.. I'm still on the fence of what she said she "fixed.".. or removed.

If anything, I took from the event, besides the negatives.. it was still an interesting experience and really opened me up to what my subconscious could bring forth. I got a few flashes of other lives in there. She mostly focused on my early childhood though.. I think there was a lot of repressed stuff and I instantly did feel very emotional about it.. yet my mind was so conscious... I guess I was expecting something deeper.

6) Can you do a self-past life regression? How?

Meditation.. and there are audio self-hypnosis files out there but I haven't tried them.
I don't know, honestly.. I've had some powerful 3rd eye experiences and its left me to realize I don't really care unless its relevant for that point in my life.. and I always expect it to not have 100% accuracy... or even any for that matter... I just go by intuition of what comes forward.. try to feel its legitamacy and take from it what I can at the very least.. but never do I think its 100% accuarate.. or to be more precise.. FEEL its that accurate.. I think if its a past life for instance, it should really have a feeling of familiarity.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Indigo_Child]

Find someone who is willing to put in more then an hour and a half of time into it.. and ask them if they can take you to a sleep-like state.. turn that conscious layer right off if you can.

I must say I don't think there's any way you could have made me think I was a chicken under that hypnosis... and I wasn't resisting it.. I was trying to be open and let go of everything and be in a state of allowance.

I just didn't get what I expected, and no doubt you are worrying the same.

But its not so say I got nothing valueable out of it. It was actually very interesting and helpful.. I just was expecting something much more intense. I wouldn't go to her again, but i'd deffinately do it again with someone else.

Well thats my experience with a past life regressionist.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Try having a dream, be serious about it before you go to sleep.. If you feel like you want to have a past life regression done, then why not.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thank you everybody, this is all very useful information. I will try and find a Past life regression therapist soon and I will tell you how it went, if I feel like discussing it that is

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Thank you everybody, this is all very useful information. I will try and find a Past life regression therapist soon and I will tell you how it went, if I feel like discussing it that is

You could also listen to Past Life Regression Isochronic Tone (in Spiritual Tones section in the website) during meditation:
iso-tones.com...

I used it and I have seen glimpses in my mind of a lot of jungle and green scenery so I think I lived in a jungle in one of my past lives.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Indigo_Child, I find this to be quite a coincidence. I, myself, am also looking to have regression hypnosis done. I had contacted a local hypnotherapist via email and this is what he told me:

"I do quite a lot of Past Life Regression Hypnosis. I trained under Dr. Brian Weiss, who is considered the world renowned expert of the topic. Other regression hypnosis includes themes people want to re-experience or recover from memories in this life time.

This link will take you to the FAQ page of my site. There are Past Life Regression questions beginning halfway down the page. Hope this is helpful.

knoxvillehypnosiscenter.com...

The success rate is very high. Out of everyone I have worked with, there were three people who were not able to recover such memories. I feel confident that two of those three could have done so if they had been willing to do some additional work. The other one needed some psychotherapy first.

Your scepticism won't get in your way. It may affect your interpretation of memories you get. My ex wife is a psychologist and I worked with her. After she finished, she asked, "How do I know that I didn't just make that up?" The answer is that there is usually alot of emotion that comes with the memories and the emotion is much more intense than one would experience from imagination or from manufactured memories.

There are some things that can help if you decide to explore this process. Reading in the area is helpful. I would first recommend the books of Brian Weiss on the topic. Next, I would recommend the books of Michael Newton. You probably do not want or need his last one, as it is written for cliniciams.

Meditation helps prepare one for the experience, particularly an unguided meditation or meditation designed to clear and facilitate chakras.

Energy work, such as Reiki, may also open the Crown chakra (top of the head) and the brow chakra (center of forehead).

You don't have to do any of these. I have simply found them to enhance or facilitate the process.

Do you have a goal or desired outcome for Past Life Recall?

If you do want to try the process, I recommend that we schedule three hours in a row. We may not need that much time and you would not be charged for unused time, but it allows flexibility if needed.

Hope this is helpful. I can also talk with you on the telephone or meet briefly with you at no cost if we can conveniently schedule it."

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

Hey there,

I just saw your thread and as you can see above my avatar, I am a pastlife regression therapist (have been for over 16yrs ... long before it became popular) :
:.

I'll come back tomorrow (still xmas day here) and answer all your questions and give you some pointers ...

But one thing I will say for the now is this ... pastlife regression yields the best results without hypnosis ... in fact hypnosis can create what is known as 'false memory' ... not a good thing.

I have regressed hundreds of people over the years so have a pretty good measure of it ... and will steer you in the best way to discover information about your own pastlives.

Also if you click on to my profile you will find a link to one of my old threads (16pages at last count) about this very subject.

Hope this helps until tomorrow.

Woody

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JLO ConQuered Earth

relax man..

