It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Pictures full of Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
AS17-162-24047
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/af008a9a330db922.jpg[/atsimg]
Source: www.apolloarchive.com...

Three things.

1: UFO or reflection? (Right Corner)

2: What part of the world am I looking at?

3: Is this a normal cloud formation that spans almost the entire side of the earth?

Hint:

And what the hell is this? A giant UFO inbetween Apollo 17 and Earth?

www.hq.nasa.gov...

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Regenstorm]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I wish those were the only things (pictures/footage) that are fishy. Fact is, everything NASA is more fishy then an expired smelly fish. The very sentece and sad reality that NASA doctores the pictures from Mars just to make it look the planet is dead, is dumb as hell and speals for itself. But don't look at me - i don't represent the average mainstream Joe who believes every pile of crap they serve him and thinks how cool it is.

[edit on 24/12/09 by Cybernet]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
1. The Moon probably.

2. Hard to say...

3. On the left and right are the poles. It's not all cloud cover.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i cant say for the second, but for the first, the north pole would be on the right hand side, and the image is of the americas( pretty sure).

i can tell the orientatin based upon the cloud structure. baroclinic leafs, and lows, are bowed with the concave facing west and the convex side facing east.

i say that it is the americas because when i zoom in i can make out the yucatan pen and the gomex wich would be on the right hand side near the edge of the globe in the original image.

alot of the white is because of contrast issues with the image on the edges. it is not super uncommon to have a lorge portion of the globe show white with visible imagery, this is because both the higher etage clouds and the lower will show as bright white under this condition, while with IR, it shows a temperature and not actual clouds. in IR imagery, you have a tendency to see the lower clouds as darker greys on a b/w scale, while the higher and colder cloouds will be seen as the bright white ones.

hope this helps a bit

-Wx

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The Moon would have looked a "little bit bigger": like this

(from the same ROLL (162), image AS17-162-24103
Apollo 17, Magazine SS
(LPI)

The Moon was approximately at 112 kilometers from the camera.
And as you can see, there's the same type of blue glitch: those blue spots are present all over hasselblad images: even in the same roll, for example in frames:
AS17-162-24103 (this one)
AS17-162-24046
AS17-162-24106

Basically, you can find these spots all over Apollo Hasselblad images.
Here are some example from Apollo 10 mission:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

www.hq.nasa.gov...

www.hq.nasa.gov...

www.hq.nasa.gov...

AS14-66-9221 (notice that the dark background is the spacecraft, not the sky)

www.hq.nasa.gov...

AS14-66-9223
www.hq.nasa.gov...

Honestly, i don't know what caused such a glitches, maybe something gone wrong during the scan, like scratches in the film: i don't really know what exactly caused therm, but they are definately glitches. I remember that once Zorgon told me something about the emulsion of the film, but can't find the post in question.

Regarding the question about what part of the world is visible, i confess i didn't figure it out, but after reading both C.H.U.D.'s and wx4caster's post, ive enhanced the image and rotated it by 90° counter-clockwise, and maybe there's a match (circled) with central america:

but i'm not sure at all: as said, i couldn't figure it out at first glance.
Anyway, for what it's woth, its caption reads:

View of gibbous Earth during the outbound trip. Ron Evans mentions this photo and the next one at about 41:15 (mission time from planned launch time) and refers to them as frames 16 (24047) and 17 (24048).

history.nasa.gov...

Thanks for sharing

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
yep, that is exactly the feature that i used to decide where the pic is taken. (in my opinion of course)

i used snag it and rotated the image based upon the clouds and that was my best guess, although i am still not sure how to post all the nifty images for evidence, i only know the basics lol...

great work internos, and thank you!!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thank you very much for your effort. I already noticed more of them so I already thought it might be a glitch. But is this one a glitch as well?
www.hq.nasa.gov...
It's from the same roll.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Part of that picture of the Earth is overexposed. It's not all cloud cover.

As to what that bright light is, I don't know. It's possibly the Moon. But it's hard to determine without knowing how far away the spacecraft was when the picture was taken. If it is a UFO, it's huge.

As far as NASA pictures go, this is one relatively uncontroversial. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of NASA photos portraying an unexplained phenomena of some sort. Anymore, it's routine for NASA.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

You are welcome

NO, that's a shot taken with red filter, here's the caption:

At 65 hours 24 minutes after earth launch (68:04 mission time relative to the planned time of launch), Jack Schmitt tells CapCom Bob Parker, "Okay, Bob, we're getting ready for the ALFMED. I just took a red-filter and a blue-filter pictures, - On frame 41 now, with a 35-millimeter - pictures of the Earth. And I took them one stop smaller - that is, more open - than the lightmeter said, hoping to compensate for the small Earth. The Earth just barely fills the most inner - the innermost circle of the spotmeter. Also, there's a very strong band of clouds, shaped sort of like a narrow fir tree, with a base about 20 degrees of longitude west of Baja California, that extends up, I believe, into the vicinity of Hawaii. And the top terminates in a very strong northern cyclone pattern." 24072 is obviously the red-filter picture.

Here', i've made an animation showing the three different status:

[edit on 24/12/2009 by internos]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks internos. I had assumed the photo was not taken from the Moon's surface of course. Good work as always! Your reply made me chuckle when I saw your reply and realized my mistake.

Originally posted by internos
Regarding the question about what part of the world is visible, i confess i didn't figure it out

What gave it away to me, is if you look at the shadow on the surface of Earth/direction of the light, you can tell where the equator is, since sunlight falls on the equator at a 90 degree angle (more or less).

Merry Christmas internos, and everyone else here on ATS.

Edit to add: I think you/wx4caster nailed the location too. Nice work guys

[edit on 24-12-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Case closed.
Class dismissed!

Merry Christmas everybody!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

reply to post by Regenstorm

And Merry Christmas to you and everyone else here on ATS

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

2: What part of the world am I looking at?

3: Is this a normal cloud formation that spans almost the entire side of the earth?

dont trouble yourself.... they are all fake.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

in regards to your points 2 & 3..... if you compare the different versions of the earth pictures taken via the apollo missions.... you WILL have to accept the FACT that the earth is dancing on its axis & that clouds are controlled by quantum mechanics.....

top topics

join