It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mission to our life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Does our life have a mission to it for this world? Are we on a mission to do anything in life for or against this world? What do you think is our life's mission? Or is each with their own individual mission? What kind oof reward do we get for accomplishing our own life's mission for or against this world?

I like to think my individual mission is to do the work of a higher power I am against the world by doing covert things.

Also do you think we signed up for life or for what became in store for us living now? If we did, then why did we do it? If you think we didnt sign up for this life here on earth, then are we free to live or die as we please with no problem? But if we are free to live we cant live as we please with all the laws and complicational problems, now can we? So by the way, any solution to how to live as one pleases with no problems?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I often wonder if their is a mission in life. I think reincarnation has something to do with the purpose of reicarnating human. Theres a truth or something you must discover to stop reincarnating and if you fail you reincarnate as a lower form. Im not sure exactly how it all works but I wonder.

I think the mission in life is what makes you feel at peace and holding onto it. Perhaps its a particular life goal, maybe a career in something or having a family or simply spending time everyday to enjoy nature. I don't know.

Interesting question for a thread. Nicely done OP.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You give your power away when you make someone or something outside of you more important than what is inside of you.

If you do not value who and what you are, you will seek to borrow worth from the outer world. You will look for validation from people whom you believe know or have more than you. But since everything you need is inside you and no one can know more about your path and purpose than you do, any power you ascribe to external authorities must eventually explode in your face and leave you feeling worse than when you started.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Epsillion70]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

Mission to our life.

From a strictly dispassionate viewpoint, our first and most important mission is to survive. And then in a close second... is to reproduce (we all enjoy this part of it).

During our lives of surviving and being fruitful, we will find the chance to question our own existence. This is where the roots of philosophy grow... in between those moments most important to the species as a whole.

The question now is whether the empire of basic knowledge is something we were meant to seek... like procreating, or whether it was simply the games an inquisitive and inventive mind plays during its off-time.

The classic thinkers had a deep appreciation of emotion and all the human drives... they never discarded them.

In a nutshell, sex and war and empire have always been good... except on the peripheries. When philosophy examined the working nuts and bolts of the human condition, it found grand success at the cost of waste and human suffering.

Oh well, pass the wine glass as we weep for the less fortunate.

Cheers?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Likening mankind to pieces of wood...
Some are for burning for warmth, some are for making a throne.

Likening mankind to workers and thieves or sheep and shepherds...
Some are for tending to those things which they are given, and some are for needing tending.

Likening mankind to flowers...
Some are for their beauty, and some are for their smell.

Likening mankind to sheep and wolves...
Some are for their shepherds reaping, and some are for their shepherd's crook.

Likening mankind to animals...
Some are for their carnal nature, and some are for their defying of their animal nature.

Regardless, I believe that our lives are simply a dance that glorifies the creators. Those who dance in honor of their creators who are order-charity will dance forever. Those who dance in honor of pride or chaos will have a natural/carnal end. All things are given by the creators and all things will be one. I strive to be like the creators.

I am an animal that judges, but I am not a perfect judge. I am not a perfect judge, but I will strive to turn from errors and glorify that which is eternal. I will strive to turn from errors and glorify that which is eternal, but I know that I am only reflecting what gave me beginning.

I suppose this is simply bull to anyone who does not believe in something beyond our abilities to observe/desire or understand/do, but I assure you, working against our animal nature is an echo/manifestation/gift of the word of god and their spirit who brings understanding. They are one as we are one.

DNA is like the word and life is like the spirit. Remove either one and you would simply be basic matter. Combined, they dance and dance and dance.

top topics

join