It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman jumps barrier, knocks down pope at Christmas Eve mass, Vatican says

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
The first reports are painting her as 'mental'.

It appears that anyone who attacks a world leader is "mentally unstable". That's what they said about the guy who attacked Berlusconi too.

I guess "stable" people just let them walk over us...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
Okay , if I do not think a whole bunch people should be punished for the sins of a few I support child molesting.

This is the punishment of one for the sins of the many including himself. You seemed to have mixed things up.

What a repulsive argument! Don't count on being able to steal Catholic children with such logic.

I agree it is. That is why I am not the one defending this man's part in such things. You are. I do not need any Catholic children. I use my own recipe for soup but thanks for the advice.

You brought the argument down to a low level. I can't go lower than you.

You mean I brought the subject of child rape down to...the level of child rape? Sorry. I have every confidence you can go as low as you want to. If you think that will help you defend the Pope, go for it. LOL.

I don't accuse people I do not know of condoning child molestation.

Usually I do not either. I do level that accusation at people that spend pages defending a man for helping child rapists get to rape even more children though.

I also don't use a stupid regional accents to mock people I have never heard speak.

Awe shucks. That had nothing to do with mocking you. That was just my way of putting that. I am sorry you thought it was some attack. It was not. I have no need to attack you.

Winning an argument with a stranger is not that important to me. Have a Merry Christmas!

I wish you had said that about a half a dozen posts ago. We could have made this much shorter.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
For all you people out there laughing and what have you. You have no idea what the world would of been like without the christian church. Go live in africa or india, and see what non christian countries are like and what the world would of been like, for you positive thinking crowd.

Without the church our world would of been alot worse.

You people have not even thought about what your typing, and are just sick of the power the church had and has. If you want to live in a world of positive thinking goto india, and see what a rubbish experience life is with that attitude.

Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
For all you people out there laughing and what have you. You have no idea what the world would of been like without the christian church.

There is no such thing as The Christian Church.

Go live in africa or india, and see what non christian countries are like and what the world would of been like, for you positive thinking crowd.

Without the church our world would of been alot worse.

You people have not even thought about what your typing, and are just sick of the power the church had and has. If you want to live in a world of positive thinking goto india, and see what a rubbish experience life is with that attitude.

Be careful what you wish for.

Yes because an imaginary church that feeds people certainly makes up for a real church that has "raped" its followers in one way or another for all of it's existence.

It is kind of obvious that some people are too eager to defend the Catholic church for some reason. Do you have any idea how much hunger could really be taken care of if the Vatican city were to rid itself of it's arrogant opulence that is a blight in the eye of the very lord it claims to praise?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by daslobo
Go ahead and kick the Catholic Church while it's down. They have committed atrocities that would make God throw up. However, they are the sole large scale religious organization that has finally and fully disclosed its' past.

That is nothing but speculation. How would you know they have fully disclosed anything? When is the last time you trusted the guy that raped you and covered it up to come clean?

Several priests were sent to jail and killed while there.

If you want to sniff out a real conspiracy, find out why the press isn't reporting abuse in other denominations.

That would be a different thread. This one is about the pope of the Catholic Church getting tackled and speculation as to why.

Many of you seem to be mistaking prejudice against the Catholics for what is actually just trying to stay on topic.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I'm puzzled but not altogether so by the amount of criticism there is for people who think this whole thing was quite funny. Religious leaders are not worth more than a normal person. It is no more disrespectful to knock the pope over than it is to do the same to a bum in the street. The kind of sycophantic worship that the power hungry elite get is why we're in this sorry state to begin with.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

Oh yep there are only paedo in the catholic church is that right. The fbi did a stink of uk a few years back, and found the highest number of paedos in that sting, where in the police. So in that case the fbi proved the police had the most paedos at that moment in time, in that paedophile trap.

So how come we do not hear about police and there powers to perve into peoples homes with hidden cameras, watching little kids take baths?

On the catholic church none of you have even thought about what the church did for mankind. None of you even considered what the world would of been like without christian beliefs, and this does not make me republican, i hate that party.

