It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman jumps barrier, knocks down pope at Christmas Eve mass, Vatican says

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
I actually laughed and said "GOAL!"

I don't care about the pope or any world leader to me they are nothing, pieces of corrupt vermin who deserve death. Berlusconi then the Pope.. let's hope they manage to take one leader out at some point.

more to these threats and attacks than meets the eye...

I agree with you, the pope means absolutely nothing to me, he is but a man, a very old man. I hate to say this but my husband and I laughed over this, i find things like this humorous! I bet you guys it was one of those born again christians who thinks we are in the ends times, and thought he was the anti-christ. you know just another lost soul. You have to admit it was pretty funny!!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris_Caine
reply to post by Gateway

Honestly mate, there arent too many people that don't have strong feelings towards any religious leader one way or the other. You cant attempt to provoke them into a personal argument, I'm just saying in MY oppinion her actions were justified, Suddam Hussein was an old man
Uh...Hussein oppressed and was directly responsible for gassing his own people. I think a religious figure who is constantly trying to preach tolerance and an end to wars is slightly a bit different than a maniac. Also, any violence is wrong.

and yet I dont think many of you would have a problem slapping him down even though compared to the pope that man is a saint. Perhaps not the pope personally more so for what he represents.

Which is....please enlighten me. What does he represent to you? What EVILS is he speaking of to you?

He's a figure head for an organisation that went corrupt a long time ago. Christianity at its core is admirable like any religion or society but after years of corruption and twisted teachings you just have to accept there are people not as blind as u.
Christianity...like any religion is a man made product. It is not perfect...it is fallible and susceptible to anything, I am not religious. But I have at least enough respect, and tolerate of others preference of it.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Gateway]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The Ft Hood shooter was thought to be psycho too. But he is not. His motivation was anti-non-muslim. When I see something like this with the Pope I can't help but wonder about the motivation.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Wow what kind of sick individual would launch an attack on the pope on christmas, the guys like 80 something... hurting

she should have been locked up in a psych ward the first time, poor old man

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Gateway:

Are you kidding me?!
You tell me that you wouldn't tackle an old man if he was in the wrong? Or if what he stood for was CLEARLY in the wrong?

I guess if you are a kretin and like to solve your disagreements with a good tackle to get your point across...then you probably see nothing wrong. I'll have to try...your reasoning at work or social functions...so that people will see or understand my point of view.

I had a man of similar age pull a f-doublelovinhell-GUN on me for not answering his questions properly when I was surveying utilities on his property!
Yes...good point!!! This is the exact same scenario...here we have this old man threatening these people. It's a good thing red hooded heroine was there to save the day!

You had better believe that if the man had TOLD me he was going into his house to grab his gun and come back out and brandish it at me I WOULD NOT HAVE LET HIM DO IT! No matter what it took. Even if I had to tackle him. In fact, looking back on it, I would have beaten the hell out of the man! No, this man is not excused!
Good story...Now please explain:

Man brandishing gun and threatening me = Religious figure head being justly tackled.

The things he STANDS FOR AND ALLOWS TO HAPPEN are unacceptable! And this SOB is latest in the line of ONE HUNDRED OR MORE JUST LIKE HIM who *HAVE* commited some of the worst attrocities this world has ever seen!
And Ratzinger did what to you or others? Please explain?

Hey, I love the emotive arguments just as much as the next guy. But only if I agree with them! ERRONEOUS!!!!
Yes, unemotional reasoning and great logic points to justifiable tackles. It is YOU and others here that are making unfounded reasoning and emotive gut arguments...what more can be more emotive then trying to justify a rude/violent act.

Don't you think there might be....maybe...perhaps...be better ways to show your dislike of policies...rather than stooping down to level of beasts. Or no...do you think a good tackle beats, a good argument any day?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
The garbage on this thread against the Pope is simply villainous.

No traditional spiritual leader should be treated in this fashion whether it is the Pope, the Dalai Lama, or the Hopi Elders of Second Mesa.

You do not treat the elders in this fashion no matter what your creed.

Thank you for expressing it so well, Pellevoisin.

And there is something else I've been wanting to remark for ages now, seeing that nobody else will......

