It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Thankful for My Government

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Wow. i just had this sudden urge to

puke dinner.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I was going to say I can't believe the OP, but the guy probably genuinely feels and thinks that his government is doing him a favor. He may also be very happy drunk since it's Christmas and all that.

I could plaster this entire thread with walls of text, but in respect to the OP he asked us all to U2U him all the so called truth's negatives of the government.

I really am holding myself back from fully participating in this thread, I have a full writers passion role on such a topic like this, but I know its a waste of time as the OP kind of reminds me of one of those innocent puppies or the feeling of seeing innocent kids opening up Christmas presents. For those wanting a better description see: "Jimmy Bond (Stephen Snedden)" from The Lone Gunmen.

All I want to say is, I come from the North of Ireland, The Irish government handed my country over to the British Government, I have experienced martial law in my country and many other things. Oh, just in case you don't know; The British Empire owns Canada. If you don't believe me and disregard text (from many sources), then you should check out Canada's Coat of Arms. Symbols tell all.

I am also sure Canada can't wait to merge with America and Mexico, and using that large trade route.

...but, heh it's Christmas, let us all be false.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Reply to post by For(Home)Country

It is sad that there are many people out there who still think that their government gives two hoots about them and those that they love.

One day I hope to wake up one day and see that the government has no safe haven and everyone is there calling to an end to tyranny and spin.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
i think the point here is not to analyze the individuals in place now, or the wrongs that they have commited, but instead analyze the aidea of a governing body in the sense that we as people need structure of some sorts.

Ever read Thomas Paine, I strongly suggest it. And as for Canada having free health care? Are you kidding me, the costs comes from the price of everything else, it ain't free. Give me a break. Although it may be available to everyone, that does not make it good or right. Who knows what you are getting? If doctors were more accountable and passionate about what they do and who they care for, as in local doctors making personal relationships with those in their neighborhood, then health care would be a good thing and would NOT need to be government run. And it shouldn't be. If a doctor was charging too much, then the people would stop going to him and kick him out, personal responsibility is there again. We do not NEED government intruding in our personal lives, government was instituted to deal with commercial affairs between the states and foreign nations and to protect our borders, that is it, period. The politicians took it upon themselves to enslave all of us and seize control of OUR assets and labor, wake up already.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
The politicians took it upon themselves to enslave all of us and seize control of OUR assets and labor, wake up already.

They didn't take anything

You gave it up freely

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTHING 4 NO ONE

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I am thankful that I can go to any corner and buy medicine from a store 24 hours a day.

I am thankful every city has a museum, or multiple museums, theaters, galleries and churches.

I am thankful I can major in what I want.

I am thankful that no matter where I go, I can call 911 in an emergency.

What does any of the above have to do with government?
2nd linia

Figured it would be common sense but here goes:

In North Korea, kids watch Disney movies but think they are from Japan. They are not allowed to know they are American made.

So there are few limits on what we are allowed to watch and see and what art we can experience. And we can develope art as we see fit.

In many spots in the middle east, a woman can't go shopping by herself.

In the Congo, women are constantly raped but are told to keep quiet about from the government.

In Nigeria, women are not allowed to cross their legs in front of men.

The civil rights division works very hard to make sure that companies can't discriminate.

Many governments don't have a the option of so many products in a store. Do you think in Russia they have a choice of 50 pairs of jeans? That is trade negotiation and a kinda sorta free market.

The US has the strictest standards when it comes to food labeling. So you know what is in your food. They are even required to label preservatives for those who are allergic to sulfites. You think most countries do that?The person that goes around making sure the local restaurant doesn't give you food poisoning is government.

Public hospitals are required to take anyone, instead of being turned away.

Civil rights works hard to keep mass discrimination from happening. But now people whine about having to be pc. Because in their mind it should be ok to marginalize members of their society.

You have no idea how good you have it.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by nixie_nox]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join