Before you rubbish talk the catholic church you should consider what it would of been like without it.

i.e go live in africa and india, and see what the world would of been like.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I have no doubt in my mind that Jesus would be doing this if he came to the Vatican. Woww this thought just came to me, perhaps it was his Spirit that jumped over the barrier

Temple

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
apparently, she thought it was a football game, and she probably thought that the pope hat was a football... hence the tackle...

silly story.

heres another line

OOOUCH! tackled at the one yard line! the offensive line should of been more aware of the pass rush... she tore right through that O line!

[edit on 12/25/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Oh yep there are only paedo in the catholic church is that right.

I am starting to doubt you are even reading my posts. I never mentioned pedophiles at all. I never said that was all there was in the Catholic Church. After the OP asked why someone might have anger at the CATHOLIC POPE, did you expect people to respond with tales of Rabbi rapists? You did read the thread title, correct?

The fbi did a stink of uk a few years back, and found the highest number of paedos in that sting, where in the police.

That is so interesting. Why don't you start a thread about the pedophile/police problem in the UK. This thread is not about that in any way shape or form.

So in that case the fbi proved the police had the most paedos at that moment in time, in that paedophile trap.

Awesome. Again, I did not even mention pedophiles. This thread is about anger toward the Catholic Pope.

So how come we do not hear about police and there powers to perve into peoples homes with hidden cameras, watching little kids take baths?

This thread is NOT ABOUT THE POLICE OR PEDOPHILES! That would be why.

On the catholic church none of you have even thought about what the church did for mankind. None of you even considered what the world would of been like without christian beliefs, and this does not make me republican, i hate that party.

I have thought about it quite clearly and if you think that the Catholic Church is a good representative of the Christian faith, then you really need to re-read that bible. I can start you off with a really easy one. What was the cost of the robes the Pope wore for mass tonight? What does the bible say about God's view of rich people?

Have you ever done any actual research into the horrible history of the Catholic church? Please do. You will soon find that Christianity and Catholicism bear little resemblance in practice.

Before you rubbish talk the catholic church you should consider what it would of been like without it.

I have. I know plenty of good Christians. They have no need for the Catholic Church or its child rapist loving pope.

i.e go live in africa and india, and see what the world would of been like.

You are too cute.

Annnnnnnnyway...the topic of the thread is the Pope of the Catholic Church being tackled. The question was asked why someone might have that kind of anger toward him. This man represents and institution that helped cover up and promote the rape of tens of thousands of children. He is the figure head. People may be angry about that and see him as the symbol to attack.

There is also the fact that this man himself was directly involved in covering many of these crimes up and thus allowing these priests opportunity to commit these acts again and again and again. His hands are very very dirty in the child rape scandal.

[edit on 12/25/09 by Lillydale]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The photos released of the assailant killer deranged women is interesting, looks like she might need a reversing beeper.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

a reversing beeper.

What is this device ?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

The US Conference of Bishops commissioned a study and released all of the results. They released the fact that abuse was covered up. The admitted it and apologized for it and created a national board That is full disclosure. They also created a national board and strict guidelines that required immediate disclosure to authorities and removal of the accused even before any investigation.

No other denomination has done that to this extent.

I am not mistaking anyone's prejudice against the Catholic Church for what it is. I am not going off topic either. The widespread selective reporting about the Catholic Church has made it and its' leaders targets.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by shakespear1

a reversing beeper.

What is this device ?
I do believe the charmer is refering to the beeper that lorrys have when they reverse. Sggesting that the lady in the attack is a bit of a porker. (I've not seen the picture, so I'm just deducing)

Who cares how big or small she was anyway, she's just sent a message to the world. And it's one I kinda like. It's a shame she wasn't strapped up with explosives, but never mind. (yes, I completly 100% advocate the assassination of the pope, and any world leaders, I base this on the fact that they think it's fine to spread murder and hate, bite me
)

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by daslobo

The US Conference of Bishops commissioned a study and released all of the results. They released the fact that abuse was covered up. The admitted it and apologized for it and created a national board That is full disclosure. They also created a national board and strict guidelines that required immediate disclosure to authorities and removal of the accused even before any investigation.

