It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope knocked down by woman at christmas mass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

A Vatican spokesman says a woman jumped the barriers in St. Peter's Basilica and knocked down Pope Benedict XVI as he walked down the main aisle to begin Christmas Eve Mass.

they always say people who do this are mentally unstable but i wonder what her motive was and what she said to him if anything, she also knocked down a cardinal who went to the hospital.. your thoughts..

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
interesting...about 14 hours ago i was talking to myself kinda reflecting on things and i meant to say "he'll just poke his head out when the time is right" referring to reincarnate of jesus, maitreya, bladda bladda...but i had a slip of the tongue and said "he'll just pope his head" and i immediately thought about Benedict.

funny stuff. the chap is probably ok.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well, the Pope is 82 so could be more of a pushover than a knock down. Some might say; That is why The Stig always wears a helmet and walks sideways down narrow passages!

I've just heard of a similar incident at last years 'eve mass involving a woman, and who also tried to jump the barriers but was unsuccessful.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I see it yet as another sign, such as the FALL of Religion.

Many signs lately.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I don't know what to say other than his security had better get their act together and start paying attention. If a random person can jump a barrier and knock him down, they could have jumped the barrier and jammed a knife into his neck just as quickly.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

what signs? Rave you bring up a good point also, the pope could be dead right now...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Never mind, there'll be plenty of old people to replace him.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Thank God she wasn't a Muslim terrorist. This could have been the start of the next Crusades. It's about time we had another one...it's been awhile.

top topics

join