How come even the notoriously "lay" Western media (nothing wrong with that in principle) tend to refer to the Dalai Lama as "His Holiness the Dalai Lama", and yet the Pope, who has the exact same title, *never* gets called like that? (In fact he often gets called simply Ratzinger.)
Where's the rationale for that? What's the excuse?

I agree, the garbage thrown against him (and against Christianity in general), not only in this thread but on this site in general, is so vile and so irrational that it would be funny if it didn't show the amount of sheer hatred festering around here.
It's also hypocritical, since people obviously don't mind enjoying the civilizational benefits of Christianity (or did you think that "charity" towards the weak and minorities of all descriptions evolved all by itself?)

And then I think, why should I come here and read all this hatred and hypocrisy, especially from ignorants who haven't read a book outside "Harry Potter" in their lives.....?
I've had it. Enjoy your wallowing in the mud.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

Just to be clear.

Okay...

While I still do not condone tackling such a frail victim. I am specifically picking on this man because of what he himself is responsible for.
Which is? Do tell...

He is no more responsible for the inquisition or the crusades...as the average American for slavery.

There is also that pesky HEAD OF THE CHURCH thing that makes him a representative of Catholicism to the world. You know pope is the big job at the top right?
Why does this bother you so?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I just have to chime in here...one of the things the Pope said yesterday was, and I'm paraphrasing a bit:

It's time for us to get out of our individual shells and participate in shared realities.

and he did use the phrase "shared reality". I don't have time to dig for the exact transcript just now so forgive me if someone hasn't already posted it.

For me this really resonates today and I think it deep and timely. I don't really have an opinion on him as a Pope but I look for wisdom, truth and love where I can find it.

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

So take away for a minute, about him being pope. You laughed at someone going into an old man of 83.

I wonder what you and your husband will be like at 83 when someone tries to assault you?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by mysticalzoe

So take away for a minute, about him being pope. You laughed at someone going into an old man of 83.

I wonder what you and your husband will be like at 83 when someone tries to assault you?

I think you are asking too much from some of the members. All they see, is child molesters, inquisitions, crusades therefore Ratzinger deserves a tackle.

Like all racists, collectivists, and people who like to lump others into easy categories because it is far too difficult and don't have the intellect and can't fathom to judge situations and individuals solely for their actions...its best to GET the guy in charge or the ONE WHO represents some past evil symbol in their head.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
They are checking to see if she is the same mentally ill woman who did this last year. She looks like the same lady. The woman appears to be on steroids not psych medication. There was just enough security to make sure she did not have a weapon but not enough to keep her out. Looks staged, but who and why?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
She did it for people like me who don't have the balls to do it. Ironic though that I found out recently that intellectuals tend to ponder on certain ideas that any ballsy gal could do in a sec.

Yeah, the symbolism is like tackling the "untouchable" Roman institution of tyranny, or whatever, but the message is clear. It's easy to bring it all down.

There was a post a few days ago by someone demanding that all religions be out down...

THEN AGAIN! It's Christmas. Talk about timing. Probably waited for the right time to do most damage, hehe.

On a more productive note (other than endlessly arguing about this), may I ask if ANYONE could TRANSLATE what the people were talking about when the pope was tackled? (the amateur video)

[edit on 25-12-2009 by headb]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
This is the problem with all of the anti-Christian hate going on today. Some flakey woman knocks down a frail 82 year old man, for what? That's just ignorant.

Welcome to ATS where the only mainstream and accepted religion is Atheism.

On topic,

It's pretty crazy. The pope is an old man and I'm surprised she didn't end up breaking his hips.

FK

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by headb
She did it for people like me who don't have the balls to do it. Ironic though that I found out recently that intellectuals tend to ponder on certain ideas that any ballsy gal could do in a sec.

Yeah, the symbolism is like tackling the "untouchable" Roman institution of tyranny, or whatever, but the message is clear. It's easy to bring it all down.

There was a post a few days ago by someone demanding that all religions be out down...

Are you sure she is serving your purpose and not another? If you had tried this last year you would still be in a straight jacket drooling. If through some accident of fate you got out of the hospital for the criminally insane you would still be so chemically lobotomized you would not even be able to a plan a trip to the bathroom much less an attack on the Pope. Someone must not have gotten their Christmas bonus.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

So all the catholic church is molesters?