So they investigated themselves. They admitted what they swear is everything. They promised to elect themselves to babysit themselves.

Uh huh. This would be the same people the committed these crimes to begin with, right? Did um... did you read that by any chance?

Why does the legal system not adopt this. What a time and money saver. From now on, all criminals should get the chance to say they looked into it, discovered everything, will admit to it, and promise to convene a board of themselves to make sure they do not do it again. Of course, that is a lot of unemployed law enforcement...such a pickle.

No other denomination has done that to this extent.

Has any other denomination had to?

I am not mistaking anyone's prejudice against the Catholic Church for what it is. I am not going off topic either. The widespread selective reporting about the Catholic Church has made it and its' leaders targets.

OK?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

attack is a bit of a porker.

She vaults very well. I say she is around 25-35 yrs.

She definitely did send a message.

The attack on Poor Silvio B likewise was a message.

Silvio

Comical

His current cabinet's equal opportunity minister

Will never know the truth, but interesting to ask who is sending the messages

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well, mentally unstable or not, she fooled the security (The video documenting the aggression can be found here:
and it wasn't even the first time: on 2008, she tried the same stunt, but in that case she was stopped by the security: the video can be found here

As you can see by doing a quick comparison between the two events, this time there has been a serious lack of side coverage, that's why she managed to even touch him: she could have had some knife, or some bottle of sulfuric acid, and no one would have been able to stop her from doing some major damage.
For the woman, Susanna Maiolo (she has both italian and swiss citizenship), it has been started a medical mandatory cure.

Unlike what happened for the man who attacked Berlusconi (it became obvious he was unstable right after the attack, it was proved he was in cure for more than ten years because of serious mental issues, everything is documented) so far no documents have emerged proving she's mentally unstable. Actually, she was just said by the Vatican to be "apparently unbalanced".
She won't be put on trial in Italy: according to the Lateran Treaty, italian justice could be involved only in case Vatican would file a formal request of intervention (and it's extremely unlikely), since the event took place in Vatican territory. Vatican laws are very soft in these (and other) cases.

French Cardinal Roger Etchegaray was also knocked down in the incident and suffered a broken hip, he now requires an operation, which will take place at Rome's Gemelli hospital. The man is 87, and at that age a broken bone is a very serious issue.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

There are no clergy on the board. The board is comprised of lawyers, doctors, professors, a reporter, educators, social workers, and a judge.

You can keep up the smart remarks but I don't make anything up and I don't post what I cannot defend.

You miss the point of the post entirely. The Protestant denominations in the US have had more abuse cases. To this day, they continue to cover it up. The media is compliant in this cover up. Hence the post on a conspiracy forum.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
Curious that she was wearing red. Source - NYTimes.com

Something like this may only happen if it's allowed to, or supposed to happen. A LOT of security surrounds the papacy.

More on the "lady in red," from the outstanding 'The Arrivals' series.

go to 5:26 for more on the esoteric meaning of the "lady in red."

Commence wild speculation.

Merry Christmas!

Dude, that video is somewhat woman-hating. It's woman-hating men scared to death of how powerless they are to their own desire for women.
Are you sure this is about the Masons and the Illuminati?
They showed the clip of the women kissing each other on stage so many times I got distracted from what they are trying to point out.
I think they just like the chics kissing part.
And pointing out the whole "female tempting man" thing again with the Devil's advocate clip.
It's not Eve's fault, people!
Even if the story WERE true then it STILL doesn't make it Eve's fault.
If anything it says that Adam was a complete [snip]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Let me get this straight...you hold Ratzinger responsible for all that has occurred within the history of the Catholic Church...from the inquisition...to the invasion of the Americas?

He therefore deserves the a good tackle every Christmas. Any type of violence particularly, one which involves degrading a religious figure-head...regardless of religion....is at the very least counter productive to whatever message you are trying to invoke, stupid, and juvenile.

I can't help you if you think otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join