You'll burn holes in your stomach.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cigar

you are #ting us all that this one trained under Dr. Brian Weiss,maybe you should pick up the books by Dr Weiss -i believe that one of them is called many lives and many masters-which by the way i have a copy of it . Dr. Weiss stumbled upon this thing we call past life regression quite by accident. as he had a young lady who was deemed to have so many problems that most doctors could not begin to deal with them. one day under hypnosis she started to tell him about things that were not here in this day and age and he ran with it ,please pick up his books and read them as Dr Weiss is a fully trained Dr of the mind ,and he trained with him .by the way his books are quite interesting a read.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I had the privilige of working with a licensed hypnotherapist her name is Iris I have lost touch with here but I will share my experience with you.I first contacted Iris about past life regression and she told me that she would not work with me unless I had an issue or issues I needed to resolve as she is a licensed hypnotherapist and her job is related to therapy.Iris told me that for example if I had a phobia about flying I had probably had a past life experience with flying ie;dying and to go through past life regression relive the experience you actually experience the occurrence and die again and then your phobia should be overcome as you have dealt with it.I myself had incredible trust issues and was not even sure I could do it.Once I met Iris I must say I have never before been in the presence of such a wonderful human being before or since Iris,s energy and demeanor put me at rest straight away we talked for a while as she explained the process .It was necessary for me to sign a waiver and a professional conduct contract standardized by the industry.I went under a number of times had some very interesting experiences and am grateful for them to this day.One day I hope to see her again.
cheers

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Originally posted by sphinx551

You could also listen to Past Life Regression Isochronic Tone (in Spiritual Tones section in the website) during meditation:
iso-tones.com...

I used it and I have seen glimpses in my mind of a lot of jungle and green scenery so I think I lived in a jungle in one of my past lives.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by sphinx551]

Sorry sphinx, but eeemh, you know, i listened to it and i reached the conclusion that that tone doesnt help very much. The music in the backround is from a jungle, so that basically ruins the whole regression thing, since you will automatically start imagining some green enviroment.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by vunkster]

[edit on 6-1-2010 by vunkster]

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I read a book of Dr Weiss and I was not convinced by him. His subject didnt gave much of a thing after death, the middle state, only strange voices through his subjects giving him messages from the today. I mean his subjects was more like possessed. Nothing to do with his subject soul report from the other side what they've seen in the past!!

He is also a jew and all these new age craps pop out from there. If you read Michael Newton versus the rest of the new agers, Newtons book is more like a real soul confess and all his subjects gave the same world from the past! They didnt gave prophecies and ufo status. Thats why I decline dr weiss and most of the rest.

I really enjoyed Newtons book but when I said, ok let me see the next I ended up in collier and time travels and ufos. (collier is a fraud for me, not even refer him to me) a NWO puppets.

So to recap

Newton is giving a confession from the past lives and the middle state (in the past)
Dr Weiss is giving confessions from the past lives and messages for the today and for the beyond, like possessed subjects or psychics and with a prophetic manner.

Sorry dr weiss, I was not looking for possesions. So my search for others stopped there.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I have an interest in past lives, and have a strong feeling of who I was in a former life, they would have been 2 lives ago. One of the things that convinced me this was my past life was speaking with a friend on the topic. She told me about her dream that was set in the past, that I was in it and it was VERY much like the "thoughts" I have had on my previous life.

In my own "thoughts" on that life, which have been with me since I can remember (literally, its like my earliest memories are of a different person in a different time), I was a "showgirl". When my friend mentioned that in her dream we were both showgirls, it literally hit me like a ton of bricks.

There was a lot of other points of interest in this dream of hers, I actually tried to take notes. It literally "filled in the gaps" in my thoughts on my past life. I was raped and murdered in her dream, I actually remember the rape... :/

When I first met her, maybe a year or two before, she wasnt being very nice to me, but something in my mind told me she would be important in my life--I was thinking this life, but maybe not?.

What I'm more interested in exploring now is the life I had between then and this one. I'm certain I was a really #ed up person in that life, and have suppressed most of it, but after my friend told me about her dream, I can access more "thoughts" on that live.

I use the term "thoughts", because I dont really see them as memories. I also think its worth noting that my friend is 12 years younger than me and therefore my "thoughts" of being a showgirl existed before she did.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
here were i live we dont have past life therapists and even if we have had 1, its about trust, no choice...

I only saw once a nightmare when I was young and my previews lives helped me "strange". I was watching a mirror and saw me a starving kid in africa and I died from illness and birds eat me. I also saw me as an english spoken teen and we went a field trip with many others. We lived in a bad hostel 2-3 floors and at night, fat people like butchers entered the building, locked the doors and killed everybody with huge knives. Though I haven't found any news about it in the past... So it may be a bad dream after all. I was feeling all the agony though like it was me till both both died. I remember watching this mirror and it was like a movie, but in a point my self was them, like I was in that role. Plus in real life I have an extreme fear of heights.

A friend of mine in a point of her life she start having OBEs without even asking it. She was scared to death and she visited a local therapist to make it stop. But she didnt said anything about past life therapist.
edit on 1-12-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join