I think alot here should look in the mirror, and look at there own lifes and who they worship, i.e stars in hollywood, you all fantasise about, or your sports stars, that are all hooked on drugs.

There is a thing called a mirror and i suggest alot of you use it.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by eradown

That's emotions for you! hehe. Talked about this more than once when touchy subjects like religion get the
OUT!

ANyway, it's Christmas. It's kind of a bad time to do what she did, but she did it anyway.

Yup, she probably did it for those who think that the Vatican's corrupt or what not. And on the other hand, she may have done it because she was crazy. But they always call those who oppose their views or see differently -- crazy. Regardless of her mental state, message sent; deed done.

It does smell like a set up and it is embarrassing to the institution. There must have been a better way to do this but indeed... sometimes actions speak louder than words. Heck, we're spewing out numerous words as of the moment - all due to a wordless moment. gasp gasp...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Most likely just another psycho atheist like we see everyday here on ATS.

or them crazy god people?

sheesh talk about hate!!

and you even got stars for that labastment of people...

what is your problem with atheists? lets see? Hell yea!!!!

man: I belive in god
man2: I dont
man: your a phyho athiest!!!
man2: really?
man: Yeahh!!
man2: why?
man: Because people like YOU go round knocking people like the pope over!
man2: who is this pope fellow?
man: Head of the curch like
man2: so im a nut because i dont belive in god?
man: Yep
man2: ok that makes sens

man2: I have a question
man: fire away!!
man2: did god make me then?
man: yep sure did
man2: so why are you being a hypercrit?
man: because ur a sinner!!! and have no faith!!
man2: But god made me this way? he knows everything?
man: thats not the point!!
man2: so what is the point?
man: IM RIGHT YOUR WRONG NOW GO AWAY!!!

God: what a bunch of morons i have created.. mind at least they came up with family guy "or was that me"

brap

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by headb

is it a bird, is it a plane? holy pope its a sceptic! LOL

could be a member of ats spectic squad doing some counnter agruments about aliens..

CHRISTMASS IS REALL DAMMIT she shouts the pope replys YEAH AND ALIENS ARE REAL AND GOD MADE EM!!

she laurnches at him mistletoe in hand LOL

classic

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by daslobo
reply to post by Lillydale

There are no clergy on the board. The board is comprised of lawyers, doctors, professors, a reporter, educators, social workers, and a judge.

Members of the church?
Picked out by whom?
Right.

You can keep up the smart remarks but I don't make anything up and I don't post what I cannot defend.

I know I can but thanks for permission anyway. You could just as easily be mistaken and making anything up. Did I say you made things up?

You miss the point of the post entirely. The Protestant denominations in the US have had more abuse cases.

There he goes, right back off that topic cliff. You miss the point of the thread title and the OP. This is about the Catholic Pope and why someone might want to tackle him. Are you saying someone might want to tackled the Catholic Pope because of what Protstants may or may not have done?

To this day, they continue to cover it up. The media is compliant in this cover up. Hence the post on a conspiracy forum.

Perhaps you should start a thread about that. It sounds serious. Maybe you can help before someone goes tackling them Protestants.

THIS THREAD is about the CATHOLIC POPE. Please let me know what it is that keeps getting confused here. I would love to engage with you all about protestant rapists - in a place where that just might be the topic. The topic for this thread has already been chosen and is NOT protestants.

Feel free to U2U me if you have any questions about the subject of this thread.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
Which is....please enlighten me. What does he represent to you? What EVILS is he speaking of to you?

Covering up for child rapists and allowing them to move on to new hunting grounds. He is directly responsible for every rape comitted by a priest he knew about and helped to just 'move.' This man represents all kinds of evils in his positions as pope but this man himself specifically represents the church's desire to allow the rape of children to continue and grow in favor of letting the church get a bad reputation for having to admit what it had done. When you are so worried about the name of your organization that you are willing to allow MORE CHILDREN TO BE RAPED because you don't want any trouble, you represent something pretty bad all the way around.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join